Denied entry (TR) at Suvarnabhumi - no stamp - options?

2 minutes ago, BadCash said:

Great, I should have no problems at immigration for the next 5 years then, since I'm an out-of-towner visiting Thailand for pleasure!

Whatever floats your boat.

FWIW, for the best part of 10 years back in the 1980's, I was in and out of Thailand 4 or 5 times a year, usually on visa exempt entries but maybe a couple of TR's a year. Cars, bikes, houses, condo's, bank accounts and a wife (but we won't go there). But I never kidded myself that I was a tourist; I was just availing myself of the extremely relaxed attitude that prevailed. Back then there wasn't a huge amount of foreigners working legally let alone illegally. Thai schools hadn't gotten around to openly hiring foreigners either so I only ever knew on guy who was teaching legitimately and nobody illegally.

Sorry if these opportunities aren't available to people these days but that's progress I guess.

• Like 1

Great. I agree. Come for 60, or 90 days if extended and don't work.

But don't come back after a day trip to [insert regional country here] and then stay for another 60 days, or 90 days if extended.

Have you heard of a multi entry TOURIST visa? It allows up to 9 months. It doesn't specify you have to leave and do some sight seeing for a while visiting temples then come back.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you heard of a multi entry TOURIST visa? It allows up to 9 months. It doesn't specify you have to leave and do some sight seeing for a while visiting temples then come back.

See post #151 above. Notably "But I never kidded myself that I was a tourist;..."

Edited by NanLaew

What the tourist visa, respectively the application for it, specifies and what the foreigner accepts with his signature on the application form is that he will use the tourist visa for no purpose other than tourism in Thailand. It is then left to the immigration official at the point of entry whether or not to suspect that the foreigner intends to enter the country for purposes other than tourism and to deny him entry if he is unable to dispel this suspicion to the official's satisfaction.

The same applies analogously to a visa-exempt entry.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Great. I agree. Come for 60, or 90 days if extended and don't work.

But don't come back after a day trip to [insert regional country here] and then stay for another 60 days, or 90 days if extended.

Tourists also don't buy motorbikes, cars and condo's or have property leases, bank accounts and the like either.

Please cite the law or police-order regarding Tourist Visas which refers to a required  time out-of-country between visits, a prohibition on condo-investments and ownership of motos or cars, and/or disqualification of those with longer-term leases and/or bank-accounts. 

They actually could write all that into the law, if they wanted, though I cannot fathom how it would help the people of Thailand to do so.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Please cite the law or police-order regarding Tourist Visas which refers to a required  time out-of-country between visits, a prohibition on condo-investments and ownership of motos or cars, and/or disqualification of those with longer-term leases and/or bank-accounts. 

They actually could write all that into the law, if they wanted, though I cannot fathom how it would help the people of Thailand to do so.

Why the limit on Tourist visas at consulates and Embassies and then a need for a change of passport to hide your history? Not sure how you intend to proceed and are going to avoid this scenario with the 1st stage of the 'E Visa' system coming live any day soon? Your whole visa history won't be hidden anymore.
As for the melodramatic posts of helping the people of Thailand, theirs only one type of helping going down here and that's you helping yourself to relative cheap living in the sunshine like the majority of us are.

16 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Why the limit on Tourist visas at consulates and Embassies and then a need for a change of passport to hide your history? Not sure how you intend to proceed and are going to avoid this scenario with the 1st stage of the 'E Visa' system coming live any day soon? Your whole visa history won't be hidden anymore.

Nobody has ever said e-visas are going to replace getting a visa from an embassy or consulate. The two will be complementary as they are in other countries.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't see E-Visas working too well, Thais can barely cope with replying to emails

That remains to be scene. As its very much an automated system that links and relies on a Database, much like the automated US ESTA system, it should work pretty well with a straight forward 'Yes or No' and issues a reference number and a simple printout.
It's been a progress a good while and hasn't been rushed out so hopefully will prove to be a decent system.

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Nobody yet knows what 'Phase 1 or Phase 2 is. Sounds like your still in denial of being able to scam the system?

and you are sounding increasingly excited about the prospect of all these people you look down your nose upon being screwed by the new system that you have so cleverly avoided by being so 'elite'.

In terms of the points you have made that are actually germane to the topic, the repeated visas proscribed by the Thai authorities and the need for hypothetical people to try to scam 'the system' that you refer to come under quite separate spheres of influence.

• Like 1

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

Scam the system? You seem very angry about something. I've been on a work permit and non-b for most of my time in Thailand. I'm taking an extended until my next job starts, when I'll be on a work permit and non-b again. How is that scamming the system? There are all sorts of reason why someone might want to spend more than 6 months as a tourist here.

I am angry about nothing. Why should I be? If you want to spend more time here than the 60+30 day extension allows, get a proper visa that allows you to stay. Swapping passports for a new one to avoid the red denial stamps then add the circumventing airports because you know you pretty much going to be denied entry after God knows how many years isn't what Tourists do....Is it?
I don't particularly care what they do to be honest but don't post here assuming we have all just arrived after falling off of a Christmas Tree and attempt to convince us how legitimate it all is. Tourists? Illegal Immigrants is a more apt name.

Just now, Slip said:

and you are sounding increasingly excited about the prospect of all these people you look down your nose upon being screwed by the new system that you have so cleverly avoided by being so 'elite'.

