Bank robber escapes with Bt80,000

snoop1130

Bank robber escapes with Bt80,000

f4f6187e04f2a071b2dfb456bf411742.jpeg

A man robbed the Bang Sue branch of Thanachart Bank on Terddamri Road and escaped with about Bt80,000 on Tuesday, police said.

Tao Poon police were alerted about the robbery at about 4pm.

Bank staff told police that a man threatened a cashier with a gun and demanded money.

The robber arrived at the bank on a blue motorcycle. He wore a black cap and jacket and covered his face with a hygiene mask, staff said. After leaving the bank, he headed in the direction of Dang Bridge.

The bank's headquarters said in a statement that no customer or employee were affected by the incident and the Bang Sue branch will resume service on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316764

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-30

13 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

Really? The guy is gonna risk years in the slammer for a mere 80,000 baht?

Not the brightest tool in the shed - let's hope they catch him soon.

Well, 12 more robberies like this and he will be a millionaire !!! :cheesy:

Banks & Gold shops--Its such a risk.---why dont they lift their game,

... Anyone been to wedding, Up in Issan the last one I went to-- Chinese Thai's....1.5 million in Gold & cash on the table so all could see. And everyone there wearing Bahts & Bahts worth of gold my wife was real embarrassed--said even the waitress had more on than her.

Been to the land office----nearly every transaction in cash--I sold a Condo near Rayon two weeks ago- 4 million, they hand over a big bag at 3.30 pm (That's was my evening finished) I said I thought we had agreed on a Bank chq---she didn't want to put it through her account and everyone knows her at the bank---how am I supposed to count this---just take to office over there said the helpful clerk--they have machine then come back sign. Stood behind 3 other people getting their money counted--looking at the flimsy glass door thinking there must be 10 million just here--I'll put my hands up if they come through the door---haven't signed anything yet.

Edited by oxo1947