Search continues for weapons connected to fugitive red-shirt leader 'Ko Tee'

webfact

Search continues for weapons

The Nation

7357750ea14729639b878832075351bb-sld.jpe

Photo : Tatchadon Panyaphanitkul

BANGKOK: -- Police on Monday continued their raids in nine locations in seven provinces in a hunt for more weapons possibly connected to fugitive red-shirt leader, Wuthipong Kachathamkhun, alias Ko Tee.

Wuthingpong's house in Pathum Thani province was raided on Saturday and a large cache of weapons including four M-16 rifles, one M79 grenade launcher, 13 guns, plus 5,000 rounds of ammunition was found along with three red-shirt banners and other material deemed to violate the lese majeste law.

The crackdown has been criticised as a set-up to cast blame on the red-shirt network.

Deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanachareon said that police had confidence in their evidence that led to the raid on Wuthipong's dwelling as well as other locations.

"The raids and searches are continuing today. If we have information linked to people or places, we will conduct searches for sure," the spokesman said.

Police are still checking into the background of the confiscated weapons as well as funding sources. "We are checking whether some politicians are involved in threatening government leaders, the resistance in the search at Dhammakaya Temple and the accumulation of the weapons."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309664

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-20

It's amazing how the RTP can find all these large weapon caches allegedly connected with Ko Tee in such a short time. But the RTM only rarely finds Malay-Thai insurgent weapon caches in the South where insurgents have been operating for several decades.

Looks suspiciously like a poor fit up attempt. He's been on the run a long time and yet only now do they go to house with a search warrant ?

And Koti......knowing he is a wanted man nonetheless stores a pile of weapons in his home ?

Plausible....not.

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Got to give the junta credit for being persistent in trying after the Finland plot, Khon Kaen model and the political bombing involvement went limp and cold. 

Could be one of those "I think we have these in stock" cases. 

This is from January 2014

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/695727-pathumthani-clash-leaves-3-redshirts-injured/

Lamlukka district. When the PCAD march entered the district, a group of UDD supporters led by Mr. Wutthipong ′Ko-Tee′ Kochathammakhun tried to chase away PCAD demonstrators. Using a machine gun it sounds like in the video I posted.

This proves Ko Tee had weapons like those found at his radio station in lamlukka. They weren't planted by anyone.

As I said on the first thread concerning this situation, it really doesn't matter who's the 'villain' here, this is trouble for sure. I don't know the political proportions in Thailand, and I don't want to know, but we all know that the NE holds most of the 'red shirts'. This sounds like a process of 'alienation' and that's just one step away from...I think you know what I mean. There is something else I noticed recently. I live quite to an army barracks and up until 2 weeks ago, when the clock struck 8 a.m. one heard the radio 'wela baed nalika' and then the National anthem. Now one hears the time but no national anthem, it is the NCPO tune that is heard, the same as on the PM's Friday night TV slot. Of course I realise that might mean nothing but has anyone else noticed this?

8 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

This is from January 2014

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/695727-pathumthani-clash-leaves-3-redshirts-injured/

Lamlukka district. When the PCAD march entered the district, a group of UDD supporters led by Mr. Wutthipong ′Ko-Tee′ Kochathammakhun tried to chase away PCAD demonstrators. Using a machine gun it sounds like in the video I posted.

This proves Ko Tee had weapons like those found at his radio station in lamlukka. They weren't planted by anyone.

Here's the video, must have not pressed the right button. Anyway here it is and you can clearly hear rapidfire gunshots that sound to me like a machine gun.

Edited by tukkytuktuk