some advise needed on a sales gone rogue online

Dirk_brijs

Hi guys

hope this is the place to post this as I am not aware of any legal advise group?

Anyway on May 2nd I have placed an order through a Facebook conversation with a Bangkok Based shirt maker and printer

The order was for 30 polos and 30 caps as well for our sports team which was playing a large tournament from May 19-21

I had cleared with the person talking to making sure the dates  for delivery would be well within the start of the tournament and was guaranteed delivery on the 13th of May which in my opinion is a normal delivery time for designing some polos and caps. On may 10 I was informed polos and caps delayed to may 16th but nothing to worry they will be ready guaranteed.

on May 18 he comes with some excuse his factory is flooded but not to worry tomorrow they will be delivered 10000% guaranteed. Well this tomorrow tomorrow story kept going until Mayb 20th so second day tournament and our sponsor who paid for these polos and caps (8000baht deposit was made as advance on may 2nd)

On may 21 st no polos and caps ready at what oint I mentioned we have no longer any need of those pols and as they were not ready yet we asked for a refund which again we are asured yes sir we refund you right away.......well its May 22nd night now and just received a message from him he is having some issues and will send me the money for sure by the end of the week..........

I have enough of this BS now and want to see what ,y legal options are? report to police station as what? or lawyer?

I know the amount might jot be massive but its a principle this guy has had enougn BS and want to see how I can put some pressure on him.....

Please only serious replies not the regular let it be and move on BS I heard it before......

Thanks guys for those sending serious advise.

This is very common here. I guess you can only keep posting in FB until he refunds because there is no proper sales contract and just money transferred is not enough to proof anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just now, shady86 said:

This is very common here. I guess you can only keep posting in FB until he refunds because there is no proper sales contract and just money transferred is not enough to proof anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

well guess not he did send some proper quotations and invoices for payment.

4 minutes ago, Dirk_brijs said:

can one make a report at the police station to start things of?

Dollars to donuts the cops will tell you it's a contract matter, and they don't get involved unless it's a criminal matter.

I'd go with CharlieH's post above the one I quoted...  If only because it's the "correct procedure".

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Dollars to donuts the cops will tell you it's a contract matter, and they don't get involved unless it's a criminal matter.

I'd go with CharlieH's post above the one I quoted...  If only because it's the "correct procedure".

Is stealing money online not considered a criminal matter?

Products paid but never delivered....

7 minutes ago, Dirk_brijs said:

It's wrong, but not meeting a delivery deadline is hardly criminal.  You're the one that said you no longer want the products delivered.  As for the refund, it's been less than a week.  That hardly shows criminal intent, especially if flooding did get in the way of producing the goods and running around cancelling the order.  Presumably, the vendor is out the money for materials and it may take some time to scrape together your refund.  That seems pretty reasonable.

Edited by impulse

5 minutes ago, Dirk_brijs said:

Not never delivered - just not yet delivered on time... difficult and annoying for you, I am sure - - and if you are looking for a simple, immediate solution it is not likely there... somehow, I don't think you are looking for future advice... 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's wrong, but not meeting a delivery deadline is hardly criminal.  You're the one that said you no longer want the products delivered.  As for the refund, it's been less than a week.  That hardly shows criminal intent, especially if flooding did get in the way of producing the goods and running around cancelling the order.  Presumably, the vendor is out the money for materials and it may take some time to scrape together your refund.  That seems pretty reasonable.

not meeting a delivery deadline or 5 I think it was. What annoys me the most is the way he kept saying yes sure 1000% sure by that day when the day was there oh no 1000% in 2 days and so on and so on. If he would have said he cant deliver I would have had a chance to order somewhere else to have those items ready in time (many fabricators can deliver polos in 4-5 days time) I was not the one canceled the order he suggested a full and immediate refund on the 20th already and he would refund 1000% that day. On Sunday I checked and he said 1000% on Monday so I checked again he said he needs a few days but it will be done 1000% by Thursday...its Thursday night now and he said 1000% by tomorrow????.....I feel like the guy is taking a piss........Maybe I need to piss back?

