Shock UK exit poll suggests Britain's May fails to win majority

webfact

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But the Tories are more biblical in their approach to giving

"To them that have much, even more shall be given

To them that have little, even that shall be taken away"

Yes, but they can always have cake , no matter how poor they may be.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

National debt; what's that?

Yes what is the National debt?! Currently running at over 1trillion pounds and the interest alone is 56 billion a year paid to the private individuals who own the BofEng. Come on McDonald and Corbyn be brave and end this madness.

Yes what is the National debt?! Currently running at over 1trillion pounds and the interest alone is 56 billion a year paid to the private individuals who own the BofEng. Come on McDonald and Corbyn be brave and end this madness.

McDonnell & Corbyn?

I sense sarcasm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, citybiker said:

McDonnell & Corbyn?

I sense sarcasm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a great piece in The Telegraph on the best political insults. Boris  and Corbyn both get a mention , although my favourite is Dennis Healey on Wilson: "...he had a short-term opportunism, allied with a capacity for self-delusion which made Walter Mitty appear unimaginative."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/authors/the-best-british-political-insults-rows-and-putdowns/harold-wilson/

12 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40268505

Whilst I, and I'm sure the rest of us wish Dianne Abbott the best with her management of her type 2 diabetes, I would be astonished if this is the reason why she was taken out of the front line by the Labour party.

Pop down to the pharmacy and get some pills for your state of astonishment.

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

There's a great piece in The Telegraph on the best political insults. Boris  and Corbyn both get a mention , although my favourite is Dennis Healey on Wilson: "...he had a short-term opportunism, allied with a capacity for self-delusion which made Walter Mitty appear unimaginative."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/authors/the-best-british-political-insults-rows-and-putdowns/harold-wilson/

I found "mutton-headed old mugwump"... Boris Johnson's paean to Corbyn recently rather entertaining. 

An unfazed TM is attempting to continue with her no nonsense clean Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/defiant-may-signals-will-not-compromise-hard-brexit/

The forthcoming HoP debates will be interesting considering the government's position.

Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did she actually mention pulling out of the Single Market in her manifesto. I can't see it anywhere despite it being stated before the election which will mean she has to get it through HoL as well rather that it being nodded though as a manifesto commitment.

21 minutes ago, citybiker said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/defiant-may-signals-will-not-compromise-hard-brexit/

The forthcoming HoP debates will be interesting considering the government's position.

Time will tell.

It came up last night on the Sky News newspaper review. Someone who was there said she said no such thing. The conclusion was that of wishful thinking on the part of the newspaper. 

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It came up last night on the Sky News newspaper review. Someone who was there said she said no such thing. The conclusion was that of wishful thinking on the part of the newspaper. 

My dad said that the only thing he sort of believed in a newspaper was the date. But only if he could check it on the wall calendar.

1 hour ago, Orac said:

Did she actually mention pulling out of the Single Market in her manifesto. I can't see it anywhere despite it being stated before the election which will mean she has to get it through HoL as well rather that it being nodded though as a manifesto commitment.

Does the Salisbury convention apply when no party gains an overall majority.

1 hour ago, Orac said:

I believe she wantd to stay in the single market - no tariffs. Without Freedom of Movement for EU citizens. That id her dream.  And one doomed to vanishing once she is forced to wake up to the facts.

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

Time will tell.

If a few more of the so passionately remainer Millenials had voted against Brexit this wouldn't even be an issue. But I understand that it might have been difficult for them to get to the polling booths: hard to break away from a delicious dinner of imported food and wine, cooked by Italians , served by Spanish or Poles....and all at about 60% of the cost it will be in 2 years from now .

2 hours ago, Orac said:

Taken from Manifesto

The final agreement will be subject to a vote in both houses of parliament. As we leave the European Union, we will no longer be members of the single market or customs union but we will seek a deep and special partnership including a comprehensive free trade and customs agreement.'

