Cat lovers file animal cruelty complaint over YouTube video

Cat lovers file animal cruelty complaint over YouTube video

By The Nation

16e1a7b5681412351a81f26f11af80bc.jpeg

A group of cat lovers on Friday planned to file a police complaint against “My Mate Nate”, a controversial American social media celebrity, for alleged cruelty to animals for his YouTube video that pitted two cats against a scorpion.

Nutch Prasopsin, the administrator of the website “Toon Hua Khong Bao” (or Kingdom of Tigers), said on Friday that she and her group would file their complaint at the Huai Khwang police station at 4pm against “My Mate Nate”, whose real name is Nate Bartling.

She accused the famous YouTuber of committing cruelty against animals for exposing his cats to a venomous animal.

On her website, Nutch called on animal lovers to show their force against acts of cruelty against animals.

The controversial YouTube video, titled “Cat vs scorpion: Who will win?”, was posted three days ago and got more than 834,000 views.

My Mate Nate, who is an expatriate, has 3.1 million subscribers of his YouTube channel and more than 900,000 followers on his Facebook account

According to his YouTube video about his life, his is an American who lives in Bangkok and loves making movies. He has lived in Thailand for just a little over three years. “I never went to university. I only finished high school,” he said.

He has been famous for “prank videos” that make fun of other people.

The American came under fire last year after he posted a video in which he “tested” people’s comprehension of English by posing embarrassing questions to them, such as asking if they were menstruating. He later publicly apologised for doing so.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317658

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-9

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why call him a Youtube celebrity?

Kids (and many adults) already way too focused on celebrities, who are in reality dangerous idiots.

Just how did this idiot ever achieve 'celebrity' status? Is publicly asking teenage girls if they are menstruating now common in many countries? 

Times change to be sure and in many aspects of life nothing much wrong with that, change can often mean improvements. But surely such questions remain to be not public.

Seems to me this moron is just desperate for attention and will do anything to get the attention regardless of even simple boundaries / simple respect. 

Can you get a work permit for making prank videos? 

Edited by scorecard

Going to far for ratings and guess why. Money. I looked up how much Nate is trawling in and it must be $25,000 a year. Have you seen his gf. Nice! This guy has got Thais eating out of his hand. Lucky devil. I'm not pissed off with him I'm green with envy.

9 minutes ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

True. But eating animals is #ALWAYS# cruelty to animals or did people think they die gently in this part of the world? So. Let's sue all carnivores in los and have some fun. 

I'm vegan. 

4 minutes ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

The problem is not being vegan or not. The problem us being AWARE that eating living creatures implies suffering/death. If every carnivore would be fully aware that his steak was a great living creature 2 days before im cool with people eating other living souls.

What wine goes with souls?

19 minutes ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Medicine. For starters. All tested on animals. Need more reality?

Hmm, yes, but I have always been against animal testing.

When I was a more militant individual I was more assertive in displaying my objections. 

Lot older now and not quite so forthright.

However, I do not take medication for minor ailments and have no serious condition. 

Being honest, if the choice is death/serious ailments or medication I know I'll most likely take the medication. I'm not claiming to be a hero.

I would look at alternative choices, but I assume they are subject to the same procedures as mainstream medication. 

However I do not believe in animal testing and if had the choice would take the cruelty free option. 

I am not given that option though, so I fail to see how i am guilty if I am forced into this position. 

Therefore let me restate my question: 

How?

Edited by Bluespunk

12 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

be fully aware that his steak was a great living creature 2 days before i

Umm, 2 day old beef cooked as a steak would not be very delicious, and would rarely be eaten especially in Thailand where the bulk of the steak is imported across ocean waves... therefore around 2 months old.

The best steak is hung for several months prior to consumption 

Notwithstanding, it was once a living animal that died with a bolt through the brain and its throat cut....

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Going to far for ratings and guess why. Money. I looked up how much Nate is trawling in and it must be $25,000 a year. Have you seen his gf. Nice! This guy has got Thais eating out of his hand. Lucky devil. I'm not pissed off with him I'm green with envy.

Actually it is A LOT more than that. I have experience with Youtube and on average you can say that someone will make $2 per 1,000 views.. he gets easily 1 million views per video. So that is $2,000 per video and thats not to mention sponsorships, affiliate marketing etc; from the Adsense alone he will be bringing in 2k per video at the very least. So your estimate of 25k per year can be increased 10 fold at least. I wouldn't be surprised if he made $500,000 in the past year alone 

Edited by JustNo

And the people complaining about this video are Thai?

Thai people, you know, well, from the country with:

- cockfighting

- temples selling tiger parts

- zoo's drugging up wild animals so tourists can take pictures with them (bears, tigers, lions)

- millions of homeless dogs fighting to survive on a daily basis

- eating living prawns

- elephants being tortured for years so tourists can ride on their back

- thousands of cats walking around with parasites and skin diseases

- drugged baby animals being dragged around nightlife areas so tourists can take pics with them for a fee

That Thailand or are we talking about a different country?

4 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

And the people complaining about this video are Thai?

Thai people, you know, well, from the country with:

- cockfighting

- temples selling tiger parts

- zoo's drugging up wild animals so tourists can take pictures with them (bears, tigers, lions)

- millions of homeless dogs fighting to survive on a daily basis

- eating living prawns

- elephants being tortured for years so tourists can ride on their back

- thousands of cats walking around with parasites and skin diseases

- drugged baby animals being dragged around nightlife areas so tourists can take pics with them for a fee

That Thailand or are we talking about a different country?

implying everybody in a nation thinks the same way .. 

Totally agree with Bob12345.  Thailand is the land of inconsistencies.  Thais cannot see anything wrong with the suffering of packs of wild dogs scavenging for food; spreading disease; causing traffic accidents; but what an outcry if a someone kicks out at one of these creatures.

Totally agree with Bob12345.  Thailand is the land of inconsistencies.  Thais cannot see anything wrong with the suffering of packs of wild dogs scavenging for food; spreading disease; causing traffic accidents; but what an outcry if a someone kicks out at one of these creatures.

Uuh. Children logic. How about this? It is all wrong! And the majority of Thailand will agree.