I loaned money to a Thai girl and have actually received some of it back.

bkk6060

2 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Essentially a variation on what was originally 'the long firm', as perfected by the criminal fraternity in the 1960's in the uk.

Falling for the scam is indicative of a lazy shallow moral free individual.

Making money from loan sharking your friend got his just desserts.

Thai criminals like criminals all over the world willl sift through the scams and try what they believe will work.

As for your insinuation re the police...clearly put in to get attention and support for your post.

I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west.

Did you read the book 'The Long Firm' They did it with electrical goods.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA thanks so much.  No way.  I lent her money that is it.  I am a little stupid, but not totally stupid. 

But, if you are interested PM me and I will give you her number if we break up.  She is hot and works in a bank!

Works in a bank hmm audit time. 

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA thanks so much.  No way.  I lent her money that is it.  I am a little stupid, but not totally stupid. 

But, if you are interested PM me and I will give you her number if we break up.  She is hot and works in a bank!

I have built a house, nice solid concrete wall house, and I didn't expect her to repay me, for a little Thai Gal up in Sisaket Province....... She is 30 with a 7 year old daughter, and I am 77 Y.O........... I have a Thai wife in the USA and a Mia-Noi in Pattaya (both 21 years), and I also would like to find a Younger Man for this younger lady....... She is a most loving mother to her daughter and a brother's son and I would love to find some guy to take care of her...... I like her very much but am not 'possessive' of her...... I just really want to help her....... and at 77 -- I won't be around long enough.......

She is 30 and has a slightly deformed right foot at birth due to her mom trying to 'Abort' her(unsuccessfully)  after the dad ran off.......... But she is perfectly normal in all other aspects and has a heart full of love.........

Any farangs interested in a ready made 'home and family' can PM me now...................

I've been with my girl for best part of 5 years now. I was always dreading the first request for a loan for her or her family as it would be met with refusal. I have never wanted to get into that habit. Just before Songkran her brother who lives in Bangkok called to say his car had broken down and he was looking for a THB 15,000 loan. This is the first time in 5 years I have been asked for a loan. 

Her brother is a postman in BKK with a lovely wife and 2 kids and I meet him every Songkran and have visited him in BKK also. He has an old Mercedes which I am sure is just a status thing. Feeling sorry for him that he wouldn't be able to get up north for Songkran I lent him the money. It was THB 15,000 to repair but he also wanted THB 60,000 to have the engine overhauled. I refused the THB 60,000 and told him he needed to ditch the status symbol and get a little Japanese runner.

I was promised that the loan would be paid back in 12 weeks. Yesterday he paid the loan in full after only 10 weeks. He is still clinging on to the Merc! :shock1:

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

same thing happened to a wealthy Thai lady i know she went to school with the lady that scammed her knew her 30 years done the same thing started with a million baht ended up with 10 million then disappeared and told my lady friend to sue her. NO MORALS OR PRINCEABALES.

2 hours ago, catman20 said:
14 hours ago, swissie said:

I have a story, possibly fitting into this thread.

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago

Ever since then, the Lady has dissappeared and can not be found.

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

And that is the end of the story.
Cheers.

same thing happened to a wealthy Thai lady i know she went to school with the lady that scammed her knew her 30 years done the same thing started with a million baht ended up with 10 million then disappeared and told my lady friend to sue her. NO MORALS OR PRINCEABALES.

Yup.................. You have plenty of these Also..................... Just pays to be careful.................. and if you have lived with them for a while helps (helps a little)...................

There is a big percentage of BAD experiences.......... But there a few GOOD experiences as well..................

edited  ---- for spelling of one word........

Edited by sawadeeken
spelling --- one word.......

15 hours ago, swissie said:

I have a story, possibly fitting into this thread.

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago

Ever since then, the Lady has dissappeared and can not be found.

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

And that is the end of the story.
Cheers.

Barstool Story:cheesy:

I have noticed some girls will ask to borrow, others just ask to give. I have learned not to loan money I cannot afford to give away. I have loaned money to 4 girls and 3 of them were sure to have repaid me right away on the day promised. One has actually loaned me money so I would not have to pay an ATM fee when out shopping. 

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA I love the responses. No, she actually has a job not some BG mistake.  If she paid 1/2 I believe the rest is coming.

Lot's of guys have  claimed to been screwed by these girls, I am just saying this one at least is trying to make good. If you read on TV every Thai girl is bad bad.  I do not think this one is and that is my point there may actually be some decent ladies out there.

I lent 50,000 to a Thai female friend.  She paid it all back.  
Very hot young woman, educated in Australia.  Never anything romantic between us though as I had a GF when I met her.
Point is of course that as with any nationality, some people will pay back their debts and some won't.

I expect you'll get the rest of the money your girl owes you.

About 20 years ago in Australia, I was having massages ( legitimate ) from a Thai woman. To cut a long story short, she needed $2000 related to immigration expenses, and didn't have the money. Scared of being deported.

I gave her $2000, on the basis she would work off the money in massages. It took her about 10 months to pay the $2000 down, and she kept records of each massage.

