Just another day on Thai roads - pick-up driver posts warning video as truck trailer weaves down southern road

webfact

Just another day on Thai roads - pick-up driver posts warning video as truck trailer weaves down southern road

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- A Thai Facebook user said he was posting a video as a warning for other drivers after he filmed a truck trailer weaving along a road in the south of Thailand.

"Chanatit Kerdmek" in a pick-up provides a running commentary as his dash cam films the truck going left and right, undertaking and driving recklessly.

He posted that the truck driver was sounding his horn and flashing his lights to make smaller vehicles get out of his way.

The footage was filmed Saturday afternoon on the road between Nakon Srithammarat and Thung Song.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-22

1 hour ago, webfact said:

... the truck driver was sounding his horn and flashing his lights to make smaller vehicles get out of his way.

Yup. did it myself this morning.

Will probably have to do it again this afternoon.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"Chanatit Kerdmek" in a pick-up provides a running commentary as his dash cam films the truck going left and right, undertaking and driving recklessly.

It seemed like a normal day at the office to me. He was driving no more recklessly than this moron with a dashcam following him.

50 minutes ago, Stocky said:

It seemed like a normal day at the office to me. He was driving no more recklessly than this moron with a dashcam following him.

Exactly what I was thinking while watching, at least the truck was indicating before changing lanes, I bet he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

ซ้าย ขวา ซ้าย ขวา... I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

How else are you supposed to get anywhere if the guy in the outside lane won't move over?

This is Thailand not Switzerland.

Edited by Stocky

How else are you supposed to get anywhere if the guy in the outside lane won't move over?
This is Thailand not Switzerland.

Teaching...Regulating the road speed Law and educating how to drive like in Switzerland.

6 hours ago, Stocky said:

The stopping distance of a lorry+trailer in the dry is estimated at about 360 ft at 60mph / 96kmh

A car at the same speed = 220 ft. 

That is an extra 140 ft in which the lorry can crush another vehicle. 

The pickup truck is driving well within the limits of the vehicle and road. The Articulated lorry is driving well beyond them. 

This driver needs to be taken off the road before he kills someone. And he will kill someone, he will blame the rain, he will blame break failure, he will blame anything except the real reason which is his potentially fatal disregard for road safety. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Articulated lorry is driving well beyond them. 

He and god knows how many million others! This is a normal day in the office for THAILAND,  this ain't Switzerland!

The dashcam footage is totally unremarkable.

Edited by Stocky

1 hour ago, billy54 said:

Have i lived here too long ? as i couldn't find much wrong with it ,only a moron with a camera 

Thats called "Social Stockholm Syndrome"... you have become so desensitized by stupidity it has become your norm.

How is the guy who videoed this a moron? With more actions like this he (along with others) will make the roads safer for you, I and many others to travel on. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats called "Social Stockholm Syndrome"... you have become so desensitized by stupidity it has become your norm.

How is the guy who videoed this a moron? With more actions like this he (along with others) will make the roads safer for you, I and many others to travel on. 

Yawn!

1 minute ago, Stocky said:

He and god knows how many million others! This is a normal day in the office for THAILAND,  this ain't Switzerland!

The dashcam footage is totally unremarkable.

Would it have been remarkable if he had plowed into the back of another vehicle ?...  Because with this driving such a disaster with potentially tragic consequences is only a moment away. 

Yes, this is a normal day on the Thai roads... but it 'shouldn't' be and with more attention we will hopefully see some improvement. 

The trucker was trying to get to his work place, and the other drivers did not help him get there any faster.  I agree

that this is a boring video and I do hope that the poster used his signal lights for every time he changed lanes as well.

I have been in mini buses between Bangkok and Hua Hin, and Bangkok to Pattaya that drove more reckless than this

truck driver.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How is the guy who videoed this a moron?

Racing along at the same speed and way too close to the truck without any way of knowing what obstacles are ahead of the truck.

In addition, saying 'sai and 'kwah' when we can already see the trucks turn signals and movements.