PM Prayut thanks teen singer Lamyai after criticising her suggestive moves

webfact

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The PM is right; western influences are bad for this country, whereas anything goes, that eventually will destroy Thailand`s culture if not taken control of.

Just what is Thailand's culture?

From the superstitions of Isaan to the decadence of Pattaya. From the contradictions of the authorities murdering their own people to the multitude of beautiful temples in the land. The multitude of Military takeovers and the rampant corruption. And through it all is the welcoming smile. Yes the LOS.

The American ambassador, in the 1970's, consistently referred to Thailand as "the land of secrets and half-truths." I make him right there.

I've been here a few years and I'm still trying to suss things out.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/13/2017 at 3:38 PM, tracker1 said:

It was a coverup job ! rape and it's cause is a root ! or was it a root can cause rape ! either way it caused by seductive behaviour !!! Hmmm no more then 3 pelvic thrusts and skimpy shorts like to see that enforced !

Have you scene  her music video for her hit "Ao Pua Pai Tuhn"

About 5 years ago and before any attempts by a faux government to bring happiness to the people, the teenage Jaa Turbo set the Thai fishwives gossiping with her 'itchy ear' song. She even touched her 'ear' on stage.

So Lamyai does nine twerks or air-humps? No ferret petting? Move along now, nothing to see here.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:11 AM, rwdrwdrwd said:

So utterly clueless and out of touch. The only place in the world female singers/dancers dance like that IS in Thailand - it isn't 'farang' dancing. And there's no farangs in the crowd at these gigs cos the music is, with a few exceptions, utterly dreadful.

could be worse, least she didn't twerk

TV's headline should have read. "Westerners laugh at sexless Thai girl trying to do a sexless childish dancing." 

"Thai pop stars still cannot dance like western ones no matter how hard they try."

"Western dance schools offer invitation to teach Thais how to dance."

"Thai Prime Minister embarrassed by lack of professional dance talent in Thailand"

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Just what is Thailand's culture?

From the superstitions of Isaan to the decadence of Pattaya. From the contradictions of the authorities murdering their own people to the multitude of beautiful temples in the land. The multitude of Military takeovers and the rampant corruption. And through it all is the welcoming smile. Yes the LOS.

The American ambassador, in the 1970's, consistently referred to Thailand as "the land of secrets and half-truths." I make him right there.

I've been here a few years and I'm still trying to suss things out.

Easy to say hiding behind a keyboard.

No point in referring back to me. If you feel that the Thai PM is talking a load of troddel, then why don`t you make your views known on facebook and then see what your FB friends think about it. You wouldn`t have the guts.

14 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Easy to say hiding behind a keyboard.

No point in referring back to me. If you feel that the Thai PM is talking a load of troddel, then why don`t you make your views known on facebook and then see what your FB friends think about it. You wouldn`t have the guts.

Just what are you talking about!?

On 6/13/2017 at 6:06 PM, esprit said:

He is perhaps angling towards a private performance so that he can study her moves in more detail 

yea   yea   dat's da ticket ........

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

the guy is obviously fixated on her

I've said it before and I'll likely say it again. This Prayuth fella is a seriously unwell budgie. The mental illness rate in Thailand is huge, and this guys a pretty good example.

Just now, YetAnother said:

haunting ?

I'd post it here, except, then I'd probably be made to disappear....and there would be no CCTV footage of my disappearance, because all the cameras in the surrounding area would be out of service... And anyone asking about my disappearance likewise would be made to disappear.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

and there would be no CCTV footage of my disappearance

in another top forum, it was quoted today , as fact, that there were 300,000 cctvs currently in thailand and the govt wants 40,000 more ! soon every farang will have a dedicated cctv pointed at their house

It seems that the PM has a tremendous amount of free time on his hands to occupy himself with such pointless trivia.  I wonder if has noticed that look thung and mor lam singers and dancers up and down the country are wearing similar outfits and doing similar dance moves.  However, most are not as successful as Lamyai, who is clearly a victim of her own success.  

Loved the way the organisers of the concert that was raided by the army got Lumyai to cover up with a demin jacket but left the sexy dancers on either side of her wearing the same bikini outfit as Lamyai without any cover up. 

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

It seems that the PM has a tremendous amount of free time on his hands to occupy himself with such pointless trivia.  I wonder if has noticed that look thung and mor lam singers and dancers up and down the country are wearing similar outfits and doing similar dance moves.  However, most are not as successful as Lamyai, who is clearly a victim of her own success.  

Loved the way the organisers of the concert that was raided by the army got Lumyai to cover up with a demin jacket but left the sexy dancers on either side of her wearing the same bikini outfit as Lamyai without any cover up. 

This guy's a muppet pure and simple. A population get the government they deserve. So be it. Thais deserve a clown as (self-appointed) prime minister, and they've got one. No point crying about it now. Muppets like this will do what they think they can get away with. Thais let them get away with everything, so som nam na.

I have my home, my books and what I've learned in life to make sense of it all. And I've got a cold beer and a patio to sit and drink it on. So far as I'm concerned, Prayuth and his boys can do what they want. Zero impact on me.

4 hours ago, Trumpish said:

I have my home, my books and what I've learned in life to make sense of it all. And I've got a cold beer and a patio to sit and drink it on. So far as I'm concerned, Prayuth and his boys can do what they want. Zero impact on me.

I wouldn't get too comfortable and smug with your life here, unless you've obtained PR or Thai citizenship.

After all, you know the old adage: First they came for the luk thung singers, and then they came for the farangs!

:tongue:

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wouldn't get too comfortable and smug with your life here, unless you've obtained PR or Thai citizenship.

After all, you know the old adage: First they came for the luk thung singers, and then they came for the farangs!

