Pink ID card & Yellow tabian baan - Who can get it?

The best way to find out is to go to your local Amphur with your wife and ask them. Different Amphurs have different rules. I live in Phayao and I have a yellow book but not a Pink ID. 

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

If you have a 1 year extension of stay (not a visa entry) you might be able to get both. Go to your local Amphoe and they will tell you if they will issue them and what's required.

Edited by elviajero

Like said different rules everywhere. But in general  You need to be married to get a yellow book (tabien Baan) and you need to have a yellow book if any chance to get a  pink ID-card for foreigners...

So start with the yellow book, and when that is finished then you can apply for a ID card...

Glegolo

1 minute ago, timkeen08 said:

I have yellow book and my Amphur said come back in 3 years for pink ID card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Owning an apartment or a house is not required? I though, that Tabian Baan is document reated to a specific house. And all inhabitants have their names in that document.

Can you get Tabian Baan without owning property? Tabian Baan is not tied to a specific house/condo?

If renting you need permission from your landlord to get the yellow house book that is based upon their house book. After getting the yellow house book you can get the pink ID card.

4 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

So no permanent residency required? Reasson why I strated this thread is, that a lot of articles and threads on Google are mentioning permanent residency.

A permanent resident can be entered in a blue house book and get the pink ID card.

• Like 1

Just now, howard ashoul said:

Owning an apartment or a house is not required? I though, that Tabian Baan is document reated to a specific house. And all inhabitants have their names in that document.

Can you get Tabian Baan without owning property? Tabian Baan is not tied to a specific house/condo?

Yes it is.... it says that you live in that specific house and address.. not any ownership or so, just confirming you live there..

Glegolo

6 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

So no permanent residency required? Reasson why I strated this thread is, that a lot of articles and threads on Google are mentioning permanent residency.

Not required.

Edited by elviajero

26 minutes ago, howard ashoul said:

• The Tabian Baan simply is a document listing the people registered as living in the property. Nothing to do with ownership.
  • It is only for Thais, or foreigners with a residents permit.
  • The yellow version is for foreigners with temporary permission to stay.
Edited by elviajero

If you have a 1 year extension of stay (not a visa entry) you might be able to get both

Can I get the yellow book if I'm here on a one year entry on my O-A visa? (I meet all the other requirements, as best I can tell....).

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

If you have a 1 year extension of stay (not a visa entry) you might be able to get both. Go to your local Amphoe and they will tell you if they will issue them and what's required.

You can get both on a visa entry dependent on amphur. But you need to talk to your landlord first to see if he will give you permision to aquire yellow book. You do not need to be married but if not married then you need to be on an extension so i was told.

Edited by jeab1980

4 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

I have yellow book and my Amphur said come back in 3 years for pink ID card.

The only reasonable nice explanation is what I mentioned in an earlier post, namely that your amphue-office lack the software to issue this ID-card.

For me when I applied in Chaiyaphum it took me some 2 weeks, and they told me that they didn´t have the software for the falang ID-card, but have ordered it..

And it was true, they called me the following week already, and it was an easy operation to get that ID-card.

Glegolo

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You can get both on a visa entry dependent on amphur

I doubt that. It is meant for people living in the country. Maybe a 1 year non 'O-A' permit.

If you have evidence of your claim/opinion, please share.

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I doubt that. It is meant for people living in the country. Maybe a 1 year non 'O-A' permit.

A friend of mine obtained his yellow book last week in Phayao. He is on a marriage visa with a 90 day stay. He only lives in Thailand for less than 3 months once a year.

40 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I am on a non o visa have been for years now gotbyellow book and pink ID on non o based on marriage. Proof yes i have a yellow book and ID card. Next

Edited by jeab1980

I think it varies from district to district.

I  married a Thai national in Hong Kong after the handover in 1997, she now holds a permanent HK ID card with the right of abode there; the marriage was also registered in Thailand a few years later.  I am currently in Thailand on a 3 month visa expiring later this month, staying at a house owned by my wife.  I have been able to acquire, legally and above board without any tea payments, a Thai Driving License, Yellow Book and Pink ID card.

The Pink ID card was not readily accepted on a recent domestic flight, the Driving License seemed the more popular.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I am here on a Non-Imm O visa (soon to extend based on retirement), I got a yellow book (we are staying temporarily at my brother in laws house), I also got the pink ID card at the same time. Living in Lahansai, Buriram.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

There you go 4 posters saying the same on non's proof enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

The requirements for the application for the yellow house registration book vary from one district office to the next.

Which, in fact, is not true.

All amphurs have the same rules an regulations.

It is just how different civil servants give different interpretations to those rules and regulations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, glegolo said:

Like said different rules everywhere. But in general  You need to be married to get a yellow book (tabien Baan) and you need to have a yellow book if any chance to get a  pink ID-card for foreigners...

So start with the yellow book, and when that is finished then you can apply for a ID card...

Glegolo

I had a Yellow Book before I was legally married, I had been through a ceremonial wedding though.

I needed to go to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) immigration to get a 'Alien Resident in Thailand' form which was sent to Bangkok for approval and returned the next day. From this I was issued a Yellow Book by our local Amphur. No problem at all.

• Like 1

I have been living here for 10 year at the same rented adress, been married for the last 5 years and are on extention based on marriage. In contact with 2 different Amphur in Bangkok, the answer is the same. I get told that i have to buy house or condominium.

As far as i understand Thai law, are the Amphur obliged to register all long term foreigners living in Thailand. 

My understanding of people working in the local district offices and most other places as well, does not like foreigners and does not want to assisit or help with anything. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mann33bkk said:

I have been living here for 10 year at the same rented adress, been married for the last 5 years and are on extention based on marriage. In contact with 2 different Amphur in Bangkok, the answer is the same. I get told that i have to buy house or condominium.

As far as i understand Thai law, are the Amphur obliged to register all long term foreigners living in Thailand. 

My understanding of people working in the local district offices and most other places as well, does not like foreigners and does not want to assisit or help with anything. 

Not all district offices i have found many most helpful. 

• Like 1

I had a Yellow Book before I was legally married, I had been through a ceremonial wedding though.

I needed to go to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) immigration to get a 'Alien Resident in Thailand' form which was sent to Bangkok for approval and returned the next day. From this I was issued a Yellow Book by our local Amphur. No problem at all.

Exactly my process but with being married to a Thai.

46 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

Yes I appreciate your and other peoples experiencies. I think here in our responses, that me together with a couple of guys, we are talking about the existing law, the existing rules that should apply.

I do not find it so good, and I exactly warns people to listen to you guys, that have done this and have done that. It may be true, but it is certainly nothing to relay on, absolutely not. And therefore completely useless to write about, here in this forum.. UNLESS you start a thread about "Fantastic events happening in Thailand". That should be the right place for it...

Inform about the law, and hope for the best,,,, But to come shorthanded and ill informed, thanks to exceptionall circumstances, is not a very good idea to start with...

Glegolo

52 minutes ago, Mann33bkk said:

I do fully agree with your two last sentencies, this is my assumption too....

The amphues co-operation is best served with them working out of fear... Otherwise they do not care less about falangs.... Stop being so blue-eyed...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo