Helpless old woman repeated kicked in the head by Thai gang

webfact

Sorry Jaded I am not I do live in a world of reality though and I do not hate your neck of the woods as I have family and many friends still there and care about them

But I totally agree with you on

I want to be clear, violence is unacceptable and what these boys did and how the police appeared to have handled it is terrible. 

Lets hope these things stop soon

Keep well and have a good night

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This terrible incident could not happen without the perpetrators knowing that the police will not act.

Very little happens, including loan sharking, without the police, local officials or government officials being in on the act. The lucrative 'brown envelopes' are why they pay for their positions in these institutions.

What is needed in Thailand is a massive change of attitude. Unfortunately that would have to come from the top and filter down. Not going to happen!!

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I wouldn't know, i haven't lived there for more than 45 years and don't intend going back. The motorbike gangs were reported in the Mirror (yeah tabloids) but with cctv photo's,the police are desperate to get them and no doubt they will but since the Mirror is not the only newspaper that i read i have formed an impression that the UK is a violent place to be. Like anywhere it probably depends on where you live and where you go out. I have lived in Isaan for more than 12 years now,never had any trouble, had two car accidents,not my fault and the police prosecuted the Thai drivers.

Mirror that paper seems to have a big following there, give it a miss, as just pumped up rubbish. Newspapers here are dying fast as we have moved to the electronic age so they print anything to sell the paper.

Motor bikes here as you know are few and far between mainly big bikes that come out in the summer, there are small 150cc bikes I guess but I have not seen one in 3 months, saw a scooter the other day. I liked bikes when I was younger but too cold now. Always liked it up in Issan when I visited, so drove a lot on tours over there, did over 100.000 km in less that a year on last visit so saw the roads close up. Hua Hin is still my favourite place on the planet, but, just cannot handle the corruption that came my way as people thought the money I had and worked hard for in my country for years was somehow theirs and they tried hard to get it. Here that does not happen so much.

But Thai wife says she feels safer here and she has just gone off shopping and driving herself, something she would not do back home so that says what it is like here.

Keep well

Edited by wakeupplease

2 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Anger management maybe an option

Well maybe, a quick google on anger management will show you that, contrary to popular belief, anger management programs, everywhere, have a very low success rate.

Edited by scorecard

8 hours ago, pentap said:

What a fxxking disgrace!

I'm sorry but this is not a civilised country.

Mind-less, sick bastards! Fxxking low life animals! No they are worse than animals.

Sicking.

My young daughter keeps me hanging on here, but I can't wait for the day when she a little older and can finally leave this place!

I'm sorry but similar things happen all over the world. If you try, you can find "uncivilized" behaviour in any country. I am sure the majority of Thai people condemn this behaviour as much as you do. 

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Where I'm from, the suspects would have their doors kicked in by a squad of arresting officers before dawn..... but hey, this is Thailand..... what was I thinking?

You weren't ?, and you know full well that the scumbags will be asked to come down to the station provided they aren't too busy with other important business. 

Actually it really seems to be getting worse everyday or is that just my imagination playing tricks on me. 

13 minutes ago, ironbark said:

I'm sorry but similar things happen all over the world. If you try, you can find "uncivilized" behaviour in any country. I am sure the majority of Thai people condemn this behaviour as much as you do. 

You mean the cops don't give a rats arse or do you mean the out of control lawlessness infecting Thailand currently. 

10 hours ago, Wiggy said:

One thing I'll never understand here.....why does the victim have to do the job of the police?  

"The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning."

Why can't the police visit the victim as in civilized countries?

C'mon, she's obviously a lo so

Edited by DekDaeng

10 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe she will not want to leave this place.  Where will you both go?  This kind of things sadly happens all over the world, and here are a lot worse countries for violence than here... just look at what happens in some parts of America these days!  

