PM Prayut is happy with improved economic situation

webfact

PM is happy with improved economic situation

IMG_0744.png

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha is satisfied that the economic situation has steadily improved with spending during the five-day Songkran festival this year increasing 12-14 percent to an estimated 16 billion baht compared to the same period last year, government spokesman Lt-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said on Sunday.

He added that the prime minister was also delighted to see Thai people happy with smiles on their faces during the festive period.

Consumers’ confidence index for the month of March increased to 76.8 which was the highest in two years while prices of key farm products such as sugarcane, para rubber and oil palm have risen satisfactorily, resulting in the increase of purchasing power of farmers, said the spokesman.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-happy-improved-economic-situation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-17

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job, he is working hard to continue to bring Thailand into economic sustainability.  The China-Thai rail project is to go ahead, roads, energy and infrastructure development is happening.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is #1   .......:jap:

Edited by steven100

In Thailand, one never knows the truth about anything, as soon as one government official come up with a declaration about how good or bad things are, some one else pops up with contradicting statements... Thai people will always smile and spend money they don't have, that's their nature, as for the economy, government's coffers are empty and the cupboard are bare, so much so they had to cut back on the number of tanks they have orders from China.....

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes up five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes up five

It's the devil's way now
There is no way out
You can scream and you can shout
It's too late now

Because you have not been
Payin' attention

I try to sing along
I get it all wrong
'Cause I'm not
I swat em like flies
But like flies the buggers keep coming back
But I'm not
Oh hail to the thief
But I'm not

Don't question my authority or put me in the dock
'Cause I'm not
'Cause I'm not
Don't go and tell the king that the sky is falling in
When it's not
Maybe not

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is doing a good job, he is working hard to continue to bring Thailand into economic sustainability.  The China-Thai rail project is to go ahead, roads, energy and infrastructure development is happening.

And with eviction Street food in Bangkok, he forces the poor to eat expensive food.......

How do they know spending has increased by 12-14%? The same way they know what the unemployed levels are without having to ask everyone in the country, by modelling.

Look at hotel occupancy rates in selected hotels and compare to the previous Songkran numbers; look at tourist arrivals for the period and ditto; and so on and so on.

9 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

And a pallet of bonus no doubt, for all those around him......he and his band of generals, live in their delusional world of uniform agreement....!

You really think the PM and the Cabinet get bonuses for improved economic performance of the country during a holiday? That's unique thinking!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Given the bar for world leadership is rather low, your good general still rates poorly.  Yes, autocratic governments are very efficient as there is nobody to answer to.  If that is preferable over freedom, then you do not wish to be free. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Spending during the 5 day songkran period up 12-14 percent.

Where did he get that figure from? Thin air?

The extra money Thai people have been shelling out in the last five days has been going to the cops in traffic related fines, and vehicle repair bills.

29 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

And with eviction Street food in Bangkok, he forces the poor to eat expensive food.......

it's not eviction of street food .... they were just removed from areas such as Sukhumvit road etc to make it more foot traffic friendly which is good, not congested ... they still have the carts and cooking in smaller streets and back streets.

1 minute ago, yellowboat said:

Given the bar for world leadership is rather low, your good general still rates poorly.  Yes, autocratic governments are very efficient as there is nobody to answer to.  If that is preferable over freedom, then you do not wish to be free. 

Rates poorly in your eyes perhaps, not in everyone's however. As for democracy: it's very over rated and certainly not suitable for every country, even some well established western countries.

3 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It's a hell of a lot more free than it was before he took over the failed mess.

I hope the Junta run the show for as long as possible, and I guess I will get my wish.

19 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

How do they know spending has increased by 12-14%? The same way they know what the unemployed levels are without having to ask everyone in the country, by modelling.

Look at hotel occupancy rates in selected hotels and compare to the previous Songkran numbers; look at tourist arrivals for the period and ditto; and so on and so on.

I doubt that very much.

It takes them 5 minutes to give me 100 baht change from 2000 baht. They still use a calculator to work it out and then double check it again to make sure it's correct.

Mathematics aren't their greatest asset.

1 minute ago, Cyclone88 said:

I doubt that very much.

It takes them 5 minutes to give me 100 baht change from 2000 baht. They still use a calculator to work it out and then double check it again to make sure it's correct.

Mathematics aren't their greatest asset.

Sad that you think all elements of governement are staffed with 7/11 workers.

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I hope the Junta run the show for as long as possible, and I guess I will get my wish.

Who cares what you wish?  the Thai people wish for elections and freedom of speech and no doubt you come from a country which takes those for granted. Hypocrite. 

