Why is marriage in Thailand selfish?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Slow start, but it's picking up.

I expect 100 pages out of my effort.

lol you're going to lose because Trump is flavour of the year, anything concerning him is going to wipe out your 'feeble' efforts - you need to grab more pussies!

Totally wrong! It´s just because it comes so many dumb nuts here that can´t make a real life in thier own country, and automatically believes that they can treat people like shit in this country.

Sincerely hope you got your answer there.

Those are the ones that should consider to clean up the country by taking the first fligth back home and never look back.

5 hours ago, Kabula said:

I've lived in Bangkok, the playground for financially needy ladies for 12 years.  I lived with a Thai women for 7 years. Not one person that I have known, including her friends that married foreign man stayed together.  That includes Thai women that married and went back to their husband's home country. 

The Internet has made both men and women better dealers. Not healthy for relationships.  The worldwide economic retreat breaks up marriages, especially when the husband cuts the cash flow.

There is a reason why I said most!  There are always exceptions. 

I think it comes down to the the people in the couple.  I think allot of guys in Thailand get married to show off they have a young girl or dont want to be alone etc., but not in love.  I think if a person is really in love they work to make a relationship grow. I have several friends that are married to Thai women for 10+ years, including myself. I know a few more friends that have made it 20yrs in Thailand. However with all of these there are no drastic age gaps. I also know several guys that cant maintain a relationship. Hell they have a hard time getting along with others period!  I have one friend that  has been married 3 times in Thailand since I've known him which is about 15 years.  Now he is with a new girl who of course want to get married and says he is not getting married as he knows he will be moving on. It comes to down to getting married because of Love or just because.   

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Slow start, but it's picking up.

I expect 100 pages out of my effort.

Divorce rate Thailand:  1.4 per 1000 people.

Divorce rate  UK: 2

France: 2.1

Canada: 2.1

Germany: 2.3

Sweden: 2.5

Switzerland: 2.8

Belgium: 3.0

USA: 3.6

Divorce demography - Wikipedia

Seems like more people are getting "dumped" in the "civilized" west than in Thailand.

I wonder who they are?

Perhaps you would care to take your doting Thai wife back to Canada and find out?

Edited by Enoon

10 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Where Thai - Western marriage is concerned: Western women have a pretty myopic view, whereas Thai women can see the hidden attraction of having a husband 3 times their weight and at more than double their age.

Not to mention the husband being dumb enough to believe that their child bride is actually marrying them for their charming personality and physique

Personally I prefer to be dumb according to your definition and have a gorgeous young woman in my bed and having the best sex ever compared to living your definition of smart and have an old fat woman in my bed and never having sex. No brainer. But to each his own. 

Most marriage is selfish and stupid, by claiming ownership of someone and taking them out of circulation both now and in the future whether they like it or not is not natural.

For the purpose of child-rearing it may be useful, but for love its not necessary.

Divorce rate Thailand:  1.4 per 1000 people.

Divorce rate  UK: 2

France: 2.1

Canada: 2.1

Germany: 2.3

Sweden: 2.5

Switzerland: 2.8

Belgium: 3.0

USA: 3.6

Divorce demography - Wikipedia

Seems like more people are getting "dumped" in the "civilized" west than in Thailand.

I wonder who they are?

Perhaps you would care to take your doting Thai wife back to Canada and find out?

What do divorce rates have to do with topic at hand? So many women in Thailand stay married to alcoholics, abusers and being a 7th wife.

May as well post the low unemployment rates in Thailand for relevance.

12 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Women do as well. I have a female friend who had a baby with a loser and now she has to pay maintenance for him etc. Nightmare is the family laws of the nanny state

I think I'm on pretty safe ground saying the males who get screwed by family law outnumber the females 10 to 1.

Between them, my former wife and succeeding defacto took me for AUD 600,000. I can't say either of them did much to earn it.

My parents would have split up if it hadn't been for the kids.

That kind of thoughtfulness doesn't seem to be around any more. Divorce or split and let the kids be bounced back and forth seems the rule now. No wonder we have so many badly behaved kids around these days.

30 minutes ago, Keesters said:

My parents would have split up if it hadn't been for the kids.

