Rain Gauge

Anyone know where to buy a rain gauge?

Also wet & dry thermometers?

Always been interested in meteorology since my days at sea and want to start keeping records for use with the farm.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

You could get a weather station here but actual guages i haven't seen any.

Brought mine over from Aus.

Like FJ  I got my rain gauge  in the uk from Amazon , they might be able to send one over here.

The only place I can think of  in Thailand would be the weekend market at Chatuchak in Bangkok.

(But not a lot of cop if you are in the top end of Issan )

9 hours ago, kickstart said:

Like FJ  I got my rain gauge  in the uk from Amazon , they might be able to send one over here.

The only place I can think of  in Thailand would be the weekend market at Chatuchak in Bangkok.

Thanks, I'm in north Chon Buri on border with Chachengsao. I'll have a look next time I'm in Bangkok.

Same here. I imported mine. I am more interested in a rain gauge in order to see if it has rained enough. Surprising how you can misjudge how much rain there was overnight or over the weekend when you were away..

I also have a weather station which plots results on my PC which gives me more information than I know what to do with.

(Edit). It should be easy enough to make one yourself, some kind of a funnel would be necessary.

Edited by cooked

On Wed May 17 2017 at 9:48 PM, kickstart said:

Been to JJ market a good few times and have never seen anything even remotely similar to what the OP's looking for. No disrespect intended... 

I have some neighbours who have 10 weatherstations in their garden, big ones....i thought they were testing them but my wife says they sell them.

If you want i can ask them how much they cost but it might take a while.

They can measure wind, water and much more i guess. Big things from 150-200 cm tall.

On 21/05/2017 at 1:52 AM, fruitman said:

I have some neighbours who have 10 weatherstations in their garden, big ones....i thought they were testing them but my wife says they sell them.

If you want i can ask them how much they cost but it might take a while.

They can measure wind, water and much more i guess. Big things from 150-200 cm tall.

If you would ask I'd be grateful. Where do you live?