French couple cycle into Kingdom and saviour Thai massage course

webfact

French couple cycle into Kingdom and saviour Thai massage course
By Kavintra Chisue
The Nation

1b3d41bb68744ac3d5b72f24a9d59f36-sld.jpe

KHON KAEN: -- A young couple who left their jobs in France to cycling around Asia have stopped in Khon Kaen province to learn about traditional Thai massage.

Having travelled across China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, the two tourists are in Thailand for the first time. 

"We are interested in Thai massage and herbs. So before we visited Thailand, we did some research on the Internet and found that Khon Kaen has a short course to teach foreigners how to do Thai traditional massage," said Claire Sandrine, a graphic designer. 

"We didn't think that Khon Kaen would be a big city," she added.

Sandrine said Khon Kaen was relatively quiet and its hospitality very impressive. 

"Thai people smile easily. So everywhere we go we see people smiling at us," she said, adding that her and her partner, identified only as Athens, were impressed by the northeast’s lifestyle and the region’s big family structure.

The couple took the short course on Thai traditional massage at the International Healthy Massage Club at KK Centrum Hotel in Muang district. 

The hotel’s owner, Thanawan Panthes, a Khon Kaen Industrial Council member, said the course required students to learn the human anatomy and muscle systems to provide therapeutic benefits. 

Thanawan said the lifestyle in Khon Kaen was based on a healthy balance between urbanised modernity and rural way of life, with people still weaving cloths and traditonal handicrafts. 

Most tourists to the Northeast are from Europe and some parts of Asia. Many visitors also don't just come to visit attractions but also learn interesting skills such as how to make Thai traditional handicrafts or how to cook authentic Northeasten-style dishes," she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310538

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-28

56 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

if anyone who is taking lessons wish to have a live specimen to practice their massage on, I am available. 

Leave me a PM. no trolls pls... 

Tight Arse

Round-the-world touring cyclists are quite common in Thailand.  There is a website called warm showers.org that allows cyclists to find places to stay around the world.  Anyone interested in meeting some adventurous people and helping by providing a place to camp or a room should check the site.  I have hosted more than 60 in several years and it has become more and more popular.  Last November, 11 came in one week and so far this month, 5 with 2 more arriving tomorrow.

I had no contact with the Chilean cyclist that was killed however, about a year before another couple that were on the way to stay with me were also killed.(Peter Root and Mary Thompson).  Another from China was hit by a truck and suffered a very badly fractured leg only 20 minutes after assembling his bike at Suvarnabhumi.   I always warn cyclists I host and often recommend they use the train while inside Thailand as much as possible for a safer option.  Most are already aware of the risks...

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

A French couple, Claire, odd name for a man. Anyway, goodluck to the happy couple. May he and him have a lovely time in Thailand.

1490697650661.jpg

Claire Chennault might disagree with you.

:)

claire_chennault_artworkoriginals-com.jp

45 minutes ago, akaika said:

Round-the-world touring cyclists are quite common in Thailand.  There is a website called warm showers.org that allows cyclists to find places to stay around the world.  Anyone interested in meeting some adventurous people and helping by providing a place to camp or a room should check the site.  I have hosted more than 60 in several years and it has become more and more popular.  Last November, 11 came in one week and so far this month, 5 with 2 more arriving tomorrow.

I had no contact with the Chilean cyclist that was killed however, about a year before another couple that were on the way to stay with me were also killed.(Peter Root and Mary Thompson).  Another from China was hit by a truck and suffered a very badly fractured leg only 20 minutes after assembling his bike at Suvarnabhumi.   I always warn cyclists I host and often recommend they use the train while inside Thailand as much as possible for a safer option.  Most are already aware of the risks...

Use the trains, why? Should Thailand's many thousands of sport cyclists get on trains? Where many tourers go wrong, is that they use the main highway. I'll bet that's how these two got to Khon Kaen, straight down highway 2. Absolute madness. I see western people cycle touring in the Mekong area every day, they stick to the small roads and are having a great time.

Once i enquired, one of my masseuse told me she charges 5000 Baht for 25 hours course. I told her, if i spent that much time with her, i have to marry her. :passifier:

With my experience, you learn from the one who do good massage, and you feel better each time. Identifying such person, and availability is rarely happens.

More than a good massage, the human touch, and way they handle a person in kindness makes the relaxation. Some girls do like robots, though they do good massage the relax feeling may not be there, i never liked.

Like every profession, there are masters in this. Mostly young girls, too hurry to back their smart phones, most relaxing masseuse are sadly old ones, or the ones who don't look good.

It took years for me to understand. I am not sure a simple bicycle trip can help to find a good teacher.

18 hours ago, SkyNets said:

Careful, the last couple that came here to cycle through were ran over by a lorry.

2 couples actually. The first pair both died in Chachoengsao, the second time I think only the husband was killed.

Wiske them luck.

20 hours ago, clockman said:

Yes the last time a round the world cyclist came here. He also had his funeral here.

The couple that died came from Guernsey and were on their way home having travelled most of their way around the world.