What do you like most about Thai girls?

Inspire

I date regularly and help with gas and you are being 'pompous'  and as for 'the vast majority of thai girls would not dream of doing that' is laughable!!!  "i make no moral judgements'  oh we really believe that  how about loosening that hard heart a bit and taking off those 'rose coloured specs'

yes your last sentence fits you nicely

You seem anxious to convince yourself - for reasons I can only speculate on - that your "dating" habits in Thailand are normal.As far as I remember taking a girl on a date in the US or the UK does not involve handing out cash.Actually it doesn't In Thailand either except for the foreigners who regard time with prostitutes as "dating".

You are wrong to believe I am being moralistic.I really don't care and in any event I have been around the block in Thailand.But hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

You seem anxious to convince yourself - for reasons I can only speculate on - that your "dating" habits in Thailand are normal.As far as I remember taking a girl on a date in the US or the UK does not involve handing out cash.Actually it doesn't In Thailand either except for the foreigners who regard time with prostitutes as "dating".

You are wrong to believe I am being moralistic.I really don't care and in any event I have been around the block in Thailand.But hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Not at all and dating in the UK or the US is not Thailand and like so many other things there is NO comparison but... much more expensive to get a UK or US girls knickers off I have to do the restaurant/movie/present gig (hypocrisy???).   What's all this about Hypocrisy?  are you REALLY trying to say that girls are not more available here? or more flexible?  or that we don't have to 'spend' in the UK or US to get laid???  wow

29 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Not at all and dating in the UK or the US is not Thailand and like so many other things there is NO comparison but... much more expensive to get a UK or US girls knickers off I have to do the restaurant/movie/present gig (hypocrisy???).   What's all this about Hypocrisy?  are you REALLY trying to say that girls are not more available here? or more flexible?  or that we don't have to 'spend' in the UK or US to get laid???  wow

There is no difference at all except that Thailand is slightly more socially conservative.Yes there are expenses involved in dating all over the world but handing out cash does not figure in that process.I don't know what you mean about girls being "more available" here.Certainly there is a huge prostitute population which people like you comically believe is a "dating" pool: in that sense this army of prostitutes certainly provides large numbers offering sex for cash.As for girls in the population of Thailand as a whole - the millions of middle class and well educated, not to mention the rural teenagers working on farms and in noodle joints etc - these certainly not "more available" to use your unlettered and crude language.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 5:04 AM, CharlieH said:

I Blame "Stingray" ! Yes, that kids show I watched so often has "Marina" aqua Marina, she looks Thai with her Asian features and long silky hair. I was "conditioned" as a child, so when I reached adulthood I went in search of my own "Marina",

Still havnt found her so married the wife instead.?

Parker's got it cracked

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/halifax-go-thunderbirds-parker-lady-penelope-star-latest-ad/1428572

• Like 1

well... let's go through it shall we?  yes there is a VENEER of social conservatism which has NO basis in reality at all. Some Thais love to think of Thailand as this special enclave of 'values' but, as I'm sure you know, Thailand is a two faced society claiming 'purity' yet doing nothing about Pattaya/Nana or any of the other 100s of places full of pay for play. The hypocrisy strides Thailand like a cancer and I can tell you I have multiple of experiences of casual sex with shop girls, doctors, office workers and we BOTH 'pretend' it's not P4P but I always offer gas money, money for studies or 'help' in some small way. This is the REALITY here and you can't do that in the UK or US as the girl would probably punch you in the face!  stop being pompous I get laid here (yes sometimes for 'free') far more than I would in  farangland and if you cannot see that you cannot be in Thailand.

You keep giving examples of girls who trade sex for cash - however dressed up or disguised - but ignore the huge majority that I doubt you have much access to.You get laid more often in Thailand because you pay for it.Try it on without the cash transfer and see what happens.Try it on with an old Mater Dei girl or a girl at the Polo Club and see what happens.

If you are young, handsome and charming I accept you can open doors anywhere.But the way you talk suggests there may be some shortcomings particularly in the latter category.

• Like 1

very interesting reading.. Mainly it shows that we all are a product of our past experiences and upbringing.

I think the line between dating and prostitution is grey. 

I had a buddy in Dallas Texas some 30 years ago who dated stripper bar girls  say to me.  "you pay for it or you pay for it!"  he was an accountant and I had to agree with him.

if its  payment is in roses, movie tickets dinners, dancing, drinks, gifts or crisp money what is the difference?..  to me whats important is the end goal of a person.   Having a transaction where a fixed sum is discussed prior to things is different than sharing some undemanded  but appreciated wealth after. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

very interesting reading.. Mainly it shows that we all are a product of our past experiences and upbringing.

I think the line between dating and prostitution is grey. 

I had a buddy in Dallas Texas some 30 years ago who dated stripper bar girls  say to me.  "you pay for it or you pay for it!"  he was an accountant and I had to agree with him.

if its  payment is in roses, movie tickets dinners, dancing, drinks, gifts or crisp money what is the difference?..  to me whats important is the end goal of a person.   Having a transaction where a fixed sum is discussed prior to things is different than sharing some undemanded  but appreciated wealth after. 

