Doi Inthanon National Park Open Its Arms To Visitors

Jai Dee

Doi Inthanon National Park open its arms to visitors

Anant Son-ngai (อนันต์ สอนง่าย), the chief of Doi Inthanon (ดอยอินทนนท์) National Park, said Doi Inthanon is ready to welcome tourists during the coming New Year holidays.

The temperature is now measured at 4 degrees Celsius around the park and the lower mountain top. Hoarfrost crystals are expected in the morning.

According to Mr Anant, all lodges of the national park are fully booked but reserved areas for 2-3 thousands tents are available. As for security measures, the park strictly prohibits tourists from cooking in tents.

The chef also calls for cooperation from the visitors not to create loud noise when drinking alcohol and dispose garbage in public areas.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 27 December 2006

I don't thing anybody would like to sleep in a tent at 4 celsius temperatures

You think wrong.

My favorite night in a tent was at minus 12 Celcisus (10 degrees Farenheit) in four feet of snow at an altitude of about 2,500 meters. The full moon on the snow gave the illusion that I was camped on a sparkling field of diamonds. With the right wool cap, sleeping bag, and compatible tent-mate, one need not suffer. :o