Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says: "I've got a bomb!"

webfact

Panic on Suvarnabhumi flight as Swedish man says: "I've got a bomb!"

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok Airways flight to Koh Samui prompted the activation of emergency procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport yesterday after a Swedish passenger shouted that he had a bomb.

Flight PG 145 due to depart for Samui at 1.45pm was taken to the eastern edge of the airport where the passengers were calmed after all were deplaned and held in a waiting area at a fire station, reported Daily News.

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

Nothing suspicious was found and later the 140 passengers and crew were transferred to Gate A8 where they awaited their rescheduled flight.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

Food and drink were provided to the passengers during their long wait.

The Swedish man was detained.

Daily News reported that Bangkok Airways were preparing a case for compensation against the man.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-03

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Bangkok Airways flight to Koh Samui prompted the activation of emergency procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport yesterday after a Swedish passenger shouted that he had a bomb.

Moron. 

"Daily News reported that Bangkok Airways were preparing a case for compensation against the man.",

it's more than about money,action needs to be taken against this stupid Swede,lock him up

regards worgeordie

Some years back there was a rash of plane hijackings to Cuba.

One passenger in business class asked  the flight attendant if she had any good cigars.

She said No, and his joking reply was, :"that's o.k., I'll  just pick some good cigars when we are in Havana".

Security wasn't amused.

He was grabbed, and taken off the plane.

They take such comments seriously.

That is a true story.

Just think about the other direction, many missing their connections due to this moron.

He should be locked up until compensation is done.

Then expelled and blacklisted.

Don't serve full strength alcohol to Swedes.

I have experience on baltic sea ferries :tongue:

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"Daily News reported that Bangkok Airways were preparing a case for compensation against the man.",

it's more than about money,action needs to be taken against this stupid Swede,lock him up

regards worgeordie

I'm Swedish..and after what happend in Stockholm a couple of weeks ago...lock him up ten years or even better,throw away the key...freaking idiot.

The plane and all luggage in the hold was thoroughly searched and passengers were also searched in accordance with "Order 9" of the airport's emergency procedures. EOD bomb disposal units were deployed.

The emergency was declared over at 5.50pm and the flight left for Samui at 6.30pm.

40 minutes to do all that? I most seriously doubt that one.

44 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

I think  the lesson is not to serve alcohol in airports...

No not misunderstand me....

I love beer but some
can not not control it

No   ...    that's why nobody can enjoy anything in life anymore ..  thats why the worlds a mess because of a few 

because of one idiot ,  why should everyone else have to be punished .

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

No   ...    that's why nobody can enjoy anything in life anymore ..  thats why the worlds a mess because of a few arsehol;es

because of one idiot ,  why should everyone else have to be punished .

Your exactly right. The new world caters to the minority who cause problems instead of making an example of them letting the average bloke get on with his way of life unchanged.

Was the plane taxying or just parked on the apron at the gate when he shouted?. I see in a few countries they offer you the fuel bill for the diversion or prison and I'd imagine paying for an A380 or even 777 would be 20K to 30K dollars. He'll probably be blacklisted and have to beg to get a seat back to Sweden.

He's a Swede! They pride in themselves as not being a member of NATO, so he was checking to see if anyone else had a real bomb, in case one was needed while he was on holiday. I would guess that check will costs him 10 years cut in half to five years. I would assume

Immigration will Blacklist him for Life! I would then deport him to North Korea via China!

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The Swedish man was detained, they should have shot the stupid ba....d.

The world you project is truly frightening.

What the guy did was unbelievably stupid but the death penalty for that??!! ONLY ON THAI VISA!

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Won't their be two consequences? The Thai police will want to prosecute for his criminal behavior. Likely big fine and possibly some actual jail time. And then Bangkok Airways will file a civil suit for damages. Likely get some serious money. 

He could be in the poop big time - deservedly so. Maybe he'll try the sorry, I was pissed up defense that works well here for locals?

53 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

40 minutes to do all that? I most seriously doubt that one.

The flight was due to depart at 1.45 pm.

They then searched the plane and did all those other things and the the emergency was declared over at 5.50 pm and the plane left at 6.30 pm. The search etc lasted from 1.45 pm to 5.50 pm some 4 hours.

47 minutes ago, mrdome said:

The world you project is truly frightening.

What the guy did was unbelievably stupid but the death penalty for that??!! ONLY ON THAI VISA!

And only on Thai Visa are users not able to just read between the lines and not take every single comment to serious...