And these polos were arranged for a corporate sponsored event so the event took place without any name branding for the corporate sponsor you think he is interested in sponsoring again in the future?

Anyway its seems to be nowadays all rights go to the criminals and what the victims whine about right.....Leaving a computer in the car is asking for it to be stolen what were you thinking, that poor thief had no choice to smash in your window and take it YOU asked for it.......

17 minutes ago, Dirk_brijs said:

And these polos were arranged for a corporate sponsored event so the event took place without any name branding for the corporate sponsor you think he is interested in sponsoring again in the future?

Did your sponsor leave it until the last moment to sponsor you ? You know, the same way that you left it too late to order safely your shirts etc ?

Had you planned accordingly, this would never of happened - I feel a lot of this is down to your bad practice.

As such, you are right, as a sponsor, I would not want to be associated with a "lastminute.com" company.

2 hours ago, Dirk_brijs said:

not meeting a delivery deadline or 5 I think it was. What annoys me the most is the way he kept saying yes sure 1000% sure by that day when the day was there oh no 1000% in 2 days and so on and so on. If he would have said he cant deliver I would have had a chance to order somewhere else to have those items ready in time (many fabricators can deliver polos in 4-5 days time) I was not the one canceled the order he suggested a full and immediate refund on the 20th already and he would refund 1000% that day. On Sunday I checked and he said 1000% on Monday so I checked again he said he needs a few days but it will be done 1000% by Thursday...its Thursday night now and he said 1000% by tomorrow????.....I feel like the guy is taking a piss........Maybe I need to piss back?

Anyway its seems to be nowadays all rights go to the criminals and what the victims whine about right.....Leaving a computer in the car is asking for it to be stolen what were you thinking, that poor thief had no choice to smash in your window and take it YOU asked for it.......

Just thank your lucky stars your not dealing with an Indian company, no hesitation to take your order and your money, all with amazing promises, and all with over the top politeness etc., and with no intention whatever to make or send the products.

On the other hand they are quite clever at dreaming up wild stories / new excuses not heard before. 

'We sent the products, it's waiting for you to pick up at Thai customs office, but it's now past deadline pick up time but we can help you, just transfer the delayed pick up fee / fine money and we'll send it to Thai customs for you.' 

Edited by scorecard

17 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Did your sponsor leave it until the last moment to sponsor you ? You know, the same way that you left it too late to order safely your shirts etc ?

Had you planned accordingly, this would never of happened - I feel a lot of this is down to your bad practice.

As such, you are right, as a sponsor, I would not want to be associated with a "lastminute.com" company.

oh ok so maybe next time we need to organize our event 3 years in advance to get some polos produced?

Thank for that advise I am sure it wont happen again now.......

what a dumb comment dude you even have an idea of what the general delivery time is for an order of a few polos.....as I said plent guys who deliver within a 5-7 period for just polos with not too complicated prints...... (we asked for 12 day delivery time which was 1000% guaranteed)

So please dude .........thanks

6 hours ago, Dirk_brijs said:

oh ok so maybe next time we need to organize our event 3 years in advance to get some polos produced?

Thank for that advise I am sure it wont happen again now.......

what a dumb comment dude you even have an idea of what the general delivery time is for an order of a few polos.....as I said plent guys who deliver within a 5-7 period for just polos with not too complicated prints...... (we asked for 12 day delivery time which was 1000% guaranteed)

So please dude .........thanks

If you had the slightest business acumen, you would know that 1000% is ridiculous.

If you had the slightest business acumen, you would know that 1000% is ridiculous.

Ah that's where he went wrong he didn't realize % were infinite! Otherwise all this would have been solved already.

That's sarcasm by the way.

Seriously the guy ordered the shirts and caps and was told they could deliver in time.

Only fault is Thais very rarely say No to a farang when been asked for something.

Hindsight find somewhere local, check their products and pay a % deposit.