Police post 27 checkpoints across Bangkok

snoop1130

Police post 27 checkpoints across Bangkok

By The Nation

ecfa59913104d42cf01f28292adbe3bb-sld.jpeg

Deputy national police chief Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said security checkpoints would be set up at 27 locations in the capital to operate 24 hours a day in response to Monday’s bombing.

The checkpoints include those at Army headquarters, the Civil Service Commission opposite Government House, Mor Chit Skytrain Station, Central Ladprao department store, Suvarnabhumi Airport, On Nut Road and Seacon Square department store.

Meanwhile, Athikom Intuputi, secretary-general of the Office of Judiciary, said safety measures at the Ratchadapisek Court compound had been strengthened following the hospital attack on Monday.

Cars entering and exiting the compound would be checked, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30316084

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-23

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are some shopping Malls which check my car when I drive in.... 

They only ever look underneath at one side and never look in any of the bags in the boot etc... 

I believe I have said this before in other Posts but "Security Checks" in Thailand are basically a total waste of time.

I often go to major Hotels for lunch - and occasionally Dinner - and many have "Security Guards" stationed at the entrance who will stop me and solemnly roll their "mirror on wheels" under my car, obviously looking for explosives (whilst they are chatting together / texting on their 'Phones at the same time).

Unfortunately the vast majority of these people left School at 16 or so and have zero training in actual , professional, Security work (to be fair they earn probably a maximum of Baht 15,000.- a month so one cannot really expect anything else) however they would not recognise a Bomb unless it was clearly labeled "BOMB" ............. but in Thai script of course!

Patrick