Free Coke for foreigners using Bualuang ATM

webfact

Free Coke for foreigners using Bualuang ATM
By The Nation

c0f93688bebf17a5b8375862f0a71952.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Bank and FamilyMart launches a campaign for international travellers to get a free can of Coke when withdraw cash at any Bualuang ATM.

Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President Prassanee Ouiyamaphan (2nd from left) and Senior Vice President Arj-harn Petchdee (left) in collaboration with Central FamilyMart Co., Ltd Vice President Akarin Phureesitr (2nd from right) launched a campaign to provide special privilege for customers holding Visa, MasterCard, JCB, UnionPay, AMEX, Diners Club, EXK, DISCOVER and MEPS debit and credit card issuing overseas when make a cash withdrawal at 9,400 Bualuang ATMs nationwide.

Customers can bring a promotion slip receiving after making cash withdrawal to redeem a free can of 325 cc Coke at 1,150 FamilyMart stores nationwide (1 slip/transaction and limited to 20,000 cans/month) from now to 31 May 2017. For more information, please contact Bualuang Phone 1333.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/30311588

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-07

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Customers can bring a promotion slip receiving after making cash withdrawal to redeem a free can of 325 cc Coke at 1,150 FamilyMart stores nationwide (1 slip/transaction and limited to 20,000 cans/month

What?

Each?

Yeah, this nonsense I had once or twice with the yellow ones. It quotes somewhat like "Do you want a free Idunnowhat voucher" if optet for yes the response was "Sorry, not available right now" what a load of shit. I don't expect the BB-Atm's to act any different.

As I got my local card now, I won't get it anyway I guess. So better walk into the next Tesco express, as we do not have a Family Market in town, and buy 8 1,5L bottles of coke with the ATM fees saved. :partytime2:

14 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

Sounds like a good deal: Pay 220 baht in fees, and get a can of toilet-cleaning sugary drink to devastate your body.

Nothing wrong with an ice cold coke in this heat. Better than 5 bottles of Chang beer down ur gut. ?

25 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Nothing wrong with an ice cold coke in this heat. Better than 5 bottles of Chang beer down ur gut. ?

and each can of coke comes with 55 milligrams of salt...

also good for hot weather!

Edited by maewang99

I was issued one by the BBL ATM about 10 days ago when withdrawing cash from my Thai Baht account using a BKK Visa debit Card,

The print on the 'voucher' says, in English, 'Show a slip to get a free can of Coke.....'

What slip?

On top of the 'voucher' is a lateral dotted line with the legend 'Cut here to get your privilege'....????

This came from a new ATM with a laser printer so the text is legible and durable but from the thermal printed older ATM it will fade in a week so cash in your vouchers quick!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok Bank Executive Vice President Prassanee Ouiyamaphan (2nd from left) and Senior Vice President Arj-harn Petchdee (left) in collaboration with Central FamilyMart Co., Ltd Vice President Akarin Phureesitr (2nd from right)...

... and FamilyMart Junior Executive Coke Holder Somchai (right)...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

... launched a campaign...

A 12-ounce can of regular Coke contains 39 grams of total sugar, which is about 9 1/3 teaspoons of sugar. If you're reading the ingredients list though, you won't see sugar clearly listed. Coke in the United States is made with high fructose corn syrup as a lower-cost sugar alternative

Limited to 20,000 cans per month, is that per customer? or first 20,000 to claim? if so get your money out early on the first of the month and run like hell to the nearest Family Mart, as there are over 1,150 FM Stores nationwide that means there will be less than 18 cans per store...

5 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

I drink water, coke is garbage, I never had one in years and I don't drink beer, so there you go.

Family mart got a bad batch of coke?

Do they need your transfer slip in exchange for a coke?

Mc donalds in my area were giving 10% discounts for using the post office next door. They requested to keep the reciepts and awb's in exchangefor the discount. Took one question from me to as to how the hell will i prove my deliveries if something goes missing or gets destroyed, etc. Next day the deal was off and all the new printed signs, etc were gone... How many idiots did it take to put this thing together and not one person had the common sense to realise how stupid it was. 

This looks like a similar deal. 

When will thais learn that not all farang are dimwitted.

Obviously the price increase in fees at the atm has slowed withdrawals? Certainly slowed mine dramatically. 220thb plus transfer rate losses and farang bank intl fees are beyond a joke. To take out 2000thb its costing me almost 1000thb in fees depending on the rates.

I can only withdraw at one time and now wait for better rates to limit the losses. Never done so in the past decades here. Its reallly stupid. Is there not one person here that has common sense.

Farang could be spending less now because the banks are the first to rob now as soon as you land.