Right. Also; anyone with any sense would not become involved with a bunch of thugs in the first place. I would rather starve or go begging then to borrow money from hoodlums. The poor woman was lucky to had been able to walk away from it.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Go live in London after 6 months of reading about or experiencing the violence there you will think Thailand is the garden of Eden

Nonsense. Why do you Thai apologists always try to justify these vile cowards. Would you try to justify this in your home country ? 

11 hours ago, tracker1 said:

The victim filed a complaint and police are waiting on medical reports of her injuries before arresting those responsible. 

Minburi police told Daily News that they know who the attackers are.

We are just giving the offenders enough time to dissapear !

Total Disgrace !

Maybe, or waiting to see what hi-so connections there might be in this cowardly mob! 

Nonsense. Why do you Thai apologists always try to justify these vile cowards. Would you try to justify this in your home country ? 

Why is pointing out that horrific violence happens everywhere, "apologising" for when it happens in Thailand, or justifying it in any way?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm not condoning this, but sometimes I wonder, after living here 27 years, why I never ever had any problem, neither with youth gangs, neither with police. I think I do understand Thai customs and I do speak Thai fluently, maybe that helps. Having said that, something has changed in Thai society. This is just sickening. What happened here is just between Thais. I can't remember something like this happening 3 decades ago. What ever happened to the "respect for older people"?  Personally I believe there is a problem with the next generation. 

4 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

A broken justice system, a broken police force, a broken government and a totally broken society. No one gives a hoot.

Why the hell are you living here if this is what you think of the country and the society in which you live?

Just now, jak2002003 said:

Why the hell are you living here if this is what you think of the country and the society in which you live?

Because I am unable to leave. Perhaps you should consider that you do not know the circumstances of the poster, in this case me, before you assume, quite incorrectly, to know the reasons for my comment, which by the way is right on the mark. If you think none of those things are broken then good luck and I wish you well with your own interpretation of the everyday news.

25 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

I am obviously not the first one to notice, but can it really be true that the police have to wait for the medical results before making any arrest. I have been reading a lot of articles on crimes committed and the respective sentences that where dished out, and it makes the Thai judicial system look like a joke.

And they dont even mention trying to apprehend the loan sharks that h9red the thugs to do the beating.. Probably because they have very close ties to the rtp. Anyway, the thugs will probably not get away, and the sharks will have to hire some new.

Backyard loan sharks charge at a minimum of 10% per  month. They can do this because Thai banks do not give loans to anyone without collateral, ie your normal Thai citizen. Easy to solve but hard to implement a solution. There actually is a law against back yard loan sharks...

2 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

That won´t change anything.

I hope it does change something. Including the need for an elderly women to need to go to an illegal loan shark in the first place. It is sad and inevitable if you cannot pay illegal loans to illegal men.

7 hours ago, memkuk said:

I'm not condoning this, but sometimes I wonder, after living here 27 years, why I never ever had any problem, neither with youth gangs, neither with police. I think I do understand Thai customs and I do speak Thai fluently, maybe that helps. Having said that, something has changed in Thai society. This is just sickening. What happened here is just between Thais. I can't remember something like this happening 3 decades ago. What ever happened to the "respect for older people"?  Personally I believe there is a problem with the next generation. 

Maybe because like me, you have not broken any laws, you have not gotten involved with the wrong people and you have not gotten involved in other people`s dramas. And also like me, avoided any trouble and avoided getting into disputes.

18 hours ago, survivalblue said:

These incidents seem to be increasing and more widespread.  That or more reported and caught on camera.

As a foreigner, it makes me concerned about the future of Thailand.  

There seems to be no efforts to prosecute and criminalize violence.  

Instead the authorities are harassing food vendors, tourists, and peaceful poor people.

Or maybe it's getting harder to pay? 

The victim filed a complaint and police are waiting on medical reports of her injuries before arresting those responsible. The victim was expected to come with the report to the police station at 10am this morning.

That says it all about logical thinking at Thai governmental agencies like police and army.