"Airport security just fine" after man uses tourist police ID to gain access to Suvarnabhumi secure area

webfact

"Airport security just fine" after man uses tourist police ID to gain access to Suvarnabhumi secure area

3pm2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Airport officials at Suvarnabhumi have been scurrying to assure the public that security is tight at Bangkok's main airport.

The move comes after a man filmed himself on Facebook live after gaining access to meet friends at gate F5. He had used a tourist policeman's ID to get through security, reported Sanook.

The policeman concerned has now been transferred to an inactive post for thirty days while an investigation is mounted.

Members of the public online questioned whether there was adequate security at the airport after the Facebook post caused much adverse comment.

AOT spokesman Nitinai Srisamatkarn confirmed that the man in question had gained access using a tourist policeman's ID card. He had entered through a door for airport personnel.

He assured the public that security was as it should be. All those going "airside" (to secure areas in the airport) must show ID. All those people had been subject to criminal background checks, he said.

Both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airport security are due to be checked in July as part of ICAO inspections.

Tourist police told PPTV that one of their number had been transferred to clerical duties pending an investigation.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-10

5 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

they used to use them to access hotel rooms in pattaya, including mine. the general public doesnt know the difference

the difference between what and what ?  Tourist police is real police.

1 minute ago, Mickmouse1 said:

The move comes after a man filmed himself .so it is a Policeman not just a man from the street.Can I use my ROYAL ORCHID CARD?

I don't get the jokes about fitness card, makro card, whatever card... ??

a police ID was used, and there are chances the guy looked similar enough to the photo on the card. so what are you all on about ?

If he looked similar to the picture on the police ID where is the problem?
They should fine the one who borrowed the ID and the one who mis-used it, not the security officer at the airport.
By the way, why they not use fingerprint scanner for access?
I think they are not so expensive nowadays...

2 hours ago, manarak said:

the difference between what and what ?  Tourist police is real police.

maybe they just arent aware that police of any sort need a search warrant to enter private property

Edited by phycokiller

3 hours ago, phycokiller said:

they used to use them to access hotel rooms in pattaya, including mine. the general public doesnt know the difference

Well.... Pattaya.

All bets are off when it comes to that place. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

54 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

maybe they just arent aware that police of any sort need a search warrant to enter private property

huh?

doesn't apply to public airports - not in Thailand and not anywhere.

besides, the Thai State owns 70% of AoT.

Edited by manarak

Off-topic but true story:

Years ago when Hungary was still behind the Iron Curtain, I managed to persuade an immigration border guard on my train that I had a valid visa to enter the country.

Actually, it was a bill from British Gas.....

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Off-topic but true story:

Years ago when Hungary was still behind the Iron Curtain, I managed to persuade an immigration border guard on my train that I had a valid visa to enter the country.

Actually, it was a bill from British Gas.....

Did you fart them a ripper, to prove it?