Thaksin’s daughter posts video of Songkran blessing

Thaksin’s daughter posts video of Songkran blessing

1.jpeg

The youngest daughter of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has posted a short video clip on Instagram showing herself sprinkling water on her father for a blessing – a traditional Songkran celebration.

In the 27-second video posted on Instagram @ingshin21 on Thursday, Paetongtarn “Ing” Shinawatra sprinkles water on her father’s hands, saying: “I wish you health. Wherever you are, you’ll always have me. Don’t be afraid. I wish you happiness every day. And I’m with you.”

She hands Thaksin a garland, which he takes and then kisses his daughter on the cheek. After that, he hands her a small square-shaped souvenir, possibly a Buddha image.

There are a few other unidentified Thai people present in the scene wearing black and white flower shirts, typical during the Songkran festival.

The caption of the video is: “Happy Thai New Year to all the Thai people.” 

It is not known where the video was taken.

Hundreds of Thais both on Instagram and Facebook where the video was shared expressed support and gave blessings for the Shinawatras, especially Thaksin, who has been radically affected by the political conflict in the past decade.

He fled Thailand in 2008 before he and his wife Pojaman Na Pombejra were due to face corruption charges in court over a dubious land purchase. His wife and his three children still live in Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312278

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-14

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Sonkgran T.

Go home and face the music, why are you running away? Your family misses you.

What's a corruption charge or three when you have a gazillion squirreled away cheating folks?

Edited by Minnie the Minx

8 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Happy Sonkgran T.

What's a corruption charge or three when you have a gazillion squirreled away cheating folks?

Indeed, although I can very well understand why he isn't going home when the music he will be facing is composed by people who have squirreled away their own fortunes.

2 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

What kind of person deserts his family and hides out all over the world to avoid corruption charges?

It's nice to see that he still has a connection with his children though.

One who fully understands how disfunctional and corrupt the Thai justice system is?

You'd think Instagram and Facebook people would have the IP of that post. Even with a VPN they should be able to find the source location.

Have money anything is doable. Really cheeky this. 

Here I am, with my daughter but can't touch me. Lolness. 

Edited by Minnie the Minx

6 hours ago, Reigntax said:

One who fully understands how disfunctional and corrupt the Thai justice system is?

Thaksin fully understands the flaws of the justice system because he himself took advantage of them in the past (see assets concealment case for starters).

He was happy to abide by Thai justice when he could control it and influence it in his favour, now that he can't, he isn't. That's what's called, wanting to have your pastry box and eat it.

14 hours ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Happy Sonkgran T.

Says you

48 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

As much as I don't approve of much he did, the exchange rate was rather more appealing!

That was because of the guys before him, he did shut the bars down after 12 pm which gave us those got awful sidewalk bars