Probe intensifies to find out if politicians and officials were involved in assassination plot

snoop1130

Probe intensifies to find out if politicians and officials were involved in assassination plot

police.jpg

Police are investigating whether the nine suspects arrested along with the seizure of a large cache of war weapons from Ko Tee’s company in Pathum Thani last week are linked to any politicians, police or military personnel, Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen, deputy spokesman of the Royal Thai Police Office, told the media on Monday.

While insisting that the seizure of a substantial cache of war weapons was not staged, he said police have been monitoring Ko Tee or Wutthipong Kotthammakul and his men for quite a long time and found out that they were engaged in activities to discredit the National Council for Peace and Order and to incite unrest in the country via the social media.

He alleged that the group, including those arrested, was linked to the plot to assassinate government leaders and was behind the acts to disrupt recent attempts by officials to search the Dhammakaya temple.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/probe-intensifies-find-politicians-officials-involved-assassination-plot/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-3-20

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He alleged that the group, including those arrested, was linked to the plot to assassinate government leaders ." Err, What Plot?

This is looking a little like the Trump wiretapping claim. Incredible accusation, lacking only the smallest piece of evidence in the public domain to back it up.

You can go back decades in Thai politics and the same old tired tactics were being used. This one "the assassination plot" usually precedes some form of draconian action or mass arrest of key rivals.

We haven't had the pre counter-coup fancy dress birthday party for a while.

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You can go back decades in Thai politics and the same old tired tactics were being used. This one "the assassination plot" usually precedes some form of draconian action or mass arrest of key rivals.

We haven't had the pre counter-coup fancy dress birthday party for a while.

Can't really believe that anyone would really assassinate someone that high up.. just don't believe it. So I don't really believe this plot. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Can't really believe that anyone would really assassinate someone that high up.. just don't believe it. So I don't really believe this plot. 

That's what I mean, a fake plot is "revealed" to justify subsequent actions and gain sympathy from the public.

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

That's what I mean, a fake plot is "revealed" to justify subsequent actions and gain sympathy from the public.

Yes I understood that..  just added to it that I would not believe something like that. Because going after someone like Prayut.. that is suicide same if you go after Thaksin or YL.. not good for your health. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes I understood that..  just added to it that I would not believe something like that. Because going after someone like Prayut.. that is suicide same if you go after Thaksin or YL.. not good for your health. 

And he would be replaced by another General anyway. :)

I think that Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen should arrest the person who told him that his comb-over looks good. Love to see him doing a presss conference outside when the wind picks up and that hair picks up and starts flapping away.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

"He alleged that the group, including those arrested, was linked to the plot to assassinate government leaders ." Err, What Plot?

This is looking a little like the Trump wiretapping claim. Incredible accusation, lacking only the smallest piece of evidence in the public domain to back it up.

You mean the statement from Ko Tee saying he had an armed underground army and was going to use it if a coup happened?  A bit more than a small piece of evidence.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/711882-ko-tee-admits-organising-red-riot-forces/

A prominent Redshirts activist has admitted that he has been preparing an armed "underground" force in the event of a military coup.

Smoking gun anyone? LOL

9 hours ago, candide said:

And he would be replaced by another General anyway. :)

That too.. and how long do you think elections would be postponed then.. (and with a real good excuse the world would understand). Not a good idea at all. 

You have to hand it to them this will be just another true to form junta beat up , many of which are to come, Abhisit used to get at one stage about a dozen threats a day to not only himself but the whole family, so where does that put Prayut..........................................:coffee1:

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

You mean the statement from Ko Tee saying he had an armed underground army and was going to use it if a coup happened?  A bit more than a small piece of evidence.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/711882-ko-tee-admits-organising-red-riot-forces/

Smoking gun anyone? LOL

Oh I have no doubt that the red shirts have weapons and that Ko Tee has them. These weapons could be his for sure, just don't believe the assassination plot. 

that is suicide same if you go after Thaksin

While political assassination is against local customs - unless sanctioned from the highest levels - there was at least one attempt on Thaksin back in August, 2006. Luckily. someone very high up called it off at the last moment, preferring to organize a coup the next month. ISOC head Gen. Pallop Pinmanee was forced out as a result of this attempt, and the three Army officers caught red-handed were let off.

Claiming an attempted assassination and pending violence, seizing of arms caches is pretty much SOP for the military here based on ~ 60 years of "experience", and is an indication of their paranoia and need to clamp down.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh I have no doubt that the red shirts have weapons and that Ko Tee has them. These weapons could be his for sure, just don't believe the assassination plot. 

I wouldn't doubt there's some nut job somewhere here in Thailand that would love to assassinate the PM.  This happens in every country.  Whether it's this guy or not?  Who knows, but he has stated his intentions publicly. That's enough for the authorities to be worried about him.

15 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I wouldn't doubt there's some nut job somewhere here in Thailand that would love to assassinate the PM.  This happens in every country.  Whether it's this guy or not?  Who knows, but he has stated his intentions publicly. That's enough for the authorities to be worried about him.

Rule one of assassination is definitely to announce your intentions far and wide.....

9 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

It's happened before....

Rule 2 & 3 of assassination, live in a foreign country for 3 years prior to doing anything, and rule 3 store all your weapons in your residence/business where people are definitely not going to look.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police are investigating whether the nine suspects arrested along with the seizure of a large cache of war weapons from Ko Tee’s company in Pathum Thani last week are linked to any politicians, police or military personnel,

First clear sign of the junta starting to worry about their own police and military discontentment and power struggle. Ko Tee's small cache is insignificant against the might of the military but if it's inside struggle among the military or even among the elites, it will be a game changer. 

13 hours ago, robblok said:

Hmm... I have no doubt that there must be people out there who mean harm to the likes of Prayuth, but yes, this particular seizure of weapons / assassination plot as described by the authorities has an element of buffoonery about it that makes it difficult if not impossible to take seriously.