Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Of course it is a fact. It is not my opinion. I witnessed it. 

I have a feeling that you accept very little as being true if it doesn't coincide with your already held belief.  Therein lies the problem. You're exactly the same as the Trump nuts but you'll never see it.

I accept very little as being true if it's somebody's comment on an anonymous internet forum. LOL.  Especially when the claim can't be backed up.

Perhaps you were watching Russia Today? LOL

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Payroll of the news outlet.  Makes sense.  I just watched a panel on CNN.  They are clearly labeled.  Most were clearly labeled as working for CNN and one was labeled as a Republican political analyst. 

I was speaking about the election where Hillary Clinton spent 1.2 Billion dollars. I don't think she's spending any money now.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I accept very little as being true if it's somebody's comment on an anonymous internet forum. LOL.  Especially when the claim can't be backed up.

Perhaps you were watching Russia Today? LOL

I watch every University of Washington football game that I don't attend. Every Seattle Seahawks game. 50 baseball games per year plus the post season.  I only caught 9/11 because it was during the Huskies football season. No, I do not watch Russia Today. But I'm going to visit Russia again next year.

17 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I don't normally like panels, nor many pundits.  A few are OK though.  I rarely watch TV news.  Sadly, many of the media outlets today are click bait.  And many fall for it.

There is a lot of click bait on internet news, and the more you click on it the more you will be flooded with it.  That's why I note if the link is from a reputable source and if it is "sponsored" before clicking.  I save a lot of time that way.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Me and others may enjoy some lighter Sunday morning reading. Do you have the link to Sasquatch picking through the bin at Dairy Queen.

C’mon, man. The place was closed and I was hungry, and it’s freakin’ Winnipeg, Man—the next Dairy Queen was twenty miles away! 

15 hours ago, Thakkar said:

C’mon, man. The place was closed and I was hungry, and it’s freakin’ Winnipeg, Man—the next Dairy Queen was twenty miles away! 

FAKE NEWS! We have 15 Dairy Queens inside the city.

19 hours ago, heybruce said:

There is a lot of click bait on internet news, and the more you click on it the more you will be flooded with it.  That's why I note if the link is from a reputable source and if it is "sponsored" before clicking.  I save a lot of time that way.

That touches on a good point.  On the one hand, it's good that the 1st Amendment allows any American to speak their minds about issues.  It's the opposite in many countries, including China, S.Arabia, Iran, Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, and so on.

But opinions and news are usually two different things.   Unfortunately, most Americans can't (or don't want to) discern between mainstream news (which has methods for getting 'sources' and 'evidence') and the stuff which masquerades as news on Youtube.   That's a big reason why Russian hackers got so much traction - when trashing HRC and propping up the Dufus in 2016.

Indeed, Russian interference was so effective in 2016, that they will surely continue to do similar things in '18 and 2020.  China may also be learning a few things in that dept. (....about how easy it is to sway US voters).

Meanwhile, don't expect Trump or Sessions to lift a finger to try to remedy the situation.  If they lift a finger, it will be their middle fingers, aimed at Americans.

11 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Trump refuses to sign the sanctions on Russia imposed by congress

He did sign the sanctions law but also issued a Presidential Signing Statement that the law is "seriously flawed" and "improperly encroaches on executive power" (ie., unconstitutional).

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-sanctions-mccain-cardin-letter-2017-10

Other than Congress suing Trump to enforce the law, there seems little recourse to make him do so, aside from a Supreme Court ruling.

http://www.libertylawsite.org/2014/05/07/the-presidents-non-enforcement-power/

Failing to abide by a Supreme Court ruling, the President might be held in contempt of Court. But there's a lot of "blue sky" with that scenario.

http://conlaw1.blogspot.com/2008/11/could-president-be-held-in-contempt.html

18 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

" (ie., unconstitutional). "  I'm really happy to see someone finally say that after all these years on this board. Most of the posters here seem to think Executive Orders are only unconstitutional if the party they don't like utilizes them.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

A question for our American friends:

- Can the POTUS alone order the firing of ballistic missiles and other major war weapons /or order an invasion etc?

Or is there a countersigning process, perhaps a panel of the very top military leaders? 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

- Can the POTUS alone order the firing of ballistic missiles and other major war weapons /or order an invasion etc?

Or is there a countersigning process, perhaps a panel of the very top military leaders? 

If Trump gives the order to launch, missiles will be on their way towards their targets within minutes.  Once launched the missiles can not be stopped, diverted or destroyed any any existing fail-safe systems or technology.  Having the missiles on a hair trigger is the key to making MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) an effective deterrent.

Once Trump gives the order, nothing short of an immediate high-level military mutiny will stop nuclear war.  That has always been my top reason for opposing electing Trump, and it is my top reason for having him removed from office ASAP.

Can the POTUS alone order the firing of ballistic missiles and other major war weapons /or order an invasion etc?

Yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/11/can-congress-stop-trump-from-launching-a-nuclear-attack-on-north-korea/?utm_term=.9d1dd43f693e

No. The President is the commander-in-chief of all military armed forces.

Unfortunately looks like he will not be impeached (while in office) or forced to resign.

My thoughts go to will he be unopposed as the Republican candidate in the next election? thinking he will discretely be asked to stand down and being so big headed will refuse that the republican party will so split with a number of challengers in probably one of the worst primary campaigns for mud slinging that will see the democrats controlling not only the presidency but both houses for decades... 