That kind of thoughtfulness doesn't seem to be around any more. Divorce or split and let the kids be bounced back and forth seems the rule now. No wonder we have so many badly behaved kids around these days.

Children rowing up in a household where the parents are not happy together, arguing and fighting, that is not a healthy environment... and not fair on the children.. causing them great physiological stress.

It would be better for the parents to separate... and then get on with their lives.. and the children have more happy parents! 

14 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes we are getting older you and I but I still like to write left over from my youth. I still have not mastered the text language LOL

OK written my life down in what l say is a paper-back a book would be boring. :biggrin:

Wrote it really for my siblings from my 3 previous UK marriages.

My Thai marriage of nearly 14 years is no where near selfish and the best so far. :whistling: 

19 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

..and what is the divorce rate where you come from??   ...and what is the incidence of domestic violence where you come from... your question is loaded with false assumptions and prejudice..  people get married for the right and wrong reasons everywhere.. western countries are no exception..

yada yada yada .............

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

OK written my life down in what l say is a paper-back a book would be boring. :biggrin:

Wrote it really for my siblings from my 3 previous UK marriages.

My Thai marriage of nearly 14 years is no where near selfish and the best so far. :whistling: 

My my my you were a player weren't you. Any children with your Thai wife? which would indeed be a prize in her eyes. Yes in future years after we are gone stories will be told of our deeds and seven league trips to far countries where we swept fair maidens off of their feet. Our great grandchildren will sigh thinking about their glorious ancestors before going back to whatever will be called a "job" in the future. 

32 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

My my my you were a player weren't you. Any children with your Thai wife? which would indeed be a prize in her eyes. Yes in future years after we are gone stories will be told of our deeds and seven league trips to far countries where we swept fair maidens off of their feet.

Another story but no more children apart from my Thai step-son and my Thai adopted daughter.

Dunno about player when it came to marriage just went on with my life as the cards were dealt.

Work took me a few places but Thailand was a holiday and became my retired choice.

I have always enjoyed ladies company,  never cared much for man conversation or company unless it was about motorbikes or work.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Another story but no more children apart from my Thai step-son and my Thai adopted daughter.

Dunno about player when it came to marriage just went on with my life as the cards were dealt.

Work took me a few places but Thailand was a holiday and became my retired choice.

I have always enjoyed ladies company,  never cared much for man conversation or company unless it was about motorbikes or work.

Ditto

55 minutes ago, Panda13 said:

Gee. Human relationships are complicated... Who da guessed?

I was guessing wondering in my younger years about relationships with women now well like a jig saw puzzle life is finally falling into place. After having the privilege  talking to many of my peers I have a slight insight into relationships apart from actual experience. Then the wild card is that people's personalities/thinking change over the years. I have 2 friends whose wives called it quits after the children left the nest. They never saw it coming. 

4 hours ago, bazza73 said:

I think I'm on pretty safe ground saying the males who get screwed by family law outnumber the females 10 to 1.

Between them, my former wife and succeeding defacto took me for AUD 600,000. I can't say either of them did much to earn it.

You got to pay to play and the opposition is well aware of the rules. 

20 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Children rowing up in a household where the parents are not happy together, arguing and fighting, that is not a healthy environment... and not fair on the children.. causing them great physiological stress.

It would be better for the parents to separate... and then get on with their lives.. and the children have more happy parents! 

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I was unaware of my parents relationship difficulties until my adult life. They, as responsible parents with marriage difficulties, kept us children out of it. It is never better for parents to separate. It is better that they control themselves and think of their children rather than themselves.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:43 PM, davidst01 said:

Women do as well. I have a female friend who had a baby with a loser and now she has to pay maintenance for him etc. Nightmare is the family laws of the nanny state

Not wanting to know anything the only way she would be paying if she left the child with the loser 

On 5/21/2017 at 7:54 AM, bazza73 said:

This is why it's better here

Oh yes certainly one can get ripped off here & lose all but nothing like the above & still have to pay maintanance set by the women Lib & having to justify to them that you dont earn that much anymore 

Then you will also need to take out a loan when you are told to pay ex half your Super you havn't received yet 

Here it's called being able to control my own & personal situation & not have a bunch of Women Libs from the Nanny country do it for me