Isaan or Islands to meet Thai Women ?

Bonobojt

I'm on a 3 month trip, currently in Bangkok, I'm looking to meet Thai Women for friends and fun, I'm not sure where to go next, Isaan or one of the Thai Islands, I also like to eat non spicy cheap Thai food, exercise on the free gym equipment like in lumphini park etc my only worry with Isaan is safety and lack of English speaking Thais, if any guys can help me out I'd appreciate it or if you know a place thats good to meet Thai women anywhere in Thailand can you let me know (I'm 25 years old from the UK) 

Edited by Bonobojt

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before meeting the Mrs I had one holiday of fun. Then I realised what is the point, when you can just do the exact same thing back home  - many Asians living in the West (if that is your thing). With the invention of apps, fun is free anywhere in the world (especially Thai). Don't even have to buy people dinner or drinks anymore (as you always have people in all countries who purely just want one thing). As long as you look half-doable (you're young, so should not be many problems).

However, sure these girls will come to wherever you're staying, but you have to think about how many guys are they doing this with, and generally they are not wearing protection so do you really want to pick up something else...so the risks are there (especially in Thai). Better off staying in BKK, easier to get around, and more opportunities to meet people (for friends or fun).  In BKK most young, half decent looking guys could have a couple of girls coming over every day without even having to leave their hotel room. Just don't be a coward and lie to them, it is what it is. 

In terms of how cheap you are, I would not recommend the South. Issan is cheaper, but will be harder for you to get around, 

If you have not had success already in Thai and you are playing the apps/going out, then I think no place you go to will help lol.

Edited by wildewillie89

Assuming the OP joined the forum when he first arrived last April, his 3 months are nearly up.

...and he's still in Bangkok.

If he's avoided entanglements so far, why start one now?

Go home, join the army (or navy), get a pension and avoid becoming just another homeless farang in LOS.

thanks for the replies, I am having success in Bangkok, and of course I make it clear the girls that I am not looking for anything serious, its fairly easy in Bangkok to meet girls for fun or friendship, I just like to move around and see new places, I always use a condom, so far I've had fun with 2 older women, one was 33 and the other was 35. 

In England girls just don't like me much, but here its a different world, Thai women seem to like me, I am tall, slim, I have ginger beard which some thai women find sexy because its different. I'm sex starved in the UK so I enjoy having fun over here in Thailand.

maybe I can do both, Isaan for a week to see how it goes, and then a island, not sure which province to go to in isaan.

33 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

thanks for the replies, I am having success in Bangkok, and of course I make it clear the girls that I am not looking for anything serious, its fairly easy in Bangkok to meet girls for fun or friendship, I just like to move around and see new places, I always use a condom, so far I've had fun with 2 older women, one was 33 and the other was 35. 

In England girls just don't like me much, but here its a different world, Thai women seem to like me, I am tall, slim, I have ginger beard which some thai women find sexy because its different. I'm sex starved in the UK so I enjoy having fun over here in Thailand.

maybe I can do both, Isaan for a week to see how it goes, and then a island, not sure which province to go to in isaan.

Yeah, 'rangas' aren't too popular for some reason it seems in Western countries. Don't know if the word has caught on worldwide, but it is what us Aussies call gingers. Was from a famous TV show down here, short for 'Orangutan'. Completely harmful joke of course. 

Even fat, bald blokes are popular here (why they fall into the trap of coming every year/spending all their money not on travel as such, but 'fun')...If you are only 25 though, even being a ranga (lol), there will be many 'Asian' girls back home also. I have a lot of Thai, Taiwanese, Chinese, etc friends back home who date rangas. As long as you're a half decent bloke. I would suggest doing that, than being one of those 'farang' who save up every year to buy a plane ticket/hotel, and spend all their money on a month or two of going out and having fun. But completely your life so if you can afford it/don't get lonely doing it. I did the opposite. was having too much fun back in Melbourne (just get bored/lonely eventually having a different girl all the time), so decided to find something serious here in Thai. 

I live in Issan, it is a nice place to live, but in terms of what you are looking for (travel/fun), then I probably wouldn't bother. Not as easy to get around as other places if you don't know how to/have transport. But many on here I am sure will say it is worth a 'root'. I couldn't disagree more lol. Travelling by plane for a root is bad enough, but travelling a further 5 or so hours in a bus for a root, that is when life has reached a level no one wants. The islands or North are probably better spots to 'travel'.

