PM Prayut warns that election may be postponed if there is no peace in the country

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, two things. First, all the things he mentioned are happening on his watch, so how is that different from when he wasn't in charge?  Second, this has all the scenarios of some movies where the people in charge keep creating incidents, news, etc.  that justifies them being in power.  Does the move V for Vendetta ring a bell?

Yes the V for Vendetta comes into play when all else fails. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the prime minister asked, adding: “I cannot dictate myself; everyone must cooperate to advance toward the same destination.

He is really doing a good job dictating and the rest of the statement I am sure we all understand where he is going with it. I think there are only a few heading in the direction of his destination. Supreme and ultimate control. There is still a lot of the military in his system that will never flush out. 

Edited by elgordo38

He asked the people not to let the government to set everything. “I used to say that as quick as possible and if that cannot be done, the people must say so. I cannot force everybody to walk toward democracy,” he said.

This is loosing something in the translation. 

The prime minister warned provincial administrations not to expect that they could get big amounts of budget for the development of their respective provinces because the government doesn’t know where to get the money to meet all their wishes.

After all the military spending this answer has to be a sick joke. 

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

... Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, is reported to be the world's richest monarch with a net worth of around $40 billion.

That's some salary........or not!

Another one obviously playing with their phone while in history class.

dunce.jpg.0160f74841792c792bd986227fc31cea.jpg

Edited by NanLaew

I blame this latest election revision/evasion on those pesky nurses that want more money as well as get on the government worker gravy train. You know, the pretty ones with perky boobs that resign as soon as they are blamed for fomenting unrest... although they never did.

Like the Army Chief of Staff a few days ago, just setting the scene for holding onto power longer. Always looking for excuses for delays, despite what they have told the world and their own people.

An old saying "speaking with a forked tongue" comes to mind. :sad:

They would have much more money for helping the poor if they (the military) were not hell bent on spending 36 billion baht on a purchase of dubious value! :post-4641-1156693976:

2 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Like the Army Chief of Staff a few days ago, just setting the scene for holding onto power longer. Always looking for excuses for delays, despite what they have told the world and their own people.

An old saying "speaking with a forked tongue" comes to mind. :sad:

They would have much more money for helping the poor if they (the military) were not hell bent on spending 36 billion baht on a purchase of dubious value! :post-4641-1156693976:

Don't forget the tanks!  But obviously they're gonna need those soon enough once the population realises just to what depths the junta will sink to cling on to power.  Yesterday a bomb, and tomorrow who knows what they'll do. 

the three people in the country who actually believe he and his cronies will ever give up power must be disappointed. though it really is moot, given they way they have entrenched army power in the constitution anyways.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I blame this latest election revision/evasion on those pesky nurses that want more money as well as get on the government worker gravy train. You know, the pretty ones with perky boobs that resign as soon as they are blamed for fomenting unrest... although they never did.

Well they have now brought the doctors out of the woodwork as well. Might there be other overworked under paid lurking there.

Come on now people, we all know that if you ask a Thai for directions they will send you in totally the wrong direction rather than admit that they don't know the way, I think it's called face, same same with elections. 

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good .....  Thank you Khun Prayuth ....  :wai:

This will be the best outcome for Thailand.

Difficult to understand a farang who would condemn the Thai people to possibly never getting the chance to vote again in their lifetime.

Anyhow, what's the guy on about? According to you fanboys, you're enjoying the peace and order under the junta. 

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Prayuth quoted in BKK Post: ""No government conducts a crazy act like that, except those who want to be the government,"

Does that answer your question?

Yes. This would be my advice to the PM;

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Come on now people, we all know that if you ask a Thai for directions they will send you in totally the wrong direction rather than admit that they don't know the way, I think it's called face, same same with elections.

Real men (of any ethnicity) never ask for directions.

5 hours ago, jonclark said:

Clearly no excuse or reason to use this as an opportunity to not hold an election.

One year after its military coup, Egypt drafted a new constitution, held a referendum on it (passed), held elections and installed a democratic government. All done during extreme violence brought on by pro-Morsi Muslim insurgents. No excuse for the NCPO after 3 years not return Thailand to some semblance of a democratic state.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

election might not be held in accordance with the political roadmap if there is no peace and order in the country

But there IS peace and order in the country.

It's called The National Council for Peace and Order. And it remains until an elected government has been certified by Prayut acting as Chief of the NCPO.

elections is wrong. it makes populist buy votes, spend money on election campaign (and taking it back by corruption after) and promise to rob the successful minority and share their wealth among incompetent majority.

all elected governments of Thailand were ineffective.

and now a group of people who wants to get power back using ignorant everymen is blowing hospitals...

please, dear Khun Prayut, don't let it happen! don't listen to whining liberals from abroad and their Thai marionettes

I wonder if you could set this to music?
"Horst Wessel" song is quite adaptable I believe...