Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Comon... you don't really think Dickov is unlucky not to have a PL winner's medal.

Well he's played for 4 clubs who have all won the league. He just happened to play for them when they didn't win it. In fact, he was out on loan for the season when Arsenal won it. You got to admit that's a bit of bad luck

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well he's played for 4 clubs who have all won the league. He just happened to play for them when they didn't win it. In fact, he was out on loan for the season when Arsenal won it. You got to admit that's a bit of bad luck

Not bad luck in the slightest... he wasn't good enough to get into a title winning team. And was at most of those clubs when they were looking at a lower standard of player. 

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nail on the head champers ????

I actually saw Dickov when I flew back to Thailand from Manchester last July. I flew with Etihad and City were off to China. He was with Mike Summerbee at their dedicated airport check-in next to ours.

• Like 1

Next question. Which player made the most appearances in the Premier League in the 90s? A tough one, so a couple of clues to help. He played for 2 clubs, one a City club and one with a bird crest on their shirts. He was captain at one of the clubs.

• Like 1

By my count, there have been appox 11 clubs in the Prem League with a bird on their crest (Even Swindon has a small one as well)

And about 9 Clubs with City in their name. (Swansea Town became Swansea City).

The permutations may take some time, Great question though.

Scratches head and wanders off downstage right.

11 minutes ago, champers said:

The player was born in Wigan and co-incidentally his surname is the same as a small town in the borough. That is a killer clue. Who will be first on the trigger?

Peter Atherton?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Your clue actually put me off him.....Cov and Wed both have birds on their badges.

Sorry about that. Used to have an elephant and castle, didn't know about the bird.