Thai mob hit Indian man in apparent revenge attack

webfact

Thai mob hit Indian man in apparent revenge attack

1pm.jpg

Image: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police were called to a Thai Massage parlor after an attack by seven Thais on one Indian man.

But they were only in time to catch one of the assailants who had used their fists to assault Mr Sarbjit Singh, 40. The others fled on motorbikes, reported Siamchon News.

Arrested outside the Ananda Thai Massage on Thapya Sai 2 was 21 year old Wira Rijirek.

He told police that the Indian man had been in a dispute with another Indian since the Songkran holidays. When his gang saw the victim sitting outside the massage shop they decided to attack him.

Police believe it to be a revenge attack.

The assault happened after midnight on Sunday, said Siamchon News.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-24

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why don't the TAT organize a rumble .....  put them all in a ring in Pattaya and charge the tourists to come and watch ....

then let them go for it ..  :partytime2:

They already do, they call it Mattayom here in Thailand

11 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So a "gang", which could be 5-10 people, attack an Indian man who is simply sitting outside a massage parlor?  Someone please tell me again about the "peaceful Thai" that I've heard existed. 

I would think there was much more to it than that...

Remember, everyone - keep your head down and always be aware. Be very careful not to show any form of disrespect to anyone. Showing any form of disrespect can get you beaten by a mob. You won't be beaten because they have loads of pent up anger, you'll be beaten because you showed disrespect. I think there is something in the teaching of Buddha about never attacking out of anger but attacking out of a so called perceived disrespect is fine. 

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I would think there was much more to it than that...

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find an excuse for seven Thais onto one Indian. Suradit the Thai-bashing policeman would.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

why don't the TAT organize a rumble .....  put them all in a ring in Pattaya and charge the tourists to come and watch ....

then let them go for it ..  :partytime2:

Thais and any other group fighting in even numbers???? Will never happen, the other group would be left standing by themselves.:laugh:

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

More than likely Thai-Indian, every one realizes there is a huge population of Thai citizens with Indian background

Huge, no. Maybe 30,000 or something like that. A lot of Thais especially in the provinces will have never met a Thai of Indian background and will assume they are a foreigner from India until they open their mouth and speak Thai. Indians are known as "khaek" lit. "guest" in Thai and as such, most Thais will assume that's what they are unless they know them personally.

It's a confusing story because it seems to imply that the Thai gang came to the aid of an Indian man who was in dispute with another Indian. That would be a first because normally Thais don't care about arguments between two foreigners. It's usually "protect the Thai against the foreigner" but here there was no Thai to protect. If one individual was indeed an Indian Thai, the Thai gang would have had to have known this by knowing that individual personally.

Edited by jimster

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Remember, everyone - keep your head down and always be aware. Be very careful not to show any form of disrespect to anyone. Showing any form of disrespect can get you beaten by a mob. You won't be beaten because they have loads of pent up anger, you'll be beaten because you showed disrespect. I think there is something in the teaching of Buddha about never attacking out of anger but attacking out of a so called perceived disrespect is fine. 

Although this story had nothing do do with showing anyone any lack of respect

The other Indian guy may have paid the Thai guys 

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I think there is something in the teaching of Buddha about never attacking out of anger but attacking out of a so called perceived disrespect is fine. 

I wonder what the teachings of Buddha have to do with Thais, since there is only fake Buddhism in Thailand.