Private Thai hospitals want adjustment of medical fee coverage

webfact

Private hospitals want adjustment of medical fee coverage

18301220_1591373100905161_42849422041953

BANGKOK: -- Private hospitals have petitioned the social security board demanding an adjustment of medical fee coverage under the social security programme currently fixed at 1,460 baht per head per annum.

Dr Kampol Palassin, managing director of Chularat hospital group, and representatives from several private hospitals went to the Labour Ministry to lodge their petition which was received by Mr Boonlert Thiratrakul, deputy permanent secretary of labour affairs.

Dr Kampol said that the medical fee coverage rate had been applied for six years without any adjustment despite the fact that medical expenses shouldered by private hospitals had increased such as the prices of drugs and pay for nurses.

He claimed that prices of drugs had increased 50 percent from what they were six years ago whereas the monthly pay for a nurse which averaged 12,000 baht a month had increased to about 15,000 baht/month.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/private-hospitals-want-adjustment-medical-fee-coverage/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-10

The private hospitals all make a lot of money, yes very big money

Their business, is the caring business, let them continue, AND STOP MOANING

They need to be grateful, and consider these relatively small amounts as just another tax

NO SYMPATHY FOR THEIR PETITION in fact increase their contributions if they persist

The government of Thailand does provide reasonable care for all its citizens, and also provides at very reasonable costs good affordable care for foreigners 

Just perfect, in Phuket I got my medication at an outside Pharmacy for 1/3 of the price the Private Hospital

wanted to charge me. I am not surprised Private Hospitals are getting less and less Patients , considering what they charge already. The only advantage of Private Hospitals is, faster service.

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

Private hospitals charge too much in thailand. For knee or hip replace ment same price as uk. By their own admission nurse gets 15000 a year in uk they get approaching 1 million baht. So why so expensive for treatment

Why?

It is called profit maximalisation

34 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Why?

It is called profit maximalisation

And just experienced it. Private hospital here in CM for years fees not too bad,

But recently my son's Thai MIL admitted for exhaustion and stayed there 3 nights. Two minute doctors visit 2 times per day, one scan of her lungs completed in 5 minutes, nothing wrong, very basic medications.

Total bill 25,000Baht.