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Sorry but even your general concedes that Thailand is less free now.  You would have to be delusional to disagree with him. 

Perhaps you are correct.  Thai elites are incapable of achieving the success that places like India, Taiwan, Japan enjoy.  Even China provides more opportunities for its citizens than Thailand at this moment and in some ways more freedom.   Thailand will just continue to decline.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I thought you were taking the piss until I read your other posts. 

I think it's not great when you have the government raiding the coffers and draining the countries cash reserves; committing to unneeded submarines; getting economic growth to region wide low levels; increasing personal debt while incomes decline; corruption rising off the charts and freedom of speech/opinion/(even Facebook likes) In massive retreat. 

But then I'm educated and open minded and not a drooling fool. So that could be the difference :) 

Just now, sandrew33 said:

I think it's not great when you have the government raiding the coffers and draining the countries cash reserves; committing to unneeded submarines; getting economic growth to region wide low levels; increasing personal debt while incomes decline; corruption rising off the charts and freedom of speech/opinion/(even Facebook likes) In massive retreat. 

But then I'm educated and open minded and not a drooling fool. So that could be the difference :) 

Which cash reserves are those that were drained? I hope you don't refer to the Treasury Reserve account being allegedly depleted by 85% because that was mischievous news at best.

1 minute ago, binjalin said:

Who cares what you wish?  the Thai people wish for elections and freedom of speech and no doubt you come from a country which takes those for granted. Hypocrite. 

oh right   !  lets have elections so whoever runs second can cause mayhem and anarchy and we end up back where we started ... protests ... roads blocked ... killings in crowded areas ... shut the airport down ...and so on.

no thanks,   the people want peace as it is happening now.  they don't mind the Junta in power,  just you.

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh right   !  lets have elections so whoever runs second can cause mayhem and anarchy and we end up back where we started ... protests ... roads blocked ... killings in crowded areas ... shut the airport down ...and so on.

no thanks,   the people want peace as it is happening now.  they don't mind the Junta in power,  just you.

The only reason those things happened is the Military is not answerable to Parliament as it is in your country and continues to meddle in politics and have countless coups. Airport shut-down, violent protests, roads blocked ALL should have been cracked down on when they first started and Military 'Governments' have no place in a developed nation and democracy, with all it's faults, is the bulwark of freedoms fought for by countless nations and peoples. Taking power by the gun should not be supported by any decent human being.

8 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

you mean all the cash reserves that were absconded by the previous two pm's and now one criminal is in exile. Educated I am sir, a fool i am not. :) 

For all the cheerleaders. The reality is that the government spend about 70% of their budget in Bkk and surrounding provinces. The economic growth is thus limited to these areas. Leaving the rest of the country in recession. Look at the millitary intake this year and the number of volunteers. When the economy is doing well the army struggle to get volunteers. They even went so far a few years back to allow look khrungs to join. This year they have had hundreds of thousand of volunteers. FDI's are down about 70% since the coup. The education, justice and police systems have not been reformed as promised. There is no transparency in awarding contracts. They are on the point of rubber stamping thousands of patents without investigating the impact on the cost of medicine. They have passed a number of laws limiting the freedom of the press and speech. They bulldozed through a coal fired plant in Krabi although the people protested against it, arresting those who disagreed with them. They have put civilians on trail in military courts without having proper legal representation and no right of appeal. Yet you find people on TV that support them, I find it amazing. Amazing because it shows too which level the intellect of the some westerner have fallen. It is further amazing that some take for granted freedoms in our home countries but deny the same for the Thai's. How many of these cheerleaders will be cheering on their home country governments to implement the same laws and put civilians on trail in military courts ? The coup has put the country in a dead end and the only way out is going backwards, the longer the junta is in power the longer it will take the country to backtrack to get out of the mess they created. No junta ever anywhere have been able to run a country in a civilized way, they always use force, yet some ignore this historical fact and support the junta. Amazing farangs.

3 minutes ago, binjalin said:

The only reason those things happened is the Military is not answerable to Parliament as it is in your country and continues to meddle in politics and have countless coups. Airport shut-down, violent protests, roads blocked ALL should have been cracked down on when they first started and Military 'Governments' have no place in a developed nation and democracy, with all it's faults, is the bulwark of freedoms fought for by countless nations and peoples. Taking power by the gun should not be supported by any decent human being.

I respect your opinion, however I still feel Thailand is far better off now that it was six years ago ....

8 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Thailand is a developing nation, not a developed nation.