1932 coup foundation seal mysteriously changed

rooster59

1932 coup foundation seal mysteriously changed

IMG_0650.jpg

A historical foundation seal marking the June 24, 1932 coup by the so-called Promoters which eventually transformed then Siam from Absolute Monarchy to Constitutional Monarchy has mysteriously gone missing and replaced by a new seal.

Mr Banlue Sooksai, Dusit district chief officer, said Friday that his office was aware of the change of the foundation seal but didn’t know which agency ordered or made the change. He added that he would make a public statement when more information was received about the matter.

Fine Arts Department director-general Anant Chuchote said he didn’t know either who ordered the change of the seal as well as the wordings on the seal. He, however, added that the area in which the seal was embedded – which is the Royal Plaza – is beyond the jurisdiction of his department.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/1932-coup-foundation-seal-mysteriously-changed/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-15

8 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

No respect for history.  What would you expect to happen in a country run by the military. 

Always found the military have a great respect for history. 

As long as it's the correct version of history that is... 

The old wordings read: “At this location on June 24, 1932, the Promoters granted a constitution for the prosperity of the nation.”

The new wordings read: “The respect in the Triple Gems, in the State, in the family, the honesty in the King are tools to make the State prosper.” “Let Siam forever prosper, people happy to become the force of the land.”

Tomorrow there will be another seal: "The five rivers, the three submarines and the one article 44 are the cherished tools that will let some Thais prosper, for it is better to have a few happy people than none."

28 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Mr Orwell wrote something like "Those who control the present control the past. Those who control the past control the future."

Mr Orwell also stated
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

No respect for history.  What would you expect to happen in a country run by the military. 

Your idea then, is that respect for history is abundant in countries run by "elected" politico's?

Think again!

Let's be clear, this is more of the same from this Junta and the families who control it.

An unrelenting drive to maintain their ancient privileges and a total disregard for the peasantry.

One only has to read the history of Thailand to understand their mind set and see why they will never yield to a democratic system of government.

Sakdina continues to live and flourish in the luxury estates of the mega rich and powerful.

" The old wordings read: “At this location on June 24, 1932, the Promoters granted a constitution for the prosperity of the nation.” "

One can see why, after 20 constitutions, the old seal seemed ridiculous. 

" The new wordings read: “The respect in the Triple Gems, in the State, in the family, the honesty in the King are tools to make the State prosper.” “Let Siam forever prosper, people happy to become the force of the land.” "

Forum policy and Thailand law prevents me from commenting on the new seal.

22 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Your idea then, is that respect for history is abundant in countries run by "elected" politico's?

Think again!

So you agree with the change or you just hate elected governments ?  Elected governments, should one survive in Thailand without military fiddling, can at least be held to account, and can be voted out based on distrust.  Ask Abhisit.  He knows.   

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Always found the military have a great respect for history. 

As long as it's the correct version of history that is..

don't you mean as long as it is their version of history, and the same can be said of many governments from many different countries 

5 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

don't you mean as long as it is their version of history, and the same can be said of many governments from many different countries 

Really don't get your point.

Are you complaining about my post or accusing me of some sort of bashing or agreeing with me?

Once I'm clear on your purpose I will respond...

Edited by Bluespunk

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really don't get your point.

Are you complaining about my post or accusing me of some sort of bashing or agreeing with me?

Once I'm clear on your purpose I will respond...

I am agreeing with what you said, but saying that this is not just a problem with the powers that be in Thailand but the same problem occurs in other countries and not just those under military rule

2 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

I am agreeing with what you said, but saying that this is not just a problem with the powers that be in Thailand but the same problem occurs in other countries and not just those under military rule

My point was a general one about military elites. While that covers and applies to the current regime here, it wasn't specifically aimed at them. 

37 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

what is the motive behind the change in wording

Replacing a simple commemoration of a very significant event in the countries political story, albeit one which has long rankled in certain circles, with an overtly nationalist quasi fascist slogan, more at home in Nazi Germany or Stalins' Russia, but definitely more to the taste of those certain circles.

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Replacing a simple commemoration of a very significant event in the countries political story, albeit one which has long rankled in certain circles, with an overtly nationalist quasi fascist slogan, more at home in Nazi Germany or Stalins' Russia, but definitely more to the taste of those certain circles.

one has to wonder who authorized the change