:tongue:

and you think that they would really strangle the hen that lays them golden eggs?....doubt it, if I may....:crazy:...nevertheless you may have a point, so the golden rule would be never to invest more then what you could afford to (eventually) loose!!!!

Edited by observer90210

11 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

and you think that they would really strangle the hen that lays them golden eggs?....doubt it, if I may....:crazy:

You mean, they wouldn't strangle the hen that lays their golden eggs by doing things like:

-- cracking down and enforcing early closing hours on BKK nightlife places.

--trying to convert Pattaya into some kind of family beach resort sans sex.

--silly bans on alcohol sales between 2 and 5 pm every day that could be enforced just against Thais or Thai young people, but instead are enforced against everyone including tourists for totally no reason.

--utterly failing to provide safe and honest public transport services like vans, taxis, trains etc.

And the list could go on and on. If you think about it, actually, there's a whole lot of strangling going on.

But the point I was addressing to Trumpish was a different one, the issue of permission to stay, which for most retired folks here is limited to one-year-at a time permissions to stay. The government could very easily, with just the PM or someone somewhere deciding so, abolish extensions of stay and require those wishing to remain here to buy either the new O-X visa or the Thailand Elite visas, the costs and rules of which would automatically knock out all kinds of current farang residents.

I'm not saying they will, but they certainly could. And I wouldn't put it past the current crowd. The government doesn't make its money off the settled down folks here. They make their money off the come and go tourists. And frankly, I think the current lot in charge could care less if they took actions that broke up a lot of mixed-families living here. That's not where their bread is buttered.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You mean, they wouldn't strangle the hen that lays their golden eggs by doing things like:

-- cracking down and enforcing early closing hours on BKK nightlife places.

--trying to convert Pattaya into some kind of family beach resort sans sex.

--silly bans on alcohol sales between 2 and 5 pm every day that could be enforced just against Thais or Thai young people, but instead are enforced against everyone including tourists for totally no reason.

--utterly failing to provide safe and honest public transport services like vans, taxis, trains etc.

And the list could go on and on. If you think about it, actually, there's a whole lot of strangling going on.

But the point I was addressing to Trumpish was a different one, the issue of permission to stay, which for most retired folks here is limited to one-year-at a time permissions to stay. The government could very easily, with just the PM or someone somewhere deciding so, abolish extensions of stay and require those wishing to remain here to buy either the new O-X visa or the Thailand Elite visas, the costs and rules of which would automatically knock out all kinds of current farang residents.

I'm not saying they will, but they certainly could. And I wouldn't put it past the current crowd. The government doesn't make its money off the settled down folks here. They make their money off the come and go tourists. And frankly, I think the current lot in charge could care less if they took actions that broke up a lot of mixed-families living here. That's not where their bread is buttered.

you have some points out there....with your kind permission, allow me to reply with a paste of a post I made on a previous thread...

I would be tempted to say enjoy the climate during the freezing european winters,

enjoy the great food, enjoy the water in the pool villas, the genuine or faked smiles all around:crazy:

enjoy the fun in buying toys for the house at Home Pro, enjoy pushing the cart at Big C or Tesco,

have a fun chat with the laundry lady,

educate your young house maids not to put harsh chemicals in the loo that has a sceptic tank

and for those into deeper human relations, enjoy the meeow  and the booze:cheesy: and don't expect any better!...

and above all, keep yer mouths shut in public places  as big brother's golden angel wings are monitoring thou ole sayings!....guess that would resume a bit to get on smoothly by the current climate????

Edited 25 minutes ago by observer90210

You raised the point about strangling the hen that lays their golden eggs. I answered it/rebutted it succinctly.

And then you went off in a totally different direction about enjoying the nice things that can still be had here. That's certainly good advice. But it has nothing to do with the government potentially strangling their hen and the prospect that they could very easily make it very difficult for a lot of retirees to continue living here, if they ever decided to do that.

As for the various "strangling" issues I mentioned, I'm not particularly bothered personally by most of that. I'm not a late-night night clubber, I don't drink much, and I don't care to hang out in Pattaya for sex. But if I was your typical Thailand tourist, I probably would care about those and similar kinds of things quite a bit.

so by your standards, lack of booze and pussy parlours make things difficult for the aged? no intent to contradict you my respected interlocutor, but I am just always open minded and happy to lear new things when debate leads to new directions!!!

Edited by observer90210

9 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

so by your standards, lack of booze and pussy parlours make things difficult for the aged?

Try sticking to one point at a time. Not for the aged, but for tourists in the vein of things the government is doing to in fact strangle the hen that provides their golden eggs.

All of that in sum makes Thailand a relatively less attractive place for folks on vacation who want to come, blow their wad, go out, have fun, drink, carouse, etc... Like they used to do here... But increasingly more difficult in the current environment.

The point I was addressing to Trumpish was a separate one for a separate population, apparently those like you and me. I wasn't talking about tourist issues there. I was talking about the fact that most retirees here live here on 1-year at time permissions to stay, which the government could easily change if they ever wanted to. Retirees here don't figure into the government's idea of golden eggs the same way tourist visitors do.

And obviously, if they're willing to enact policies that clearly hit at the heart of the kinds of things typical tourists are interested then, then why would anyone think they'd have any greater hesitation to go after the retired folks here. We may support Thai families, but we apparently don't figure much into benefiting Thailand from the government's perspective.

38 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

...nevertheless you may have a point, so the golden rule would be never to invest more then what you could afford to (eventually) loose!!!!

That's certainly the rule I follow in all my dealings here, especially considering that my permission to remain in the country has to be renewed one-year at a time by a government that often seems to veer here and there without much forethought.