New Mitsubishi Triton Model

ThaiLife

Well ive just been to a Motor show, and on display was a new Mitsubishi Triton model , the Triton ‘PLUS’ , it seem’s that this model has been produced to compete with the likes of the Toyota Prerunner, a 2WD pick up raised up to the same height as a 4x4 model. The specification for this 2WD has changed to a 2.5Lt Turbo Intercooler DI-D Hyper Common Rail Power unit . The curved back load area ( which use to have a black strip running along in ) has now been enlarged and painted the same as the body color, which helps the ‘curved ‘ to blend in. The front grill area now has as standard quarts fog lights, the interior of the cabin now also includes a CD /Mp3 player, with a 7 inch DVD flat screen , plus many more standard items along with Rear cushion seating , The rear bumper area , takes you by surprise, there’s two unfilled round circles on each side of the bumper, when I asked the regional sales manager what they are for, he said you can request either extra lights or reflectors to be fitted at no extra cost. The one shown in the photos was a 2.5Lt Turbo Intercooler, Mega cab with an Auto gear box and it was priced at 669,000 Baht

The manual version is priced at 639,000 Baht.

I think for the specification, they are not a bad price.

can been seen at .. http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/new/index.html

TL

post-37178-1166860419_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1166860626_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1166860809_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1166861179_thumb.jpg

Not too sure about the wheels, I had a look under the back , and it looked as if the body has been raised some how ...?

( see attached the photo ) is a bit dark taken from under the back so you may have to enlarge the photo to get a real good view , ive just looked at the sales broacher for the

Triton ‘Plus’ 2.5Lt Turbo Intercooler DI-D Hyper Common Rail GLS. and its listed the following in English ,

Front Fog lamps

Side steps

Door sash back

Chrome outer door handles

Electric Chrome wing Mirrors

Rear window defroster with timer

Over Fender

High Mounted stop lights

16 inch alloy wheels

CD / MP3 / DVD Multi region player / USB / Radio / with front AUX

7 inch wide screen monitor

Map Lamp

Sunglasses pocket

Door curtsey Lamps

Digital Dual Trip Meter

Silver painted meter cluster

Chrome Inner door handles

Silver painted center panel & gear shift panel

Remote keyless entry system

Central Arm rest Cup Holder

Center Door Lock

Power Windows

Day / Night rear view mirror

Ignition Key with illumination

Built in down light at center panel

12v Accessory Socket

Drivers SRS Airbag & pretensioner seat belts

ABS + EBD

Side Door Impact Bars

one extra thing not listed is a full size seating set up for behind the passengers , the reason I was told that its a free extra was that if it was fitted as standard then the taxation would be more...

and a few more things in Thai whic I can't read. as for the comment ..( it's a 2wd and'll be hopeless off-road anyway.) I think its been produced for the people who arn't that intrested in off roading, but want the extra driving position height of a 4x4 .

TL

post-37178-1166951053_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1166951595_thumb.jpg