Tattoo removal - you get what you pay for as Isaan woman finds out

webfact

Tattoo removal - you get what you pay for as Isaan woman finds out

1am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Pictures posted online of a woman's horrible scarring from a cheap tattoo removal deal caused an expert in the field to say you get what you pay for.

Thai Rath posed the question - is successful removal of tattoos possible after the Isan woman's story did the rounds on social media.

She wanted a large tattoo on her upper chest removed and went in for a treatment with "some liquid" that is believed to be an acid.

In just a few days the scarring was obvious and the wound had become infected prompting the woman to post that she advised people not to have their tattoos removed.

But Thai Rath asked the director of an institute for skin diseases Dr Mingkhwan Wichaidit who spoke about two methods in use today.

She said successful tattoo removal is possible. But it depends what method you choose.

One was the old school method of using acid that the woman appeared to have elected to try. This is fraught with problems and is highly dependent on the skill and experience of the person doing the removal.

It is very difficult to get the strength right and there can be damage to surrounding areas. The chance of scarring and subsequent infection is high and it is unlikely that skin can be returned to anything like its previous quality.

The best method is laser treatment often over several sessions. This reduces the chance of both infection and scarring. Different wavelengths of laser are used for removing different colors over time. A reputable clinic or hospital with an experienced laser operator can ensure the best results leaving skin likely to be close to its original condition.

But treatments can easily run up to 20,000 baht. Basically the expert said that you get what you pay for. Going for a treatment with acid is likely to be much cheaper but the perils, as in this case, are plain to see, said Dr Mingkhwan.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-16

"She advised people not to have their tattoos removed."

She should rather have advised others not to have tattoos in the first place...

Our skin is our barrier against bacteria. Why damage it in the first place?

Black people and Asians can have excessive scarring yoy may of noticed some thai ladies with huge red scars and when asked it was simply a vaccination, I thought it strange and looked weird so looked it up and its called 

Keloid 

Looks like she has it 

5 hours ago, trogers said:

"She advised people not to have their tattoos removed."

She should rather have advised others not to have tattoos in the first place...

Our skin is our barrier against bacteria. Why damage it in the first place?

Its called a "Billboard Complex" epidermal epidemic among younger people frowned on by their elders. 

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I have a single-point tattoo.  When I was a kid, I dropped a pencil and tried to catch it between my legs.  Still have a dot from the graphite there.

Me too. In first grade, I was tapping the girl in front of me on the head with a pencil and she threw her head back and buried in in my palm. To this day, there is a dull black dot there. I can still get a job though.

Edited by Ulysses G.

19 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

so many bar girls have tatoos and are trying to hookup with a rich boyfriend/sponsor, yet most western men would rather their thai girlfriends were not covered in tatoos. odd.

Most western men (in Pattaya) seem to have more tattoos than the bar girls.

4 minutes ago, tardelli said:

worldwide psychologists says that % 80 tattooed people are generally lower in intelligence and have low standards .

Well that would explain why she is trying to get rid of it, she must think she is upwardly mobile

Years ago my wife wanted to have a tattoo of a rose put on the calf of her leg. She wanted to cover a scar from a motorcycle exhaust burn. I told her I'd rather see the scar. Since then the scar has disappeared and she has no tattoo.

Pretty amazing you guys calling girls with ink Tramp stamps hahahaha I know some of you posting and i can assure you that you have NO PLACE calling anyone names 

Look in the mirror think a little about how you look and stop being nasty name calling muppets cos I am sure you could be called a few insulting words also.

and yet hordes of guys (and girls) of all nationality continue to paint their arms wholesale it looks repulsive and most regret bitterly after a few years and resort to removal.

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Me too. In first grade, I was tapping the girl in front of me on the head with a pencil and she threw her head back and buried in in my palm. To this day, there is a dull black dot there. I can still get a job though.

Yeah... but for how long?

Pretty amazing you guys calling girls with ink Tramp stamps hahahaha I know some of you posting and i can assure you that you have NO PLACE calling anyone names 

Look in the mirror think a little about how you look and stop being nasty name calling muppets cos I am sure you could be called a few insulting words also.

Does not matter how they look.
Take one back to meet you mum or family and watch the reaction you get.

I think most fat old guys know they look like s**t but take advantage of the advantages of the $.

Those that marry them; do they want a reminder of the 100 if not 1000s that have been there before???

It is a generalisation but it holds true for 80%. Inked girls in Thailand have been working girls at some point
We are all entitled to an opinion right or wrong.