She later opened up a massage shop in the city, which was very successful. Every time I went there, I got a substantial discount on the usual price. Didn't matter if it was her or one of her girls doing the massage. She remembered I had done her a favour.

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA I love the responses. No, she actually has a job not some BG mistake.  If she paid 1/2 I believe the rest is coming.

Lot's of guys have  claimed to been screwed by these girls, I am just saying this one at least is trying to make good. If you read on TV every Thai girl is bad bad.  I do not think this one is and that is my point there may actually be some decent ladies out there.

Too  right  there  are !

The only  money  I have  lent that has never  been repaid was  to a   Farang. And  he  has  abused  me  for  not lending  him  more!

8 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I have built a house, nice solid concrete wall house, and I didn't expect her to repay me, for a little Thai Gal up in Sisaket Province....... She is 30 with a 7 year old daughter, and I am 77 Y.O........... I have a Thai wife in the USA and a Mia-Noi in Pattaya (both 21 years), and I also would like to find a Younger Man for this younger lady....... She is a most loving mother to her daughter and a brother's son and I would love to find some guy to take care of her...... I like her very much but am not 'possessive' of her...... I just really want to help her....... and at 77 -- I won't be around long enough.......

She is 30 and has a slightly deformed right foot at birth due to her mom trying to 'Abort' her(unsuccessfully)  after the dad ran off.......... But she is perfectly normal in all other aspects and has a heart full of love.........

Any farangs interested in a ready made 'home and family' can PM me now...................

In life, there are nice guys and f#####g nice guys. This one is the latter.

8 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Congratulations this has to be the story of the week. I am trying to figure out if your a humanitarian or an old rogue but you seem to have a heart of gold. 

22 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

So a friend if yours whos eife lives in your home country. You sometimes bridge the gap. For favours recived or 10%p/a. Does your friend know about you paying his wife?.

Ps read that story on another expat site about 4 years ago only it was euros not bhat. The old ones are the best.

I wouldn't dream of giving her the money. I transfer it to his Kasikorn Account.

BTW: Next year he will be eligible for Pension Benefits. Will cover basic living expenses, but no "extras" like a good health insurance. Oh well, living on the edge...........
Cheers.

13 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Essentially a variation on what was originally 'the long firm', as perfected by the criminal fraternity in the 1960's in the uk.

Falling for the scam is indicative of a lazy shallow moral free individual.

Making money from loan sharking your friend got his just desserts.

Thai criminals like criminals all over the world willl sift through the scams and try what they believe will work.

As for your insinuation re the police...clearly put in to get attention and support for your post.

I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west.

I had a bomb thrown onto my second floor balcony by a Thai soldier who was screwing my English friends Thai wife, the police wanted twenty thousand to arrest him.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

I wouldn't dream of giving her the money. I transfer it to his Kasikorn Account.

BTW: Next year he will be eligible for Pension Benefits. Will cover basic living expenses, but no "extras" like a good health insurance. Oh well, living on the edge...........
Cheers.

So let me get this straight she is working in your home country to pay off someone elses debt. You subsidised her when she was short directly into his account. So he knows its from you. Were is her husband living by tbe way home country or Thailand?

1 hour ago, ableguy said:

I had a bomb thrown onto my second floor balcony by a Thai soldier who was screwing my English friends Thai wife, the police wanted twenty thousand to arrest him.

Why would he throw a bomb on your balcony if he was screwing your mates wife? you dipping in there as well?

1 hour ago, ableguy said:

All normal occurrences just pay up and it will all be ok.

13 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

So let me get this straight she is working in your home country to pay off someone elses debt. You subsidised her when she was short directly into his account. So he knows its from you. Were is her husband living by tbe way home country or Thailand?

He lives in Thailand. It's not a question of paying off someones dept, it is about keeping him financially afloat until he gets his monthly pension. Sometimes, friends help each other out in times of need. So, basically a boring situation, not fit to construct a 3-some "soap-opera". Sorry.

Cheers. 

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:
12 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Congratulations this has to be the story of the week. I am trying to figure out if your a humanitarian or an old rogue but you seem to have a heart of gold. 

This Post is 100% honest........ If there are any farangs (40 - 60 year old) with just enough monthly income to buy groceries and would like to slip into a ready made family (with home) I would be so happy to see something good in her future.

Her father ran off when he learned the mom was pregnant, the abortion attempt, born with a minor deformed right foot, the mother died in her mid-teens so she cuddles her 7 year old daughter like she wished her mom could do with her............ Now she has inherited a 3 year old boy from a younger brother whose wife ran off.......... That boy gets the same affection..............

Her place is out in the country, so a guy would need to have a bit of 'country boy' in him......................

PM me if you care to know more................... sawadeeken

On 5/19/2017 at 8:56 AM, bkk6060 said:

Well you WILL break up with her (or her you) if that's how you think about her. The grass isn't always greener. Don't have any regrets, Thats all I'm saying. Hard to find a good girl to love in life that loves you as well.

Edited by fordguy61mi

I have lent money to a good number of Thai women and been paid back. However, I was their employer at the time, so that made it harder not to return the money. They could have just quit though and I could not have done much about it. I only did it if I was willing to lose the money, but I never did.