Foodland supermarket coming to Royal Garden!

Jingthing

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

You could walk the length of the car park if you'd like, or stroll through the mall and out the front would be a better choice

Funny thing is that driving there late (after 2?) at night last week, the car park access from beach road is closed and not manned, you have to drive around to walking street or through boyztown to get back on 2nd road entrance and enter there, maybe Royal Garden Plaza have always done this late at night, I've never been there that late before, but it's very inconvenient and if I'm already down to South Pattaya, Friendship is just equally easy to get to

If they don't sort this out it's more than mildly inconvenient, burger king on 'top side' seem to be open 24 hours as well, when I went there both Foodland and Burger King is empty, and so is the carpark. They could make decent dough out of the crowds that come out when the entertainments closes

Why are you detouring through boyztown?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tazly said:

Why are you detouring through boyztown?

It's either that or all the way to walking street/south road, I don't know what's worse, the parked baht bus on walking street or the narrow boyztown soi where you might scrape your mirrors on some gyrating posterior, But I suppose at 2AM it'd be quite tame by then

Just now, digbeth said:

It's either that or all the way to walking street/south road, I don't know what's worse, the parked baht bus on walking street or the narrow boyztown soi where you might scrape your mirrors on some gyrating posterior, But I suppose at 2AM it'd be quite tame by then

what about one of the pattayaland sois....

Went today for the first time. I had a meal at the restaurant of salmon, taters and salad. Salad was fine, salmon below average and taters undercooked. I may give it another try but first impressions not great.

I really liked the supermarket; plenty of choice and good prices. It knocks spots off Villa. I will be back; maybe pig out at Sizzler before shopping next time.

1 minute ago, champers said:

Went today for the first time. I had a meal at the restaurant of salmon, taters and salad. Salad was fine, salmon below average and taters undercooked. I may give it another try but first impressions not great.

I really liked the supermarket; plenty of choice and good prices. It knocks spots off Villa. I will be back; maybe pig out at Sizzler before shopping next time.

did you ask for the taters to be well done...why not send back and get fixed?

3 minutes ago, tazly said:

did you ask for the taters to be well done...why not send back and get fixed?

No, I asked for them medium rare.? I couldn't be ersed to send them back. It was one medium tater cut in half; not worth making a West End production over it. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

No, I asked for them medium rare.? I couldn't be ersed to send them back. It was one medium tater cut in half; not worth making a West End production over it. 

So the problem was with you  not being "ersed"(whatever that means), and not wanting to make a West end production.  Isn't this resto in the "West end" ....do you live on the darkside or what, the "so-called" east end?

Edited by tazly

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Taters? Tater tots? Baked potato? 

People actually call out cooking levels for potatoes? 
Never heard of such a thing. 

Boiled in this instance, JT, but not quite enough. Undercooked is no good, overcooked you have mash.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Taters? Tater tots? Baked potato? 

People actually call out cooking levels for potatoes? 
Never heard of such a thing. 

Now you have....even at a burger joint if the fries are cold or undercooked, ya send them back! The other guy whingeing about undercooked food never gave these hardworking and honest people a chance to rectify the problem, but instead saved his angst to whinge online!

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sending them back for a cooking mistake is not the same thing as calling out done level with a potato order when ordering. 

That's not a thing. 

Maybe not your thang......but now you know how to fix the problem...no need to thank me for the schooling!

11 minutes ago, tazly said:

Maybe not your thang......but now you know how to fix the problem...no need to thank me for the schooling!

I know how to send things back but in my experience in Thailand, it's not well accepted in this culture, and the food you get back is usually even worse. 

Hey waiter, tater tots please, burnt on the outside, medium rare on the inside ...

tater.jpg.b70be736432ddd029fc1f4c5ef67b587.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I know how to send things back but in my experience in Thailand, it's not well accepted in this culture, and the food you get back is usually even worse. 

Hey waiter, tater tots please, burnt on the outside, medium rare on the inside ...

tater.jpg.b70be736432ddd029fc1f4c5ef67b587.jpg

Touche.....however there is an implicit assumption that anytime you order taters such as at a steakhouse, they will be cooked, though it is not stated.  The waiter might offer, baked, french fries, mashed or other types of taters, but he does not use the word cooked.  It is a shared understanding is that it is properly cooked.  If not, then you request corrective countermeasures.  Similar to ordering a beer...there is a shared understanding that it is full, though no one says one full beer please.  If not full, ya send it back.  Capiche?

I never didn't capiche.

I'm just pointing out that ordering done level when ordering is NOT the same thing as sending back cooking mistakes.

It's customary to ask for cooking level for meats like beefsteaks when ordering. Doing that with potatoes is just not common. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I never didn't capiche.

I'm just pointing out that ordering done level when ordering is NOT the same thing as sending back cooking mistakes.

It's customary to ask for cooking level for meats like beefsteaks when ordering. Doing that with potatoes is just not common. 

Yes, but you are "implicitly" doing it, as in the beer example. Or even simpler, you ask for an apple, they give you an orange, so you send it back and say no I want apple.....starting to see how it works now?

Just now, tazly said:

Yes, but you are "implicitly" doing it, as in the beer example. Or even simpler, you ask for an apple, they give you an orange, so you send it back and say no I want apple.....starting to see how it works now?

I never didn't see how it works. You're just playing games, dude. 

7 minutes ago, tazly said:

Shouldn't that be,  " I never didn't not fail to inaccurately see how it works"

Look if u send food items back in  the kitchen for being undercooked or overcooked we all know they gonna spit in ur food.That happens worldwide in enclosed kitchens that is.My advice just eat it up dont take the spit risk.

5 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Look if u send food items back in  the kitchen for being undercooked or overcooked we all know they gonna spit in ur food.That happens worldwide in enclosed kitchens that is.My advice just eat it up dont take the spit risk.

Never happen in Thailand....stop listening to Eminem

I thought someone was just joking about the tater comments.

Many slang words regarding taters.

taters

tater hog

tater bin

sweet potato pie

All slang sexual references.

Probably just my sick mind.  :)

Edited by bkk6060

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I thought someone was just joking about the tater comments.

Many slang words regarding taters.

taters

tater hog

tater bin

sweet potato pie

All slang sexual references.

Probably just my sick mind.  :)

You missed tater ash. Lovely with pickled red cabbage.

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

LOL> going by your theory I must have eaten a lot of spit here in Thailand. What you don't know won't hurt you.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:10 AM, KittenKong said:
On 5/26/2017 at 4:01 AM, bkk6060 said:

Parked my motorbike in the underground lot and was charged 10 b.

Really? Did you get a receipt?

:cheesy:

Some off topic posts have been removed, please do not start that spitting in food nonsense again, topic is about Foodland opening in Royal Garden

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

that's what's called boyztown

(but you knew that already)

You seem to know, but one of the sois I mentioned does not have any signage which would support your hypothesis..... maybe Soi Pattayaland 2 (Soi 13/4)?

Edited by tazly

I don't know where exactly is considered 'Boyztown' but soi 13/4 is the only one after Royal Garden Plaza that you can take a shortcut from beach to 2nd road without going all the way to Walking street