Local Thai officials barred from commenting on educational reforms

webfact

Local officials barred from commenting on educational reforms
By The Nation

4f0a5db7dc81f01664e95e992d095def.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec) has barred officials at educational service area offices from commenting on provincial educational reforms.

The ban was imposed last Friday via a letter sent to all directors of educational service area offices. 

“We are going to communicate with you about the reforms and related implementation. So in the meantime, you and your officials are not allowed to comment on the planned reforms,” Obec secretary-general Karoon Sakulpradit said in the letter. 

The educational reforms in provincial areas will take place in response to the policy of the National Council for Peace and Order. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316559

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-29

any and all changes will be welcome.BUT until Thai's grow up,and stop living with the fear of criticism and spending money on submarines and start to pay teachers a decent wage ,the system is stuck..''CHILDREN TEACHING CHILDREN''.its a paradox...

Edited by mok199
spelling

So typical of the Thai education system as a whole, telling people what to think instead of teaching them how to think and then allowing people to say what they think. It's more of an indoctrination system than education.

Edited by Orton Rd

Really constructive way to go about things

The funny thing is - what level of education does the person have that made that comment

The problem in Thailand right now (apart from the efforts against corruption which require no skill at all) is that people in power are not using educated people to solve issues, proper leaders employ educated skilled people to solve problems - I have no doubt such people exist in Thailand and are ready to help but certain uneducated people think they know better   

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The funny thing is - what level of education does the person have that made that comment

The problem in Thailand right now (apart from the efforts against corruption which require no skill at all) is that people in power are not using educated people to solve issues, proper leaders employ educated skilled people to solve problems - I have no doubt such people exist in Thailand and are ready to help but certain uneducated people think they know better   

Quite right.. the junta should accept more critisism and let people who are educated in the field help them. Too bad there is too much nepotism and things like the tablet scam of YL did not help education much besides draining funds and creating nice graft opportunities. Nobody in recent history has done anything good for education. I read somewhere that Thailand has one of the highest education budgets.. but lowest results. 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

"The funny thing is - what level of education does the person have that made that comment..."

Good point, and here's the twist, it's well known that the seniors at the Ed. ministry believe they are world experts in regard to everything about education and are insulted at any suggestion they are not world experts.

No comments allowed is just a formalization of a situation which already exists, in fact for decades it's been well known that it's not allowed / it's totally insulting to the seniors to comment.

Several years back I attended an internal seminar along with the dean of my business school. The subject was about Thailand's readiness for the start up of ASEAN.

Several very senior people from the ministry spoke first, all claiming that Thailand was very well prepared and especially in regard to education.

Nobody else spoke, we all knew that any even mild negative would get a quick and severe reaction.

Edited by scorecard

its what you expect from bigots who let teachers molest and attack little children.

I see one on here has really lost the plot, now having to get YK or Captain Sensible in every comment he can, must be being paid by the letter.

Retire to the third world and the intelligence soon drops a few levels.

20 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

its what you expect from bigots who let teachers molest and attack little children.

I see one on here has really lost the plot, now having to get YK or Captain Sensible in every comment he can, must be being paid by the letter.

Retire to the third world and the intelligence soon drops a few levels.

Actually in general the intelligence drops if you retire. I seen it happen a few times people go from bright to stupid because they stop using their brain. Like muscles you need to keep training your brain to stay active or lose function. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/this-is-your-brain-on-retirement---not-nearly-as-sharp-studies-are-finding/2015/10/29/7a0168ba-7dac-11e5-afce-2afd1d3eb896_story.html?utm_term=.56b4608fce97

16 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I must be stupid then as I have seen many Muscle men put in the back of a van as built on steroids and no brains. they also did time and guess what never in the gym

Wish I could like this more than once.

Simple to keep things going by reading, a little bit of exercise and travelling.

Then again most dick-heads in their 20's think they're never going to get old.

I must be stupid then as I have seen many Muscle men put in the back of a van as built on steroids and no brains. they also did time and guess what never in the gym

I don't know how stupid you are but its common knowledge that you need to keep exercising your muscles for good quality of life.

Could be biking, swimming, lifting weights, running whatever you like. Now research is showing that what works for muscles (exercise) works for your brain.

No need to be a muscle man at all. Normal exercise will do.