Video: Car driver backs down after bus driver produces a long knife from his underpants

webfact

26 minutes ago, paddyjoe41 said:

It loooks to me that the taxi driver came out to the car driver first.regardless who is right or wrong,why did he stop the taxi in the centre of the two roads?with passengers on board,obviously this maniac should not be in charge of a PSV,and a knife in his waistband,looks as stupid as he acts,where do they get the licence from?

I agree, taxi driver was looking for an argument or why else would he block the road.

Whatever happened to that delightful 'old' tradition of Thais not being confrontational, I was told they despised farang because of this uncivilised trait.

I used to think it was bad in the Philippines, but despite many an argument with gun carrying taxi drivers I never had one pull one out on me. 

LOS - not anymore!

My wife also begs me not to escalate situations because you never know....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, chuang said:

The bigger built car driver thought he could bully the smaller built guy...LOL

Reminds me of a scene from a 1960's biker movie. In a barfight a guy jumps up, "ah ha karate" the biker retorts "ohh hoo, chair" and klobers the jerk with a chair. 

7 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Quite normal. Doesn't everyone keep extra cutlery in their underpants?

Must have been bloody uncomfortable to have that shoved up his ass all day...What a despicable <deleted>. Driving and parking with no consideration and that attitude will bring him a just demise one of these days, knife or no knife.

6 hours ago, catman20 said:

bus driver was a coward

Yes, not nearly as brave as all the farang who talk tough on the Internet behind the added protection of anonymity. 

5936b501ac8d5_toughguy.jpg.2363c2e2ff27f132e97421bbf567cff8.jpg

Not advocating carrying any kind of weapon, but it was effective in defusing a situation where the car driver thought he was going to cause some damage because he outweighed the smaller guy.  

20 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, not nearly as brave as all the farang who talk tough on the Internet behind the added protection of anonymity. 

Not advocating carrying any kind of weapon, but it was effective in defusing a situation where the car driver thought he was going to cause some damage because he outweighed the smaller guy.  

Perhaps you're forgetting the idiotic behavior that the bus driver displayed which no doubt incited the car driver.....Btw are you not being a nonny mouse? :sleepy:

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

These guys carry the knives because they drive so atrociously and with such disregard for other road users that they are expecting confrontation... 

...Mini-Vans 2m from your rear-bumper while traveling at 120kmh on the expressway.

...Workers pickups cutting you off without indication. 

...Taxi's forcing you to emergency break when pulling out in front of you.

One thing I am sure of, these drivers drive this way because a.) they are antisocial morons and b.) they have the backup of some weapon or other and believe they will get away with such actions. 

And lack of prompt police action?

7 hours ago, Usual Suspect said:

Does the Sontaew driver ever think ahead?...to the point that the humble car-driver may have cousins.. nasty ones with guns..!

O please it is only the two of them

Anyone notice the Song Thiaw(bus) passengers sitting quietly in the vehicle while the whole drama was being played. I would have got off the bus and try to find other bus to continue the journey.

Is Thailand still a Buddhist country, any kind soul out there please clear my doubt for me.

It was 1980 when I first landed in Bangkok (Duang Meung) airport and I saw a guard at the airport, he was in army fatigue but he got only a bayonet on his side and a hand grenade clipped on his front left pocket. He was just standing there guarding.

I thought it was strange that he had no gun with him. So he either stab you or he throw the grenade at you if you are the terrorist or someone who is a danger to others or attempt to destroy the kingdom's property. Song Thiaw drivers carrying knives is not a surprise for me. Why are they having knives? To stab you of course If you are threatening them. Otherwise they cut fruits to eat while waiting for customers.

In 2000 I went to Laos and saw many Dad's army. ( in case anyone don't know dad's army it's the comedy show on British TV in 1970's Ragtag army.) In Laos they Carrying AK 47 but wearing plastic slippers. My friend told me not to look down on them because they were capable of defeating the French Military Academy trained soldiers. They won the war not the French.

4 hours ago, Tofer said:

I agree, taxi driver was looking for an argument or why else would he block the road.

Whatever happened to that delightful 'old' tradition of Thais not being confrontational, I was told they despised farang because of this uncivilised trait.

I used to think it was bad in the Philippines, but despite many an argument with gun carrying taxi drivers I never had one pull one out on me. 

LOS - not anymore!

My wife also begs me not to escalate situations because you never know....

Your wife loves you 'mak mak' however if you leave early she gets all inheritances early.

16 hours ago, MekkOne said:

There is nothing else you can do if not ranting? You should really take some holidays...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can say like this, and you might agree. The result is also the same. Good to know who we share the roads with.

The problem is that they ain´t got a system that controls what people can be allowed to drive public transportation. In this case it was a man carrying a knife behind his back. Guess you might understand that it wasn´t for slicing fruit for lunch or cracking open a coconut. In other cases it can be reckless driving of buses and minivans. Sometimes it´s fist fights and sometimes only a verbal and screamed out argument.

All the people that have anger issues, carry weapons illegally and can´t pass a real driving test that also must be created because it does not exist today. All should be controlled before and all should be dealing with approval of a license before entering the world of public transportation. Today all that fails, and then it´s again good to know who we are sharing the road with. That is not ranting. Just stating a fact and a big issue.

8 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

point taken and i agree with you about the tough guys who hide behind their key board, but 1, i think he would have pulled that knife even if the guy in the car had been smaller im sure and 2. as for defusing a situation i dont see carry a knife as a very smart thing to do and 3. it only a matter of time that, that knife ends up in someone.NOT A GOOD DEFUSING TACTIC.

Edited by catman20

14 hours ago, wprime said:

Actually seems reasonable, he used it solely for defensive purposes and not out of anger/rage/etc.

are you crazy ? if it was reasonable we would all be walking around with weapons and it would not be against the law. seems to me you need to go back in time to the wild west days

18 hours ago, sanukjim said:
23 hours ago, YetAnother said:

good to know who we share the roads with

I can understand why the bus driver has to arm himself with a weapon.The car driver is  a larger man and since he has a car he probably thinks that he is of a higher person then the bus driver and there fore in position to believe that he can command the road.In Texas there is a saying "God made men,Sam Colt made them equal".

So, tell me, Jim ... when two men face eachother in anger, one has a gun and the other has none, how exactly does that 'make them equal' ?

21 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Quite normal. Doesn't everyone keep extra cutlery in their underpants?

I keep a weapon in my underwear just in case I come across a Fork ! Scottish accent and bad spelling !

On 6/6/2017 at 0:36 PM, rkidlad said:

'Some people online thought the incident was funny'

Yea, it's hilarious. People in the public sector carrying knives. What could go wrong? They'd never pull it on a customer. 

It actually is kind of funny..  Just another quickly settled dispute here in the Land of Smiles.  Not the first driver to pull a weapon and won't be the last.