PM preoccupied with teenage singer Lamyai’s twerking

snoop1130

PM preoccupied with teenage singer Lamyai’s twerking

By THE NATION

4c4c0e31a35353ecfe4765c3ad9c1bf5.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha on Monday has asked the public and media to warn a teenage “look thung” singer about her suggestive dance moves and scanty outfits.

When asked if he would instruct the Culture Ministry to caution the young rising star, Prayut said: “I want people and the media to warn her. I don’t know what to do. People like this style of performance and dressing.” 

He was commenting on a controversy surrounding singer Lamyai Haithongkham’s twerking that involves nine consecutive “air banging” moves. 

Critics have said the 18-year-old singer’s dance moves and scanty outfits were unsuitable to Thai culture.

In response, Prajakchai Naowarat, a senior executive of Haithongkham, the singer’s music label, which means “gold jar”, promised the performer would tone down her routine in future shows. Prajakchai said the company accepted criticism regarding the singer. “We will correct it. The pelvic-thrust moves will be done for three consecutive times, not nine as is the case now,” he said. 

He said the singer would also wear shorts that “look better” in future performances.

However, the executive also defended Lamyai’s dance moves, saying that similar twerks were done by world-class singers.

Lamyai, whose real name is Suphansa Vechkama, is well known for her song “Pusao Kha Loh”, or “fun-loving girl”. The song’s official music video on YouTube garnered more than 230 million views in just six months, surpassing videos of every other popular Thai singer.

The prime minister’s comments yesterday were a return to verbal communications with the media. Over the past two weeks he has refused to reply to questions verbally and has answered inquiries through handwritten notes. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317910

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-12

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is OMG a Prime Minister worried about pelvic thrusts and shorts Im sure this will have a big impact on the economy and the country Apparently he doent get invited to to many village weddings or new house parties I lost count of the pelvic thrusts at the last new house party !

For 18 she is way overweight a poor example for teens.

Is having a gob filled with braces and rubberbands stylish now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake braces are the height of teenage (and later) fashion. God only knows why.

As for being overweight and a poor example well perhaps. I have never met you, but I think we can safely say I would not climb over her to get to you. Which probably comes as a significant relief to both of us!
:)

Pretty sure that pic is of lamyong a Grammy singer not lamyai, lamyong is in her 30's, no mrs says it is lamyai, put some weight on since we saw her 3 months ago, needs all the exercise she can get then. Not compatible with Thai culture, that's lam cing dancers out then and just about all the singers in cafes and beer halls, this country is getting so repressive it's becoming oppressive. The odd night out looking at singers like this, is Thai culture, I always thought :saai:

Edited by Orton Rd

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

No that's not her

Ah OK.

When I did a search I found a couple vids with " Miss Lamyai Haithongkham version!" so I thought it was the same girl

Children. Every last one of them.

The specter of nuclear conflict in the Korean peninsula grows daily, ISIS is beginning to get a foothold in Southeast Asia, global warming is really starting to ramp up, and this is what the country's leaders are concerned about (and what Thai youth fill their time with).

1 hour ago, tracker1 said:

All I can say is OMG a Prime Minister worried about pelvic thrusts and shorts Im sure this will have a big impact on the economy and the country Apparently he doent get invited to to many village weddings or new house parties I lost count of the pelvic thrusts at the last new house party !

It's not exactly up there in the big picture as staging a coup, is it, lest we forget...

Edited by baboon

Luckily Prayuth wasn't around yet as armed forces commander-in-chief when that other girl sang about how itchy her "ear" was. He would've steamed in his juices and probably staged a coup to save Thailand from its impending descent into moral depravation.

To be frank, I'd rather watch nine (or three, as the case may be) pelvis thrusts of a mediocre, slightly overweight singer than having to listen to one of the general's lame, sleep-inducing, corny songs one more time.

Oh well, Thai "culture", such a fragile thing.

jump on a bus or get a taxi wearing a disguise and when you reach Pattaya take a walk down Soi 6 7 8 4 3 ....if fact anywhere in pattaya, finish your stealth visit in walking street

Then report back about your experience.............and keep your valuables safe because there are many people that want to relieve you.   and stay away from beach road - we have the previous admin/Mayor who spent billions with absolutely nothing to show for it, his cousin did all the work for the last 20 years which is exactly why Pattaya is an absolute mecca of holiday resort  that has no rival..............30 years ..............and ?

sorry but it is a dump that could easily not have been a dump except for the big pockets and budgets that literally went down the drain

Prayuth.....sneak out and do the walk

Edited by smedly

Yep! That´s what you can as a hero that already have been taken care of all the important problems and difficulties in Thailand.
As you all can see! Now it´s time to enjoy the friuts of all hard work and take care about all the things it just wasn´t time for before.

Queen of luktung Pumpuang died 25 years ago today, in her time she was moaned at for her style being not 'real luktung' as well as costume complaints from stuffed shirts like Prayuth. More recently there has been outrage over other singers like Kratae and Biytoy for being too sexy, what a hypocritical joke the higher ups are in this country. Funny thing is Prayuths daughter is a tom boy singer, but that's 'Thai culture' but being a sexy young girl is not these days! 

Edited by Orton Rd

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I don’t know what to do.

Truer words have never been spoken.  Three years at the helm and he is perplexed by a little twerking.  Thankfully there are no grave issues that call for his autocratic decision making.

I've watched the above videos eight times and I can see what the PM is driving at.  Some of those moves are very corruptive; grasping her private parts in public like a latter-day Michael Jackson should not be allowed.

I've invited him to my Xmas party to keep an eye on things.