In terms of the points you have made that are actually germane to the topic, the repeated visas proscribed by the Thai authorities and the need for hypothetical people to try to scam 'the system' that you refer to come under quite separate spheres of influence.

Ok. Buying fake air tickets, air tickets which are bought solely to leave the country in order to gain the visa but then torn up. Changing passports in order to avoid the red denial stamp and hide your previous visa history etc etc isn't a scam in order to live here illegally?
Change the Tune it's boring.

Now you're trying to make up rules that don't exist. If Thai consulates are happy to give me another tourist visa and immigration officers are happy to let me in, who are you to lecture?

Thai consulates are a totally different entity when they are issuing visas to a new passport that has been issued to someone hiding there previous history. Hopefully soon, they will be linked to the system in order to see the history.

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

Thai consulates are a totally different entity when they are issuing visas to a new passport that has been issued to someone hiding there previous history. Hopefully soon, they will be linked to the system in order to see the history.

You're changing the subject now. I've never tried to hide my history behind a new passport but you still accused me of scamming the system. You clearly look down your nose on everyone who isn't "elite" like you.

Just now, Slip said:

As far as I know neither of the examples you give are actually illegal. From one person with a 15 year valid visa to another- Get off your high horse. 

I am on no high horse other than bored of the 'Same old same old' attempts on here of people making something acceptable which it clearly isn't and is finally coming to light.

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Cut the Paranoia it isn't good for you. 

It's not paranoia, I was just quoting your reply to me:

Sounds like your still in denial of being able to scam the system?

If anything it's you who is paranoid about all these nasty farangs trying to 'scam the system'. Just relax and let other people sort out their immigration issues.

I am on no high horse other than bored of the 'Same old same old' attempts on here of people making something acceptable which it clearly isn't and is finally coming to light.

It quite clearly isn't acceptable to you, but that is probably because of sitting on that tall equine in your ivory tower.  I don't really blame you.  If I had paid a stupid amount of money I would want to feel all elite too.  Happily for me I didn't have to, so I am quite content that people who obey the law and visit the kingdom are able to do so.  I can tell you disagree, but as you say, it's finally coming to light.  Of course regulations will have to be changed or they will keep on handing out visas to these pesky plebs for ever.

It's not paranoia, I was just quoting your reply to me:

If anything it's you who is paranoid about all these nasty farangs trying to 'scam the system'. Just relax and let other people sort out their immigration issues.

I've an idea but may not work. Why not all arrange a Demo with Banners 'Justice for Tourists Living in Thailand' and march on immigration.
That may do it.

I've an idea but may not work. Why not all arrange a Demo with Banners 'Justice for Tourists Living in Thailand' and march on immigration.
That may do it.

Is it really causing you so much distress that you have nothing better to do on a Sunday night than reply to every comment in this thread? Couldn't someone as 'elite' as you just live and let live?

Just now, Slip said:

It quite clearly isn't acceptable to you, but that is probably because of sitting on that tall equine in your ivory tower.  I don't really blame you.  If I had paid a stupid amount of money I would want to feel all elite too.  Happily for me I didn't have to, so I am quite content that people who obey the law and visit the kingdom are able to do so.  I can tell you disagree, but as you say, it's finally coming to light.  Of course regulations will have to be changed or they will keep on handing out visas to these pesky plebs for ever.

Your actually quite funny that you consider me Elite. As for the stupid amount I quite agree but as it's merely a digit compared to my total spend on property, cars and general living,then I don't even miss it. Then again, the real stupid amount was the 4.8 mil for the car. You see, it's relevant really.

Your actually quite funny that you consider me Elite. As for the stupid amount I quite agree but as it's merely a digit compared to my total spend on property, cars and general living,then I don't even miss it. Then again, the real stupid amount was the 4.8 mil for the car. You see, it's relevant really.

Good for you.  This is why you are so elite.  Shame you can't spell or use English quite properly, but none of us are perfect.  Enjoy your tower, and let's hope they never bring in a native language test.  Meanwhile why don't you cut some slack for your fellow man, even if only just here on Thai visa?

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Is it really causing you so much distress that you have nothing better to do on a Sunday night than reply to every comment in this thread? Couldn't someone as 'elite' as you just live and let live?

Sometimes a little reality needs to be brought in to the equation rather than you all patting each other on the back and attempting to convince all and sundry how hard done by you all are and how it's all perfectly legal. Rather than keep condemning those nasty men and women at Immigration for doing there job, it might be easier for people to actually get legal or get out.

Sometimes a little reality needs to be brought in to the equation rather than you all patting each other on the back and attempting to convince all and sundry how hard done by you all are and how it's all perfectly legal. Rather than keep condemning those nasty men and women at Immigration for doing there job, it might be easier for people to actually get legal or get out.

But your only achievement in this thread is not to 'bring reality into the equation' but to bring ridicule on yourself. I'm sure the immigration officers can do their own job without some 'elite' warrior on thaivisa heroically coming to their defence.

Just now, Slip said:

Good for you.  This is why you are so elite.  Shame you can't spell or use English quite properly, but none of us are perfect.  Enjoy your tower, and let's hope they never bring in a native language test.  Meanwhile why don't you cut some slack for your fellow man, even if only just here on Thai visa?

Yup. Bring the old spelling into it. That's how it normally go's when you've lost the argument. Lets just say that if you saw my bank accounts you would swap places with me 'Mr Perfect'.