Police hero rescues Filipina from blaze in South Pattaya apartment

webfact

Police hero rescues Filipina from blaze in South Pattaya apartment

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya policeman was hailed as a hero after he dashed into a smoke filled apartment to carry out a female tourist from the Philippines.

The woman had passed out due to smoke inhalation in the fourth floor room at the Renu House Apartment building yesterday evening, reported Thai Rath.

Deputy sergeant Wasuthorn Iamsamang said that room 410 was full of black smoke as he carried the tourist to safety while four fire engines directed water at the fire.

The fire is believed to have started in an empty room, number 303, on the third floor.

Severe damage was done to building A at the complex though building B was also damaged as flames leapt out.

Pattaya police chief Apichai Krobpetch was on the scene. Region 2 police are investigating though initial reports suggest that the fire started due to an electrical fault in the vacant room.

Thai Rath reported that two tourists suffered smoke inhalation in room 410 and were both taken to Bangkok Pattaya hospital.

They were named as Mr Kenneth Diment, 67, and Ms Mercy Pasay, 19, from the Philippines.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-30

I'm normally a bit harsh when commenting on the BIB, but fair play to him for risking his life, going into a burning building to save another.

I'm sure Mr. Diment would have been devastated, if anything had happened to his "niece." :smile:

19 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Nobody is asking how a fire starts in an empty room?
This need not have happened in the first place

Try this.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

...initial reports suggest that the fire started due to an electrical fault in the vacant room.

If you know Thai wiring...

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

... I'm sure Mr. Diment would have been devastated, if anything had happened to his "niece." :smile:

You mean "nurse" don't you?

FWIW, special on adult diapers at Big C Extra this week.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

what does a filipina do in pattaya?

Thailand still does employ a certain number of nurses.  Did they get rid of all the English teachers from the Philippines yet ?  That was one of the great xenophobic, nationalist pushes of 2014. 

Other than that, she might just be adding variety to the surroundings. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Try this.

If you know Thai wiring...

A few years ago, I was repairing some wiring at the in-laws' house.  Some switches had the live wire running through them, and some had the neutral wire running through them.  

I was renting a house in Chachoengsao at the time.  The house was brand new and had 3 pin sockets.  It didn't take me long to discover that there was no earth wire in sight, not even at the consumer unit.

Yes!  Amazing Thailand.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Use your imagination... you won't be far wrong !

I am and its working.

I was on sukhumvit one sunday morning….and I met a filipina looking for a church.

We had a starbucks…then

I led her to my humble chapel and administered confession.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:37 AM, webfact said:

were both taken to Bangkok Pattaya hospital.

Glad they both survived. Quite surprised to read they were taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. My impression was said hospital didn't admit or treat people without ability and willingness to pay being established? God Bless Them Both and OO.

21 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Did they get rid of all the English teachers from the Philippines yet ?  That was one of the great xenophobic, nationalist pushes of 2014. 

Just to answer your inquiry, no they didn't. In fact, there is a push towards hiring more from the Philippines to fill slots in Government schools as there is a shortage of qualified Thai teachers at this very moment. God Bless You and OO.

5 hours ago, tifino said:

Has anybody considered that He may be one of us,

and hasn't been online for a bit lately - considering...

I think the guy you're thinking about is living in the Pratumnak area .  Not sure but let's hope they are both in good health.