28 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Taken from Manifesto

The final agreement will be subject to a vote in both houses of parliament. As we leave the European Union, we will no longer be members of the single market or customs union but we will seek a deep and special partnership including a comprehensive free trade and customs agreement.'

In other words  a virtual membership in the single market and customs union. Without Freedom of Movement.  And to think there were people who actually thought this was a realistic aim. Not so many anymore.

In other words  a virtual membership in the single market and customs union. Without Freedom of Movement.  And to think there were people who actually thought this was a realistic aim. Not so many anymore.

Yes. Complete nonsense like much of their disastrous manifesto most of which has now been binned!

All seems to have gone quiet,  perhaps the conservatives are realizing, that getting into bed with the DUP is only digging that big hole bigger,   i'm sure Arlene wont say no to a billion or £ for starters, help sort out the cash for ash scandal. The conservatives deserve everything coming their way dealing with the bunch of bigots/nastys in the DUP.

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

If a few more of the so passionately remainer Millenials had voted against Brexit this wouldn't even be an issue. But I understand that it might have been difficult for them to get to the polling booths: hard to break away from a delicious dinner of imported food and wine, cooked by Italians , served by Spanish or Poles....and all at about 60% of the cost it will be in 2 years from now .

So true the UK population especially south don't there backside from there elbow. :biggrin: 

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

As a pensioner living here in Thailand ,i dont give a toss what happens ,as long as the pound goes up and up . and i bet most of you living here feel the same ,no matter what .:coffee1:

I am going to disagree with you. I am not a pensioner but work here and have for 16 years. I do give a toss about my birth country and the way it has changed, sadly since I left not for the better. Relying on a pension with fluctuating currency rates is always a gamble.  The state of the UK is at risk and is more important to me than monetary value.

19 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

Taken from Manifesto

Without the single market and customs union, the phrase 'deep and special partnership' has about as much substance as a piece of chipboard from a discounted Homepro wardrobe.

27 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am going to disagree with you. I am not a pensioner but work here and have for 16 years. I do give a toss about my birth country and the way it has changed, sadly since I left not for the better. Relying on a pension with fluctuating currency rates is always a gamble.  The state of the UK is at risk and is more important to me than monetary value.

The risk of being wrecked by Brexit. And the currency reflects that view.

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The risk of being wrecked by Brexit. And the currency reflects that view.

The risk, could be, maybe, might happen. The constant fear mongering since before the EU referendum day is staggering. project fear didn't work. It won't work again. The EU with their ;bully boy' tactics and we will punish you for this and that. The people of the UK who can still think for themselves will be happy once they are out of the EU clutches.

Having penalties for not doing as we say, is dictatorship. Not for me thank you and for 17 plus million others.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The risk, could be, maybe, might happen. The constant fear mongering since before the EU referendum day is staggering. project fear didn't work. It won't work again. The EU with their ;bully boy' tactics and we will punish you for this and that. The people of the UK who can still think for themselves will be happy once they are out of the EU clutches.

Having penalties for not doing as we say, is dictatorship. Not for me thank you and for 17 plus million others.

Yes, I hate laws, too.If only they came without penalties for disobeying them.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:
2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes, I hate laws, too.If only they came without penalties for disobeying them.

What a silly, facetious comment! The EU coming up with an utterly absurd exit penalty and refusing to discuss anything else until it is paid is nothing to do with laws and is tantamount to blackmail. And, where did this latest spat about other EU countries being bullied into to helping Merkel out with her middle-eastern immigration cock-up come about?

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

What a silly, facetious comment! The EU coming up with an utterly absurd exit penalty and refusing to discuss anything else until it is paid is nothing to do with laws and is tantamount to blackmail. And, where did this latest spat about other EU countries being bullied into to helping Merkel out with her middle-eastern immigration cock-up come about?

"Having penalties for not doing as we say, is dictatorship. Not for me thank you and for 17 plus million others."

If that was the intention of the author of the above sentence, as constituted it doesn't work. The EU isn't threatening to mulct the UK for disobedience but for withdrawing from the EU which the UK is doing in accordance with the applicable statutes.

Archived