Exactly but some feel 'comfort' in their personal illusion for their own reasons (i.e. it 'validates' their relationship insecure as they are deep down). I think 99% of us know the truth that in asia the area is Grey indeed (thank God) and much less Black and White than in Europe/US.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Totally wrong I get laid for free quiet a lot and I would not make too many 'assumptions' if I were you. The only thing worse than Thai hypocrisy and an unwillingness to see the truth, as it is, is a pseud-Thai farang who thinks he knows Thais better than the Thais!  it is almost beyond comprehension that anyone thinks Thais are not 'easier' than western girls and we are not talking about payment here although most Thais are 'flexible' as I have stated and we all know. Your bubble must feel very comforting but it isn't real and is no doubt based on  the fact that 'your' girl is different of course ah... the sweet smell of 'ignorance is bliss'

From everything you have written I am now quite sure (there are plenty of clues) you have no substantive contact with well educated middle class Thais at all, let alone the decent Thai majority.You hand out cash to girls you are "dating" and somehow think this is normal.You consort with prostitutes and semi prostitutes and think that their behaviour reflects that of the majority of Thais.You think it is "beyond comprehension" anyone could think Thai girls are not "easier" than Western girls - a view that is a real give away of your ignorance and of the reasons (i can only speculate) why Western girls aren't falling over themselves for you.Any long term expatriate who isn't a glorified sex tourist would tell you the same thing.

I'm guessing without googling you have no idea what a Polo Club or a Mater Dei girl even is.Offer someone like this your grubby cash and she would slap your proletarian face.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

From everything you have written I am now quite sure (there are plenty of clues) you have no substantive contact with well educated middle class Thais at all, let alone the decent Thai majority.You hand out cash to girls you are "dating" and somehow think this is normal.You consort with prostitutes and semi prostitutes and think that their behaviour reflects that of the majority of Thais.You think it is "beyond comprehension" anyone could think Thai girls are not "easier" than Western girls - a view that is a real give away of your ignorance and of the reasons (i can only speculate) why Western girls aren't falling over themselves for you.Any long term expatriate who isn't a glorified sex tourist would tell you the same thing.

I'm guessing without googling you have no idea what a Polo Club or a Mater Dei girl even is.Offer someone like this your grubby cash and she would slap your proletarian face.

haha that is so funny... so ignorant of the reality here. Yup you are a real HiSo wannabe looking down your pompous nose at all the 'ordinary girls'. You might find a few elite girls as you describe but it's not the norm.  'Proletarian face'?  wow you really are a stuck-up ammart luvin dude aren't you? 

I'd advise you go check the REAL Thailand outside of your 'Polo Club' elite and get yer self an education - now give it a rest and enjoy your 'perfect thailand' and read post 339 AGAIN or do you really 'get it' and are just trolling? 

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Jayboy you come across as arrogant and ignorant of day-to-day reality I'd leave it there old boy if I were you please don't derail this thread further as there are some interesting posts. We all have different realities but yours is a minority perception governed by I don't know what but it's not the Thailand most of us know. Thank you.

Jayboy you come across as arrogant and ignorant of day-to-day reality I'd leave it there old boy if I were you please don't derail this thread further as there are some interesting posts. We all have different realities but yours is a minority perception governed by I don't know what but it's not the Thailand most of us know. Thank you.

Arrogant perhaps but not ignorant.A minority perception perhaps on this essentially blue collar forum but that does not make it wrong.I am also sure that the Thailand I describe is not the Thailand that you know - but that reflects on the very limited perception I have been at pains to outline on this thread.

If some of you regard most Thai women as "easy" and available for sex in exchange for cash, so be it.Most long term well informed expatriates would disagree.There's no moral judgement here just a sense of astonishment that there are so many low grade foreigners without any real clue about the country they live in.

But I suppose once a sex tourist always a sex tourist with the debased values associated with that status, even if "settled down".

• Like 1

haha that is so funny... so ignorant of the reality here. Yup you are a real HiSo wannabe looking down your pompous nose at all the 'ordinary girls'. You might find a few elite girls as you describe but it's not the norm.  'Proletarian face'?  wow you really are a stuck-up ammart luvin dude aren't you? 

I'd advise you go check the REAL Thailand outside of your 'Polo Club' elite and get yer self an education - now give it a rest and enjoy your 'perfect thailand' and read post 339 AGAIN or do you really 'get it' and are just trolling? 

I don't look down at all on ordinary girls whether "working" or not.Many have restricted choices and I would be a hypocrite if I denied taking advantage of that side of life.

I suppose I do have a measure of contempt for the type of foreigner who pays cash for sex and lacks the self awareness to understand the implications, and goes on to make absurd generalisations about Thai women being "easy".

5 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Arrogant perhaps but not ignorant.A minority perception perhaps on this essentially blue collar forum but that does not make it wrong.I am also sure that the Thailand I describe is not the Thailand that you know - but that reflects on the very limited perception I have been at pains to outline on this thread.

