Just a small "chassis" but beautiful female mechanic wowing the boys in Korat!

webfact

Just a small "chassis" but beautiful female mechanic wowing the boys in Korat!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- A beautiful female mechanic in Korat has swapped an office life with AIS for the grease and machinery of a downtown car workshop.

Now "Nong Khao Fang" is up her ears in grease and brake pads as she repairs cars in the Hua Talee sub-district of the north eastern Thai province, reported Thai Rath.

Thai Rath reporters caught up with her as she was adeptly repairing a wheel and putting on some new brake pads. The news media said she was as good as any man at her job.

But Khao Fang - real name Phawida Yainguleuam, 24, - is not just one of the employees. She is the owner of Santi Pha Brake (Brake pads) after she took on the family business of her 51 year old father.

Khao Fang did a bachelor's degree in marketing at a Korat university then went to work at mobile firm AIS for a year. Now she is back doing what she likes best.

She said that men who come to the shop are often surprised especially as she is quite small but no one complains about her work.

She handles brake pads, oil changes, suspension issues and a host of under chassis work.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-23

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the 70's back home in Canada when stories would pop up about female mechanics working with in a male dominated field. 40 years later and the same type of stories appear in Thailand. They sure have a lot of catching up to do.

“Just a small ‘chassis’ but beautiful female mechanic wowing the boys in Korat!

Never miss a chance to get in a sexist comment. 

Hopefully, her work will be judged on her mechanical skills, and not on the size of her "chassis".

Edited by jaltsc

2 hours ago, ezflip said:

This reminds me of the 70's back home in Canada when stories would pop up about female mechanics working with in a male dominated field. 40 years later and the same type of stories appear in Thailand. They sure have a lot of catching up to do.

baby steps, don't want more disenfranchised women like Germaine Greer produced after 'burn the bra'

Great....but I prefer someone trained as an automobile mechanic and no a degree to work on my cars.  I am sure she would be would be great if she did get this training.  Women should work in this field...but that is no excuse for lack of training.

3 hours ago, ezflip said:

Remember the calendars in the Auto repair shops years ago? Rather softened the blow when they handed you the bill. 

2 hours ago, harrry said:

Great....but I prefer someone trained as an automobile mechanic and no a degree to work on my cars.  I am sure she would be would be great if she did get this training.  Women should work in this field...but that is no excuse for lack of training.

It was her Dads business so she would have no doubt have been training ever since she could walk.

And her qualifications are?  Not knocking her for having a go but before she touched my car I'd want to know that she knew exactly what she was doing.  What redress if something went wrong?  Like most things here, not much.  And no, not Thai basing, just being realistic.:wai:

2 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

And her qualifications are?  Not knocking her for having a go but before she touched my car I'd want to know that she knew exactly what she was doing.  What redress if something went wrong?  Like most things here, not much.  And no, not Thai basing, just being realistic.:wai:

Yes i smell some Thai bashing here mate...so you want qualified mechanics working on cars?? Well wait untill the established users come out to tell you how negativ you are. 

She looks good, her father had a brakepad shop and she's thai so of course she's qualified to touch carbrakes.

I bet she also can change brakediscs or even make them flat again. She also is qualified for working with hydraulic systems i bet and knows very well how to see if a brakehose is still good or has haircracks. 

54 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Yes i smell some Thai bashing here mate...so you want qualified mechanics working on cars?? Well wait untill the established users come out to tell you how negativ you are. 

She looks good, her father had a brakepad shop and she's thai so of course she's qualified to touch carbrakes.

I bet she also can change brakediscs or even make them flat again. She also is qualified for working with hydraulic systems i bet and knows very well how to see if a brakehose is still good or has haircracks. 

I wouldn't call it Thai bashing

This is why I take my Toyota to Toyota who have been trained properly - (for warranty & insurance) Because I would wonder if the rest of them here  would  understand torqueing & velocities ( i wanted my break fluid on motor bike changed (even showed them the service schedule in Thai ) but they said it was ok )

Even though shes a looker her qualifications are that she got some sort of a degree & that her father owns the business ' so not that much difference to the west as i've put up with watching people & non citizens go to Tafe for a course & end up with a job way before a skilled or qualified tradesman  

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I bet she also can change brakediscs or even make them flat again. She also is qualified for working with hydraulic systems i bet and knows very well how to see if a brakehose is still good or has hair cracks. 

Given your response I find that it's content cannot be taken seriously, you're just having a lend, aren't you?  :bah:    :wai:

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

I wouldn't call it Thai bashing

This is why I take my Toyota to Toyota who have been trained properly - (for warranty & insurance) Because I would wonder if the rest of them here  would  understand torqueing & velocities ( i wanted my break fluid on motor bike changed (even showed them the service schedule in Thai ) but they said it was ok )

Even though shes a looker her qualifications are that she got some sort of a degree & that her father owns the business ' so not that much difference to the west as i've put up with watching people & non citizens go to Tafe for a course & end up with a job way before a skilled or qualified tradesman  

You are joking right?

Have you actually asked to see the Toyota Genuine Technician's Diploma?

Some of the worst mechanics work in big Brand Name franchises. Some of the best are small independents.

And vise versa. You cannot generalize.

TG, mechanic and machinist with 40 years experience.

8 hours ago, harrry said:

I doubt she learned auto mechanics in her marketing classes, but she did take over her father's business; perhaps he trained her.

"................................... and a host of under chassis work" And of course we all know what kind of service many TV

members would like to have done. 5555 

10 hours ago, harrry said:

Agreed.  Lots of experience, growing up working on cars, driving crap then fixing it and understanding how things work can be a big help too.  Your typical girl won't have that sort of background typically.