Landlord refusing to give signed copies of ID-Card and Housebook and also refusing to fill in the TM30 formular.

Just change the date on the original contract,worth a try.

Maybe the landlord wants you out now,after you have made

all the improvements to the house,and she can get a higher 

rent,wish i could find tenants like you.

regards worgeordie

Don't be fooled.

The landlord is not paying the required tax on what you are paying them.

they are not declaring their income for the rental money, and they are legally violating the tax law declaration.

that is why they won't sign the TM -30 form for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Don't be fooled.

The landlord is not paying the required tax on what you are paying them.

they are not declaring their income for the rental money, and they are legally violating the tax law declaration.

that is why they won't sign the TM -30 form for you.

Nonsense

Immigration does not report people that sign and complete a TM30 report to the revenue department. That is only a  misconception that some people have.

• Like 1

Pass the bucket on, tell the immigration to "convince" the landlord or his underlings - if not, then you're off the hook as far as immigration is concerned. 
Alternatively move into another place - will teach them a lesson  

5 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I beg to differ with you.

The initial contract was:

1. I would take care of all the repairs/installation of the house.
2. The landlord would not rise the rent as long as Iive in that house.

I spend in 16 years a lot of money on my house, where I could have simply send an assigned letter to Hong Kong asking for the repair or installation of the broken item.
Wether the landlord lives in Thailand or Utopia is none of my business.

Also, if the landlord would have asked to review the rent on a "normal" way, I would maybe understand it.
But the landlord did review the rent AFTER I asked to comply with the rules of Immigration and by sending me a lawyer (which I would need to pay at the end).

We always had good communications and understanding.
Why was the lawyer involved?
My landlord started to make a fuzz about the requirements of Immigration ONLY when Immigration asked a SIGNED COPY OF HER ID-Card.
To avoid that, she send her lawyer.
But at the end, I did refuse to sign the rental contract as long as my Visa extension was not complete and Immigration kept requiring a signed copy of the ID-Card.
So, at the end, the involvement of a lawyer was a pure waste of money and a reason to end the "friendship" or "trust" between me and the landlord.. 

I suppose more than a few of us suspect "what is she trying to hide"  worrying about providing a signed copy of her ID card........won't be the first time it turns out a person is not the real owner of a house.................just sayin 

8 hours ago, Ulic said:

I am confused by your reply. First you say YES

Then the rest of you answer explains a NO answer.

Nothing has changed in his rental contract, landlords ID-card etc....

Jomtien Immigration told me I did not have to submit a new TM 30

if I did not move. There was no expiration date on it. I never changed

addresses in Thailand just took a few trips out of the country so I never

submitted a new TM 30. No issues so far.

I see nothing to be confused about.

Your question was: "If the conditions remain the same, does a TM30 expire?"
And I answerred: "Yes".

Why "Yes"?
Because a TM30 is linked to a rental contract and a rental contract need to renewed every year.

Confuscious, I am 100% behind the sentiment of your original rental contract. I had a simulator arrangement to you when I was renting between '91 and '99. I did not do major renovations like you but I did all the routine maintenance. He never put up the rent in all that time. It even remained the same when my girlfriend, now wife, started living with me. We bought our own place in 1999. He was my best ever landlord.
The big difference was I was renting in London, you in Thailand. They may be rare but landlords that just want an easy life definitely do exist, and long may they live.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

About two years ago I had to go to immigration to get an extenstion on my visa. The same thing popped up about this TM30 requirement. I had informed the landlady that she needed to inform inmmigration about my staying in her house. I had been living in her rented house for more than 10 years but when I went to immigration they informed me that she had not done what I had asked her to do, so I got hit with a 2,000 baht fine. The best thing you can do is find somewhere else to live without these <deleted> trying to circumvent paying alittle tax if any on their rented property. There must be better places to stay where you are and will not put you to bother.

This went down badly. So sorry for the ongoing hassle.

YMMV, but I would not want to deal with these people, period. 100%? Is that even legal? Blackmail, lies, false "promises and never ending extortion? Must be some great place you have got there.

My LL grabbed her Police fine from my SD. It was a terrible fight (I went to the town hall where they have lawyers and then it was all over silly 2,000 THB SD. Still, I would not want some money-grabbing crook to get the satisfaction of her criminal plot succeeding.

Can you just move? 

Again, I would not continue to feed these blackmailers. 

It's 100%  h e r, the landlady's obligation. She will get fined and the cops should help you.

Can it be these people are that 2thick"? I think they want to blackmail you some more. The 2,000 THB fine was due after a delay of a few days... It also happened at the next place where I WARNED the new LL about this.

The son can get this ticked off in an hour. Take 2,000 THB + ID + TM30 form or whatever to Immigration and he will be in and out in minutes.

