Two foreigners arrested for working as photographers in Phuket

webfact

Two non-Thai photographers arrested in Phuket
By The Nation

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested a Chinese man and a stateless hill-tribe man for allegedly working as photographers for hire for foreign tourists wanting to arrange pre-wedding photos.

Tourist Police and Immigration Police joined forces to make the arrests at the Chaitharam Temple in tambon Chalong in Mueang district and on Tin Road in tambon Talad Yai in Mueang district, which are popular destinations for pre-wedding photos.

The arrests were made following complaints of local photographers.

Li Ming Xing, 25, was arrested at the temple while Avoy Chathor, 22, a resident of Chiang Rai’s Mae Suay district, was arrested at Tin Road. Avoy is the stateless person.

They were charged with working in a profession reserved for Thais. 

Xing told police he was hired by a company in China to take pre-wedding photos for Chinese tourists and Avoy worked as his assistant.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310748

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-30

2 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

They ought to go scouting at the Indian weddings in Thailand. There is not a single Thai employed to take wedding photographs at an Indian wedding. It's just not done.

Maybe this has something to do with the absolute wrong exposure of Thai snap-shots with colorless faces, clothes etc. Would not call the wedding momentos I have seen photography.

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Don't hear this one too often. Chinese for Chinese. We come Thailand but not give you money. We Chinese. We superior to evelyblody.:post-4641-1156693976:

There has been quite a number of these Chinese wedding photographers arrested here in the last couple of years. The "wedding in Phuket" seems to be popular with some from that country. They use their own photographers.

I was parked in Rawai once taking a few shots of the longtails when I found myself surrounded by one of these wedding parties. Apparently I was in the optimal place for their wedding pics so they moved in. I left.