Video: Russian couple resist arrest in Pattaya alcohol stop

webfact

Video: Russian couple resist arrest in Pattaya alcohol stop

9pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- A video shared by Siamchon News shows two belligerent Russians at an alcohol checkpoint then being processed at Pattaya police station.

Police said that the driver was in fact the woman involved and not the man. They had swapped over when police at the checkpoint moved to arrest them.

The man - dressed in a black "skull" t-shirt and with a long pony tail - is filmed sitting in the driver's seat.

He says in Thai that he does not recognize the authority of the police and wants soldiers to come. He claims the police are breaking the law.

The patient officers finally get him out of the Toyota Altis and into cuffs and both him and the woman in the black dress - now in the passenger seat - are taken into Pattaya police station.

Siamchon News said that the man had at first refused to open the door of the car and had then repeatedly asked for the name and rank of the arresting officer. In a 30 minute standoff he claimed that he knew many cops at the station.

Pictures at the police station showed officers putting the man into the cells.

Then women are called to help handle the female Russian involved who tries to bite her captors before she too is put in the cells.

Officer Dutsadee who was in charge of the checkpoint said that the woman had been driving before they swapped over. So both were arrested.

She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-29

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Russians first started their invasion they tried this I can't speak the language crap and for a while the BIB put up with it to prevent confrontations

But the police soon realized it was a scam and the Russians knew exactly what was going on, so now they just arrest them and sort it out at the Police Station 

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Had he pulled the same crap back home, he'd have the living shit beat out

of him, thrown to a cold cell for plenty of time to come to his senses,

smart arse who thing that he's a ' tourist '.....

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Guess acting like a Jacka** doesn't count. He was asked to step out of the vehicle not unusual police proceedure and refused and wanted the army to come. Looks a bit like Rasputin. 

Seeing how the police leave the Russian guy WHITH handcuffs only cuffed on ONE hand,then the Police turn their back on him...well what can i say...they are NOT able to preform their work at all.The levell they handle this case when they tryed to put him in handcuffs says leaves alot to wish for regarding the way they work.But i guess i leave it at this:TiT.

Edited by DuiDui48

Again shows the tolerance and patience of Thai police officers. 

Officers in the UK, Germany and France, IME, would not have been as patient and non confrontational or aggressive.

And gawd knows how the police in the US would react.

I doubt their own nations police would be so tolerant either.

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Being a (big) swinging dick?

Edited by NanLaew
added emphasis

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

He hardly looks like a 'good guy in' type to me.

So you can tell whats a person is like from a low quality cell phone video?

Eureka - Jesus must have arrived back on earth....

22 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

So you can tell whats a person is like from a low quality cell phone video?

Eureka - Jesus must have arrived back on earth....

No, but I can normally tell someone's sense (or lack of, in this case) of humour, by where they come from.

On this occasion, I rest my case.

Edited by Thaiwrath

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Shows the total ineptitude of the Thai police force IMO.

I disagree. It shows a professional non confrontational way to arrest drunk people. In the good old US of A they would've been shot dead or beaten to a pulp. Well done to the boys in brown for arresting these drunk drivers in as peaceful a way as possible.

Should also be charged for that ridiculous pony tail! Can't stand this d'you-know-who-I-am attitude, and those Thai-spoken farang who think they're above the law are especially cringe-worthy. Yes, the cops can be bent, corrupt and incompetent, but they are also generally pretty forgiving. Had they shown an ounce of respect and just complied, they'd have probably been on their way. 

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Attempting to pervert the course of justice by pretending that he was the driver?

Section 138 Whoever, resisting or obstructs an official or a person required by law to assist such official in the due exercise of his functions, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fine not exceeding two thousand Baht, or both.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If he wants soldiers why not hand him over for an intense attitude correction.

Scum.

Who's the scum? He was a cool as a cucumber - respect. He was standing up for his rights, no matter how misguided you think they are. I've never seen a foreigner act as Thai as he did. He remained calm throughout and explained his position in fluent Thai. No one was harmed and he will have his day in court.

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

I predict some flights in their near future, and some PNG markings in their passports. 

And after acting up at the police station somebody is spitting in their foods. You don't piss off the cops,medical people or the cooks any place.