Possible Venues For Tv Piss-ups!

britmaveric

How far is Ban Chang from central Patters, Mobi? :D

Dolphin circle to Sinthavee Park 23 in minutes....achieved in 2004 around midnight on a Hyundai Excel...don't try that at home, kids... :D

Used to live in BC before, always to the g/f with me to the Wherehouse. McAllister's has also great food, and yes, there are some places that are better visited without he wifes...I think "another forum" is organizing trips, a friend of a friend told me.... :o

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not all hop on to a baht bus and head on over to Ban Chang for a fun and cheap night out!!

It would also save me the efort of getting to Pattaya.

:D

ps can you make it easter week as im in the UK till then.

Yours hopefully

Banchang

What an incredible coincidence!

I was just about to make the same suggestion.

Myself and another TV member (who shall remain anonymous unless he chooses to volunteer his name), did a small of reccy of Bang Chang this afternoon and came to the conclusion that it would prove an excellent venue for an out of town TV Pissup.

Parking? - No problem

Food? - The offshore is a classy pub, with good cheap food.

Non smokers? - plenty of tables outside each of the bars.

Wives? - tuck them away to natter in the Offshore.

The rest of us? - there's enough bars there to have one for each attendee, and if you feel sleepy, plenty of comfortable beds on the second floor.

Who's for it? :o:D

excellent idea!!! i have been doing 'recon' to Ban Chang once/month and it's a nice day out. i nominate Mobi to initiate that and since i will be leaving for work this weekend, i look forward to the trip report. don't forget to pop in and say hello to Martin at the Where House (halfway betwixt Camel & Offshore). He used to own/operate the Jenny Bar and Jenny Hotel here in Pattaya in a past life and moved to Ban Chang years ago. Cold beer, fine music and very soft furnishings (if you know what i mean and i think u do).

My thoughts on this subject is weekly recons are too much and will end up spoiling the good thing you guys have got going.Fortnightly or even every third week would be abt ideal to keep the interest level up.

although work and relocation has precluded my catching a tv pissup, i would second the suggestion to hold them every 2nd or 3rd week or it will grow old very fast. i mean how much can happen to the average old Pattaya hand in a week that can keep the conversation from flagging into gripes and moans about water, traffic, where's the Branston Pickle and those d**n baht buses? also gives time for more individual 'discovery' of those little hideaways and gems in the rough that still exist in this city... and within a 30 minute drive.

how about alternating the recons, as in one with wives then one without, as it is going to be a struggle to find a lot of suitable bars for wives even if you make the recons only every 2nd or 3rd week, my only point about bang chang is that i think maybe it would be better for an afternoon recon. (or start in the afternoon!!!)

BB

how about alternating the recons, as in one with wives then one without, as it is going to be a struggle to find a lot of suitable bars for wives even if you make the recons only every 2nd or 3rd week, my only point about bang chang is that i think maybe it would be better for an afternoon recon. (or start in the afternoon!!!)

BB

Good idea....for the next one, we can check out a great place I know in Siwlai

BB

Good idea....for the next one, we can check out a great place I know in Siwlai

and I am sure you will explain to Mrs. raro why her hubby has to go out alone.... :o

With the exceptions of the first and last bar on the strip, The Camel and the Offshore bar, Ban Chang is not really a place to take the wife............................I mean, would you take your wife to Soi 6 ?

Taken Gf to Queen Vic. :o Running the gauntlet is rather easy when you have gf in tow, don't really get hassled.

Well, I would have thought it was pretty obvious - but in retrospect, maybe not.

Any references I have personally made to places such as Soi 6, and more recently Bang Chang, have been made completely in jest. I was never seriously in suggesting that even semi- official reccies/ get togethers for future piss ups for Thai Visa members should be made in such places.

As far as I'm concerned, somewhere like the Caddy Shack would be very ideal, because, apart from other virtues, it is one of the few bars in Pattaya where there are no working girls are available on the premises for sexual services.