Dow surges 190 points, hits record high after Caterpillar and 3M beat the Street.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/us-stock-futures-earnings-fed-chair-position-tax-reform-on-wall-street-agenda.html

As a white angry old man, living on a IRA, what ACA, what DACA, what anthems, what 'Mad Hatter' race baiting. I am voting with my money. Screw all the 'high minded', no do anything, Trump haters.

9 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Dow surges 190 points, hits record high after Caterpillar and 3M beat the Street.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/us-stock-futures-earnings-fed-chair-position-tax-reform-on-wall-street-agenda.html

As a white angry old man, living on a IRA, what ACA, what DACA, what anthems, what 'Mad Hatter' race baiting. I am voting with my money. Screw all the 'high minded', no do anything, Trump haters.

How did that euphoria work out in 2008?

1 hour ago, Kim1950 said:

So, you cite the continuation of the Obama economic recovery as a reason to support Trump and his long list of unfulfilled promises?

More important, you are happy to give an irrational orange orangutan the ability to end civilization because it's good for your retirement plans?

Edited by heybruce

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

You can do the research without being an American....

In fact it was a Democrat President who unilaterally declared war on North Korea back in the 50's.

The Hill, rated as centre, says the following.....

Beginning with President Truman's decision to go to war against North Korea without congressional approval, U.S. presidents of both parties have unilaterally ordered the use of military force. As George Washington correctly recognized, the Constitution "vests the power of declaring war with Congress; therefore no offensive expedition of importance can be authorized until they [Congress] have deliberated upon the subject, and authorized such a measure." Washington had it right — the drafters of the Constitution only intended for presidents to act unilaterally in an emergency, when there was no time to consult Congress.

I don't believe Trump would act alone in declaring war on NK, and only the hysterical haters would be saying that.  There is plenty of time to consult Congress, and that is that path it will take, or perhaps is being taken.

The cracks are widening.  Support is falling away.  Investigations are continuing.  Even if Trump makes it the next 3 years, nothing will get done.  He's even pissed off the military.  If he gave the order, not so sure those around him would follow.

Worth watching these short videos.  Stunning.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/corker-interview-manu-best-lines/index.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/jeff-flake-retirement-arizona/index.html

The last one got a standing ovation.

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yes he can.  When the President gives the order, the Secretary of Defense is required to verify that it is indeed the president who has given the order.  However SECDEF has no power to override the decision.  Nor does anyone else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Codes

Edited by Kelsall

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

In fact it was a Democrat President who unilaterally declared war on North Korea back in the 50's.

Never happened.

POTUS can't declare war.  Truman committed troops and Congress extended the commitment. Declaring war can only be done by Congress and there was never a declaration of war against NK.

Since about 1973 or 1974,the Pres can send in troops and launch military action for a limited time, then it goes to Congress.

Check the War Powers Act. 

9 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

You can do the research without being an American....

The Hill, rated as centre, says the following.....

Beginning with President Truman's decision to go to war against North Korea without congressional approval, U.S. presidents of both parties have unilaterally ordered the use of military force. As George Washington correctly recognized, the Constitution "vests the power of declaring war with Congress; therefore no offensive expedition of importance can be authorized until they [Congress] have deliberated upon the subject, and authorized such a measure." Washington had it right — the drafters of the Constitution only intended for presidents to act unilaterally in an emergency, when there was no time to consult Congress.

I don't believe Trump would act alone in declaring war on NK, and only the hysterical haters would be saying that.  There is plenty of time to consult Congress, and that is that path it will take, or perhaps is being taken.

The question was not about Korea.  The question was "Can the POTUS alone order the firing of ballistic missiles and other major war weapons /or order an invasion etc?"

Regarding ballistic missiles, the answer is clearly yes. 

"The news that the Clinton campaign and the DNC helped to fund the Steele Dossier adds a twist in that the research that Clinton helped to pay for may end up helping to bring down Trump. The fact that Steele wasn’t interfered with, or directed by electoral politics only adds to the credibility of the verified parts of his research"

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/24/hillary-clintons-revenge-arrives-steele-dossier-silver-bullet-heart-trump.html

Hell No, the self-righteous progressives in Government and the Media seem to justify any breach of law in the name of 'Inspired Know-It-Alls. Now, Eric Holder flat says he has no problem in the DOJ funneling corporate penalties to liberal groups. Next up, no problem leveraging the IRS against Conservative Groups.  No problem, we had our intelligence agencies tapping and un-redacting phones messages. The DNC and the FBI fund negative 'dirt-digging' against Trump. Now, all the Clinton Foundation and Russia deals and payoffs seem to now come into the news. On and on, there's more stories. If anything, have Trump flame out draining this swamp of business as usual.

Hell No, the self-righteous progressives in Government and the Media seem to justify any breach of law in the name of 'Inspired Know-It-Alls. Now, Eric Holder flat says he has no problem in the DOJ funneling corporate penalties to liberal groups. Next up, no problem leveraging the IRS against Conservative Groups.  No problem, we had our intelligence agencies tapping and un-redacting phones messages. The DNC and the FBI fund negative 'dirt-digging' against Trump. Now, all the Clinton Foundation and Russia deals and payoffs seem to now come into the news. On and on, there's more stories. If anything, have Trump flame out draining this swamp of business as usual.

Been watching faux again huh?

Impeach 45!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Believe me, I understand your frustration. It’s a real pain when TvForums don’t allow links to Alex Jones’ InfoWars and we have to transcribe all the crazy talk.