In the light of the blackmail and the 100% rent hike (legal??? Ask the lawyers at the town hall about that). Usually, there will be a notice period and a written letter... But this is a land where 5% a month interest is customary?

4 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Get over it. Landlords are not responsible for your visa and immigration needs. It isn't hard to sort your own problems out.

Who pockets the wedge each month?

1 hour ago, chowny77 said:

I had been living in her rented house for more than 10 years but when I went to immigration they informed me that she had not done what I had asked her to do, so I got hit with a 2,000 baht fine. 

How were you fined for the failing of a 3rd party?

• Like 1

With immigration here its always signed copy of our this and signed copies of our that than  photos of our location and our full addresses and bank accounts numbers and phone numbers seems they are not worried at all about anyone committing identity fraud with our  details!!

In Europe very very rarely give to anyone a signed copy of a pasport and always without the numbers on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

With immigration here its always signed copy of our this and signed copies of our that than  photos of our location and our full addresses and bank accounts numbers and phone numbers seems they are not worried at all about anyone committing identity fraud with our  details!!

In Europe very very rarely give to anyone a signed copy of a pasport and always without the numbers on it.

I remember a case (ThaiVisa) where a foreigner got his bank account plundered by an Immigration officer, and the bank put the blame on him that he had given all the information and signed copies of his passport/bankbook out to an unknown person.
He lost all his money on one day.

I would gladly know from a lawyer if asking for all this personal information is allowed and if a person is bound to give out all this information.

I use to sign all the copies of my passport/bankbook and draw 2 lines on the copy with the marking "Not for banking purposes".
The first time I did that, the Immigration officer went ballistic and said some words in Thai I did not understand.
But when he went to his superior, he was told to swallow his pride and accept the copies as it was fully legal.

Edited by Confuscious
Added

6 hours ago, Kf6vci said:

This went down badly. So sorry for the ongoing hassle.

YMMV, but I would not want to deal with these people, period. 100%? Is that even legal? Blackmail, lies, false "promises and never ending extortion? Must be some great place you have got there.

My LL grabbed her Police fine from my SD. It was a terrible fight (I went to the town hall where they have lawyers and then it was all over silly 2,000 THB SD. Still, I would not want some money-grabbing crook to get the satisfaction of her criminal plot succeeding.

Can you just move? 

Again, I would not continue to feed these blackmailers. 

I look forward to move out of this place.
Not only for the hassles with my landlord, but also for the unfriendly neighborhood.
But moving from the drop to land in the rain is no option.
And in the meantime, I need to follow the laws/requirements of Immigration.

I want to buy a house on my childs name, but the Land Department told me that my child need to be 17 years old in order to own land and to get her own Blue housebook (I am divorced).

I think he had a great deal. No rent increase for 16 years! I would gladly do such a deal. How did the landlord know he wouldn't trash the place?

100% rise after 16 years still sounds good to me. Apparently the landlord is afraid of the tax man. Don't know how efficient the Thai gov't is in such matters. Efficiency may have increased under the general. I kind of doubt it.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I tried redacting my bank details and was FO at the high port. I had no choice but to comply as I was renewing early as I was flying two days later. Unless thing have changed I can expect to find other peoples data on the back of forms dished out next week to anyone who turns up.

Imm call this 'recycling!' ?

Edited by evadgib

37 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I tried redacting my bank details and was FO at the high port. I had no choice but to comply as I was renewing early as I was flying two days later. Unless thing have changed I can expect to find other peoples data on the back of forms dished out next week to anyone who turns up.

Imm call this 'recycling!' ?

not only immigration but many many departments for something in Thailand reguires signed copies of our passports and its unsafe and most to stop.

On 02/05/2017 at 4:28 AM, Ulic said:

Jomtien Immigration told me I did not have to submit a new TM 30

if I did not move.

Last time I looked, Jomtien immigration don't have jurisdiction over Dan Kwian in Nakhon Ratchasima.

(I hope that's not too obtuse a reference to the long-standing and well-known fact that no two Thai immigration offices have ever enforced the law, rules and regulations in an identical fashion)

• Like 1

On 2.5.2017 at 7:32 PM, evadgib said:

How were you fined for the failing of a 3rd party?

Appeal the fine - I had a similar issue. (My LL was fined and she grabbed it from my SD, security deposit. ** I complained, spoke to a top ranking officer about it and then took the case to the town hall. The LL was  f o r c e d  to hand over the 2,000 THB. They took photos with me having to hold the money :smile:

What concerns me is the needless ongoing refusal to deal with this quickly. Cui bono? What exactly might motivate the son to keep stalling?

While I don't know if the fine may be increased, I do know that 3 cops showed up at my LL's house. Surely, they can pay the son a visit, too?

Life's too short for this nonsense. Hope you will find other digs!

• Like 1