What happened to the Happy Zone? Chaotic scenes as Walking Street brawl caught on camera

webfact

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Your story reminds of working for a couple of years in a place where the smell of coffee from the neighbours woke me up and I would make mine to add to the aroma or walk 10 metres to the local cafe and have an espresso hit.

On the drive to work through the vinyards there was no problem to stop and grab a bunch of grapes of the vine at the roadside and eat them on the way to the office.

I wont try to describe the factory canteen food at lunch time when you got a glass of wine or a small beer to wash it down.

I dont have many years left but I am going back there and I want to die there. Not here.

Let me get this right. Are they calling them 'Happy Zones' when it should be 'Twilight Zones'?

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Your story reminds of working for a couple of years in a place where the smell of coffee from the neighbours woke me up and I would make mine to add to the aroma or walk 10 metres to the local cafe and have an espresso hit.

On the drive to work through the vinyards there was no problem to stop and grab a bunch of grapes of the vine at the roadside and eat them on the way to the office.

I wont try to describe the factory canteen food at lunch time when you got a glass of wine or a small beer to wash it down.

I dont have many years left but I am going back there and I want to die there. Not here.

i know, my friend. they were the days when life was more simple. A meal of crusty bread, olive oil, a good cheese, and a robust red, was the order of the day. to go home and lie down, with the windows open and listen to the far away voices of tradesmen,on the breeze , and fall asleep, whilst being mildly irritated by the murmurous haunt of flies.

i wish you many more years, dear friend.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Ahhhh, walking street. I can remember when all the old women, dressed in black would come out early in the morning and sweep the front steps of the bars and restaurants. They would give you a circumspect smile and continue with their chores of washing the windows, before making their way to the local butchers to buy sausages and bacon for their husband breakfasts. How the air smelled of Jasmin and scented flowers along the pretty sidewalks, and the air was alive with the cry of hens having laid the first eggs of the day. Where mustachioed, old men would play dominoes and checkers on the tables of the street and drink cups of strong, highly sweetened black coffee. Oh how a pretty dark haired girl would walk along the street, tossing her pony tail in the most provocative way. Wait a minute, Ive just woke up, this is Cyprus i'm talking about. Nah! walking street is still a shit hole!

if Trump can ban muslims why cant Thailand do it?

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Ahhhh, walking street. I can remember when all the old women, dressed in black would come out early in the morning and sweep the front steps of the bars and restaurants. They would give you a circumspect smile and continue with their chores of washing the windows, before making their way to the local butchers to buy sausages and bacon for their husband breakfasts. How the air smelled of Jasmin and scented flowers along the pretty sidewalks, and the air was alive with the cry of hens having laid the first eggs of the day. Where mustachioed, old men would play dominoes and checkers on the tables of the street and drink cups of strong, highly sweetened black coffee. Oh how a pretty dark haired girl would walk along the street, tossing her pony tail in the most provocative way. Wait a minute, Ive just woke up, this is Cyprus i'm talking about. Nah! walking street is still a shit hole!

Thats exactly Jomtien beach road what u describing here.

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

So now young arab kids go to pattaya? TAT is promoting there so these folks might be the next generation of quality tourists.

They have done so for years but kept themselves to themselves.

Nevertheless there is some local friction withing a common language and a common religion. They are also quite capable of generating animosity with others... they are unfamiliar with alcohol and have limited self-control.

20 hours ago, fruitman said:

So now young arab kids go to pattaya? TAT is promoting there so these folks might be the next generation of quality tourists.

We all know Camel Jockey"s and drink does not mix, plenty slapping and pushing, not much fighting, until they tried to hit a "Lady".

On 25/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, pegman said:

Those 2 arab guys were lucky to walk away like they did. One of the Walking St club doormen would have laid  waste to them in no time. The girls didn't do too badly for themselves at that.

after ca 5 min nobody from the doormen comes, so ???

Police who were here at the start disappeared.
The fighting seems to be more between Thai girls and Arab men.
Amazed some Thai men / bouncers / taxi drivers didn't wade into the Arabs.
Happy / safe zone my arse!

Edited by Geordie59
Spelling correction