In fact - and no disrespect intended - but even Sunny's place surprised me as an official venue as it did boast a number of scantilly clad service girls.

IMO R4199246 is quite correct, and any officially sanctioned venue should respect the female members of the forum, and also members' wives & GF's.

Having said all that......

I see nothing wrong with individual members using the auspices of the Thai Visa, to arrange completely unofficial get togethers with other members , at more racier venues - and such events would be open to all - male & female members and wives, should they wish to go.

The important thing is, that such gatherings would be personal arrangements, and nothing to do 'wiv der management'.

I suggest these sort of meet ups should be arranged on a separate thread.

Fair enough :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

BB

spot on BB! we usually depart Pattaya around 2pm and after beer and skittles in ban chang, we are usually home by 7pm.

Please remember gentlemen B C is the golfing center of the known world, Many a group of revelers has stumbled down the BC strip after promising there better half the are just playind a round!!

It does seem that some of the TV members are already frowned upon by their better halves when going out for a round of golf :o

I'm starting to get the picture now :D

Those that been to Bang Chang - how does it compare with Soi 6? (couldnt be any worse could it???) :o

much more laid back than soi 6 and less 'in your face'. most bars have tables and chairs on a front deck that leave the sidewalk completely uncluttered. since the bars are only on one side of the street (for now), there is less risk of neck injury when window shopping than on soi 6. some stars among the distaff interest, some pearls in the rough and some rough ones too. no katoeys (for now).

watch the bait and switch where the sweet young thing entices you inside, courteously falling behind you as you pass through the door. once you are seated at the bar, her older sister slips onto the bar stool beside you while your sweetheart sits outside, setting another hook.

Those that been to Bang Chang - how does it compare with Soi 6? (couldnt be any worse could it???) :D

watch the bait and switch where the sweet young thing entices you inside, courteously falling behind you as you pass through the door. once you are seated at the bar, her older sister slips onto the bar stool beside you while your sweetheart sits outside, setting another hook.

Ahahaha, sounds like one from personal experience that one .. do tell :o

The next pissup recon is scheduled

Tomorrow Night at the Elephant Bar

7pm Friday night.....9, February

All TV members are cordially invited to meet and greet fellow members, to evaluate the facilities and to post their observations to the TV management for future pissup consideration. See attached map for location.

post-13660-1170913148_thumb.jpg

if you are coming from Jomtien, take the left as if you were going to the royal cliff, after you've turned left its about 2k's on your left to Soi 4 (there is a sign for cabbages and condoms restaurant), turn down soi 4, its a big straight road and before you get to the end , the Elephant bar is about 100m from the end of the road on your right.

Always enjoyed a bus trip in my younger day.

Beers and a good sing song there and back no need to worry about drink driving, bliss.

Perhaps one day a bus load of lads etal could venture a bit further out and have at it ?

That's a great idea and a good point for discussion this Friday.

Thanks for the input...hope to see you at the pissup recon.

Those that been to Bang Chang - how does it compare with Soi 6? (couldnt be any worse could it???) :D

much more laid back than soi 6 and less 'in your face'. most bars have tables and chairs on a front deck that leave the sidewalk completely uncluttered. since the bars are only on one side of the street (for now), there is less risk of neck injury when window shopping than on soi 6. some stars among the distaff interest, some pearls in the rough and some rough ones too. no katoeys (for now).

Alright I get the picture, nuff said. :o

Always enjoyed a bus trip in my younger day.

Beers and a good sing song there and back no need to worry about drink driving, bliss.

Perhaps one day a bus load of lads etal could venture a bit further out and have at it ?

That's a great idea and a good point for discussion this Friday.

Thanks for the input...hope to see you at the pissup recon.

Sadly stuck in HK dreaming of the lovely Pong.

Will keep monitoring the thread, in the hope of being in town on the right day to join in for a beer.

Good luck and keep up the great work.