Okay for Red Bull "Boss' not to appear, prosecutors say

webfact

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Kill a cop in any other country and you would really see some unfair treatment

This whole saga just shows that evern the government has no respect for the Thai Royal Police or concern over what happens to them

Feed monkeys peanuts and what do you get ?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I say? 

Good for him. I'm serious. Where is the benefit to the larger issue with dude in jail?

Pay the family off. I can't exactly recall what the family of the dead cop got, but $100,000 springs to mind. That's not enough. For the Red Bull gang, one million at least. That's retired right now for life cash in Thailand. 

The question which remains is, if the family got that kinda cash, what would happen and how quickly would it happen?

What's left is, Red Bull punk keeps partying and his life basically remains the same and the family is potentially set forever...if they're smart. Either way dude's still gone. 

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Would you trust Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn? These guys (all of them) are World Class at weaving layer upon layer of disinformation and confusion, so know one knows whose coming or going, whose job is what, whose slow at this. Just a great big tangle that know one wants to try and unwind, and not possible to pin the blame on anyone.

It is about the formal legal procedure here. The prosecution is responsible for the time delays, the granting of deadlines and the acceptance of such stupid excuses like: "i have a flu, i am busy, have no time and it is all unfair."

This delay game has been running for 5 years with the consent of the prosecutor's office.

2 minutes ago, Cereal said:

You know what I say? 

Good for him. I'm serious. Where is the benefit to the larger issue with dude in jail?

Pay the family off. I can't exactly recall what the family of the dead cop got, but $100,000 springs to mind. That's not enough. For the Red Bull gang, one million at least. That's retired right now for life cash in Thailand. 

The question which remains is, if the family got that kinda cash, what would happen and how quickly would it happen?

What's left is, Red Bull punk keeps partying and his life basically remains the same and the family is potentially set forever...if they're smart. Either way dude's still gone. 

You're obviously missing the main point here, there should not be a double standard, justice should be equal to everyone and not dependent on race or wealth. What if that was you brother or your father that was killed, would you still be saying 'good for him'? I'm not sure if someone can be this ignorant and moronic, or maybe you're just trolling; I hope so 

Just now, CarlBkk said:

Interesting that Miss Porpeer seems to be a family friend and attended the Red Bull race with the guy and others in 2014.  She works in/is a franchisee of MCM brand just opened in Central Embassy.  You would think these pure educated friends would distance themselves from "bad" people and the families that support them to evade justice wouldn't you.

No I wouldn`t. They are just flexing their might to show they`re above the law and besides that there are too many business interests involved. Go against the grain and they could find themselves out in the cold. As for the UK and other countries this jerk has visited, unless there are extradition orders requested from Thailand then those countries have no reasons to ban him from entering.

No problem, this guy knows he is home and dry and all he has to do is sit tight while the brown envelopes secure his freedom. Three types of justice in Thailand. The poor will simply to sent to prison to rot, the rich can buy themselves out and the rich that threaten to make scandals against those more powerful then themselves will conveniently disappear and be sent to prison for all eternity.  But for the average Joe who falls victim of criminal or negligent acts, there is no justice at all. Just hope that none of us becomes victim in Thailand like the tragic policeman.

He said if he does not show up again on April 27 to hear charges, the OAG might consider to issue arrest warrant for him.

He said that the OAG did not neglect the case but it was delayed because the suspect filed complaint to the  Commission for Law, Police and Justice of the National Legislative Assembly seeking for justice after the police and the prosecutors have conflict on speeding charge against him.

Is this a bannan a republic or a court run by the Romans 2000 years ago? I feel sick. Ok Arrest the moron Attorney General for incompetence and clearly accepting bribes. That would make more sense.

PS What happened to Artice 44?  I respected the General/Prime Minister but unless he acts decisevilly on this matter . All respect gone,

4 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

He said if he does not show up again on April 27 to hear charges, the OAG might consider to issue arrest warrant for him.

He said that the OAG did not neglect the case but it was delayed because the suspect filed complaint to the  Commission for Law, Police and Justice of the National Legislative Assembly seeking for justice after the police and the prosecutors have conflict on speeding charge against him.

Is this a bannan a republic or a court run by the Romans 2000 years ago? I feel sick. Ok Arrest the moron Attorney General for incompetence and clearly accepting bribes. That would make more sense.

PS What happened to Artice 44?  I respected the General/Prime Minister but unless he acts decisevilly on this matter . All respect gone,

Lol, did you sleep the last years or so? How could you have any respect remaining for this George W Bush wannabe. 

