I want to buy a good mattress.

Bay Ridge

If your defintion of a good matress includes rock hard then you'll be spoiled for choice.

If you want something softer, options are more limited. You can buy latex mattresses online (company called Patex is especially good value) or you can spring for memory foam (Tempurpedic, Lady Americana) which are expensive.

Home Pro carries both the various brands of hard mattresses and Lafy Americana.

• Like 2

I'm living near Udom Suk BTS.   I know these mattresses can be expensive, especially at malls, but I'm willing to spend a bit for a good one. Still not willing to spend mall prices. I saw some crazy priced ones in Central Bangna. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bay Ridge said:

Is Slumberland,  Dunlopillo, Sealy, Serta...etc.

Are there any suggestions

Best for my bad back is the simple/very reasonably priced Thai made coconut coir filled bed.
Heavy and tough as nails!

I can have the worst sleep on these (as-is)  BUT the the trick to add a good latex topper and sleep heavenly :)

Actually, I bought one in Australia and you'd laugh at what I paid.

Edit: BTW Latex beds can be hot to sleep on. We had a full latex before (the coconut coir) and it was HOT. The difference is you do not sink into these harder beds with a latex topper on top. Have better support and good thing is they are cheap in Thailand.

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

"Coventry is soft touches that will make you have time of rest that fulfilled with joy. "

Quoted from the dunlopillo web site about the Coventry mattress.  Why don't they ever get a decent proof reader?  Face?  They lose more face when people read this corruption of English then laugh at them.

I bought a european firm mattress from Homepro some years back...it was expensive (20k+ including fancy bedstead) but a good investment...the cheap locally produced mattresses aren't worth a shit...maybe because falangs weigh 2x more than the locals...

recently been spendin' a lot of time in bed 'cause of a broken leg and the investment has paid fer itself in comfort many times over...I'll probably die on that mattress...

• Like 1

I also got a very sturdy rattan sofa downstairs that came with upholstered foam cushions, already about 13 y.o....very comfortable fer an afternoon nap...when the kids come down to play sometimes I note that there's no associated noise and then find them peacefully asleep on the cushions...the cushions have the same effect on the older teenaged nieces with a pleasing resulting aspect...

the step daughter eyes me so as to say: 'ye ain't gonna trick me with them cushions, tutsi...' and she reclines on the polished tile floor...

• Like 1

ye havta lie on the mother to check the quality...that's why a showroom arrangement like at homepro is commendable...

once I hit that showroom mattress I knew what I was lookin' at...it was perfect...

ye spend half of yer life asleep so best to get the proper equipment...

when I was younger and on the road I could sleep comfortably inna ditch with my army jacket...things change when ye get older...

If you live in Bangkok , why don't you buy one at IKEA?   You'll get a very comfortable matress from 10000 baht. Half price compared with others if you compare the quality . 

You can get a pocket sprung mattress from 7990 . 
http://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/24828/
__0190904_PE344628_S4.JPG

I looked at Ikea but all their mattress can be carried or deliverd as they are rolled up! I struggled understanding how a mattress of any quality can be rolled up.

29 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

I looked at Ikea but all their mattress can be carried or deliverd as they are rolled up! I struggled understanding how a mattress of any quality can be rolled up.

Mine was delivered and it was not rolled up . It's a big one king size, after 4 years still excellent quality . The most comfy mattress that I owned. I suggest you take a trip out there and try them . 

Edited by balo

Mine was delivered and it was not rolled up . It's a big one king size, after 4 years still excellent quality . The most comfy mattress that I owned. I suggest you take a trip out there and try them . 

I looked on their website and all of them showed a pic of the mattress flat and rolled, that put me off but I will go out there and have a look

Home Pros have amazingly good discounts for expensive stuff they can't get rid of. Might depend on your location though. I'm at Pattaya. 30-40 K Sealy for 12-15K is possible. A good quality mattress is a smart investment for longterm. 

Their are many good mattresses. Homepro has atter od selection and it is best if you can catch a sale. I bought a top of the line Sealy 11 years ago and it is one of the best investments I have made in Thailand. Nothing like a good mattress for a good sleep.

6 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

Their are many good mattresses. Homepro has atter od selection and it is best if you can catch a sale. I bought a top of the line Sealy 11 years ago and it is one of the best investments I have made in Thailand. Nothing like a good mattress for a good sleep.

Agree. Homepro has a good selection. Just remember that some brands are imported and thus much more expensive than a similar quality locally manufactured mattress. Most brands have a brand sales rep on the floor in HomePro, whom you can negotiate with. 

I bought a top of the range Lotus mattress 5 years ago, and had it custom made to be a foot longer and wider than a king size. Had to get it into the bedroom via the balcony though, as it wouldn't fit through the staircase.