If some of you regard most Thai women as "easy" and available for sex in exchange for cash, so be it.Most long term well informed expatriates would disagree.There's no moral judgement here just a sense of astonishment that there are so many low grade foreigners without any real clue about the country they live in.

But I suppose once a sex tourist always a sex tourist with the debased values associated with that status, even if "settled down".

are you suggesting we are all sex tourists?  your arrogance is unbelievable 

Edited by LannaGuy

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I don't look down at all on ordinary girls whether "working" or not.Many have restricted choices and I would be a hypocrite if I denied taking advantage of that side of life.

I suppose I do have a measure of contempt for the type of foreigner who pays cash for sex and lacks the self awareness to understand the implications, and goes on to make absurd generalisations about Thai women being "easy".

oh so you 'took advantage' you hypocrite does that make YOU a sex tourist?   contempt for 'the type of foreigner'? but YOU are one and it's probably self-contempt which drives your indignation 

Edited by LannaGuy

11 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Young man, and I assume you are younger than I by your rash judgement (I am in my 60s),  I might be framed as many a thing but 'blue collar' or 'low grade foreigner' I would hope not after a long career in business and a good education at a top university.

Save your judgement for the pulpit for you are a preacher at heart. Calm down and live your life without need for casting aspersion please? I shall not engage you anymore and wish you well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

No, I am suggesting that you are - in mentality at least.

But if you prefer the label  "low grade foreigner without any real clue about the country", that's fine by me.I would not wish to offend needlessly.

How about debating without the ad hominem attacks? 

1 minute ago, binjalin said:

Young man, and I assume you are younger than I by your rash judgement (I am in my 60s),  I might be framed as many a thing but 'blue collar' or 'low grade foreigner' I would hope not after a long career in business and a good education at a top university.

Save your judgement for the pulpit for you are a preacher at heart. Calm down and live your life without need for casting aspersion please? I shall not engage you anymore and wish you well.

I didn't say you were blue collar: I said the forum is generally a blue collar place.I know nothing about you.Nor do I regard "blue collar" an aspersion.My father was a blue collar worker

Posts removed. Debate by all means but keep it civil and no personal attacks please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, jayboy said:

No most Thai girls are not "flexible" in the sense you use it.If anything Thai girls tend to be rather conservative in sexual morality but most foreigners don't have much experience of that world.

As for the types people like you mix with, I agree there isn't always crystal like clarity.But a useful working rule is that if a girl takes cash ( even a "little assistance") for putting it out, she's a prostitute.

Part of the problem in perception is that most foreigners  (especially the sex tourist types) tend to be of low social class and low level education.They mix almost entirely with Thais of a similar or even  lower level.Thus it's not surprising they often completely misread or misunderstand what ordinary Thais think or feel.

By flexible lets call them wildcards. With the exception of elite hi - so girls ( that  you are conflating with average Thai girls)  For examples:  (1.)  The university  girls who accept some cash because they want a new phone - right now.(2) I  once talked to a girl who worked at a convenience store as she was walking on Beach rd. From conversation i quickly realized that in addition to being 21 yrs she was moonlighting. (3). Holiday hookers : these are girls like the one I met at Beergarden, BKK. She worked in a bank in Chiang Mai   but was taking a working vacation in Bangkok. I realize these examples do not fit in very well with your very limited experience /perceptions regarding the majority of  ladies in Thailand... And by the way most of the forum members here are long time residents and educated ( I have B.S. Biology, 24 semester units Chemistry) The sex tourist types you are conflating with this forums members  are found on the PA forum . 

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 2

Look what all round good shape these girls are in - no ands ifs or butts about it.  99% of the girls I  have interacted with were taken out of school by age 13 to work on the family farm. rice ,corn , sugar cane .

Thats why they have such nice upper arms/shoulders from farm work.

4 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

What about Russian girls? The genetics lottery certainly did them a favor! Don't think I've ever seen an ugly Russian girl here... They are all denim shorts, long legs, white skin, blonde hair.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's because their here plying their trade....

The older ones give a new definition to ugly....And loud as well....

What about Russian girls? The genetics lottery certainly did them a favor! Don't think I've ever seen an ugly Russian girl here... They are all denim shorts, long legs, white skin, blonde hair.

That's because their here plying their trade....
The older ones give a new definition to ugly....And loud as well....

I don't mean the ones on walking street or dodgy areas I don't go to... I mean just out and about in the malls and Tescos and big c... They don't look like working girls to me. There's a few that run on Pratumnak Hill, absolutely stunning, the only reason I run there lol

• Like 1

'... I ... have never met a Thai man that prefers foreign women over Thai ladies. Correct me if I’m wrong.' You're presumably not wrong, in that you've never met one. But they are around.

'Why does the annual Miss Universe pageant turn into “who can beat Miss Thailand”?' Does it? That, no doubt, would refer to the Miss Universe Thailand. Thai women have won the international just twice in 50 years; though that means little, both because it's subject to the opinions of just a few judges, unbiased, or not, and while all beauty pageants refer to the most beautiful women in the world, that, of course, is nonsense, given most women never enter.

And, yes, I have a Thai wife.