1 hour ago, sz1a said:

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Not suprised, but still disgusted. It's like sitting in a minivan with a bunch of kids eating candy, you're not surprised when they start barfing, but it still makes you sick.

I'd love to be able to say this is a surprise. Sadly, no one should be in the least surprised.

But perhaps the media could try coming up with a nickname that does actually suit this little turd. Boss most certainly does not, even if he and his nearest and dearest thing it does. 

4 hours ago, petermik said:

If this ever happened in the UK questions would be raised directly with the PM in front of a packed parliament,I wonder if this might happen here and lets see what the PM has to say on the matter............but then TIT,pathetic absolutely pathetic :sleep:

Yes, just like they did when investigating Jimmy Savile?

Questions were only asked after he died.

I am surethere is not anybody left behind with bribes from the Office of the Attorney-General and all the officials involved in that and it is a shame for this country

but yes it's business as usual and nobody cares much about it beside the "foreigners" and foreign institutes as the thai people not care because it is and was their daily way of living in this country....

Lucky i am not thai as yes: i would loose face for sure!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good job, prosecutors! It's okay because he has money. 

Nothing is changing in Thailand. Well, the economy is tanking and things are becoming more expensive. Meet the new boss - the same as the old one. 

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour in a Buddhist nation. Shame. 

Remember the case of the former MP and former Policeman involved in the suspicious death of the billionaire, the alleged fraudulent transfer of millions of shares and involvement of two "pretties", one of whom he claimed never to have met although it was later confirmed she was having his baby? Remember how even car company experts were brought in to confirm the accident was somewhat strange, the stock market said the signatures were forged on the share transfer and the bereaved family vowed to fight for justice?

Well that case seemed to stall when the local prosecutor announced he wasn't pursuing it. No reason, no further comment since.

Well that guy was no where near as hiso, connected and important as this guy and his family. This will just be left to run the statute of limitations despite the occasional rake up by overseas press.

This is the day after I read a woman in the government got fifty years and her daughter 44 years for bribing an entertainment outfit.  So a little corruption gets you fifty years, but murdering someone, running from the scene of a crime and flaunting your nose at justice for five years gets you a slap on the back and a hearty well done!

Time after time we read about automobile crimes that are so disgusting they defy belief.  Then, as if the crime isn't bad enough, the guilty avoid the law and you can almost hear them laughing as they do it.

How on earth do the police, the lawyers, the lawmakers, and those people who pretend to uphold the law in Thailand live with themselves?  Disgusting isn't nearly a strong enough word for their abysmal behavior.

'... a spokesman for the Office of the Attorney-General said his five-year refusal to appear is acceptable because he filed a complaint of unfair treatment.'

Let me get this right: on the basis of a dubious claim of unfair treatment, this little turd has been able to disregard ANY and all summonses for the last five years, and can continue to do so until the SoL kicks in? This notwithstanding that he hasn't so far been put in a position where he could reasonably make such a ludicrous claim. 

Something doesn't just smell in the OAG; it has an overwhelming stink to it.

But, hey, if that's a defence, I'll certainly bear it in mind. 

Edited by Jonmarleesco

The problem here is that everyone wants to be friends with the richest family in Thailand. 1 million baht for the Red Bull boss is like 100 baht for us. So he can basically bribe them all, judges, lawyers, P.M anyone.

This whole thing makes the word farce seem like an understatement.  They were counting on the short memory span of Thai people but luckily the new world of social internet can at least keep it alive and make the OAG and prosecutors look like what they are, corrupt and imcompetent morons.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Red Bull heir “Boss” to face arrest warrant if he misses next summons April 27

I think the above remark I have heard 5 or 6 times in the past 5 years, but I've heard the below remark as many times as well.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Indictment decision postponed after Red Bull heir fails to show

He will drag feet until September 4th, 2017 when the whole thing will expire and he cannot be faced to the bench anymore. 

If I would be him I would hire the best possible bodyguards there are. His young age of 31 years might be an extra incentive for an accident or similar mishap.

Are the courts of Thailand aware that this is the 21st century with social media and social networks? This story is THE milestone in seeing if and how the legal system is executed in Thailand; foreign investment depends on such rulings as well ............

All the while Russian tourists are locked up for feeding fish in open seawater and let go eventually after a fine - the story made top head lines all over Russia; the second biggest tourism market of quality tourists in the land of no-common-sense ;-) 

Estimated family fortune of 22 billion dollars.  Can't mess with that.  Still the payment to the family of the deceased considering the family fortune can't be believed.  Can't even work out what fraction of a single percentage that is but it's small.  The interest even at a really basic rate would be more than a million dollars a day.