You will get a different aspect of the culture. People are much more generous/welcoming up in Issan...although obviously they lack the English skills you may find in Bangkok. As you won't get the constant sexual assaults/harassment as you walk down streets from hookers like in Bangkok, society is a much warmer/natural feeling I find. 

Same as all of Thai in terms of safety, just keep out of trouble and the only things that will get you are cars, diseases, etc. You are not here long term, so you aren't really a target for much, other than petty thieving. 

Edited by wildewillie89

1 hour ago, Bonobojt said:

hard to meet woman in esan. i was there for 5 months and even with basic thai they dont seem interested in us foreigners. fun going around the islands. like another poster said you pay for it one way or another and pattaya has the best value for money.

4 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

my only worry with Isaan is safety and lack of English speaking Thais

Much less concern with safety (except road traffic) than in many tourist hot spots.

And yes, English knowledge close to zero.

And don't think women in Isan are up for easy fun with foreigners.

Go to the islands.

I'd agree with the posts above. Spend a week on Ko Samui or something similar. There are plenty of available woman in Isan.  I know a bloke in Khon Kaen who was 'interviewing' girls for weeks to find a fair dinkum girlfriend. He lined them all up on a Thai dating site.

If you have enough time, I'm sure you could hook up with some ladies through a dating site and arrange for them to show you around their part of Isan. 

That said, Isan is pretty conservative and it would be hard (as a tourist with only a week or so) to meet decent girls without introductions or actually living in a town and meeting them in day to day interactions.

If you can`t get laid in England at 25 years old, I honestly pity you.  

However, you have come to the right place. You can get laid anywhere in Thailand

and can probably ag some tourist chicks too.

BUT

Your thinking too much with your large head.  

Just remember everybody pays for sex, everywhere.

In the West it is with dinner and a movie, in the East its an honest financial transaction or maybe its cash for a sick buffalo or a new roof.  Depends on how green you are.  Its the same all the way up the food chain here. Fat expats (like me) pay the bar fine, Boss Red Bull gives Ferrari rides. And don't forget, the most attractive thing about you is your UK citizenship and the  potential for a "Golden Ticket" out of here.  Try not fall in love and get serious about a particular "slice of pizza" till you have eaten your fill of pizza all over Thailand.     

When it's all just meat, then maybe you can find someone to hook up with long term until she rips you off.  

Edited by Juan B Tong

3 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Yeah, 'rangas' aren't too popular for some reason it seems in Western countries. Don't know if the word has caught on worldwide, but it is what us Aussies call gingers.

This must be a new expression. In my day it was 'Bluey'.

4 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Its been a few years but Udon Thani has a small bar scene,  most of the people are probably old enough to be your grandfather, i think you would be better off in the islands Koh Chang perhaps, much more your age group, dont rule out Pattaya  with all those obese old sweaty men in football shirts, you cant go wrong, never thought of growing a lady tickler though, good luck

8 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

...my only worry with Isaan is safety and lack of English speaking Thais, if any guys can help me out I'd appreciate it or if you know a place thats good to meet Thai women anywhere in Thailand can you let me know (I'm 25 years old from the UK)

To my knowledge Isaan will not be a lot of fun for a 25-year old Brit, looking to meet Thai women for friend and fun – not so much about safety, it's all right, but merely boring and language problems; and where do you think of meeting the ladies..?

Bangkok, where you is now, is a fine possibility, as there are many universities and young ladies – I presume red-light areas are not the primary choice – but it's also a big busy city.

The islands might be a good option for a young chap, to both have some fun himself, and meet ladies looking for fun; however islands may be more expensive than Bangkok, so you may need to pay for a gym membership; and in general little more than Bangkok, but you can still stay at an island on a fair budget.

I can speak mainly about the area I live in, an island floated with young folks looking for fun, and also loaded with young ladies, both foreigners and Thais. A young foreign (farang) guy is normally very popular, especially among the local girls, so it may be worth a consideration the check the islands Koh Phangan and Koh Samui; on the latter you shall consider the Chaweng area, whilst at Phangan probably Haad Rin will be of interest – I'm familiar with both places, and I'm having lots of fun...:smile:

(Edit)PS: I don't like spicy food either – "mai pet" is no problem here...:thumbsup:

Edited by khunPer

Since your in Bangkok I suggest you go to Central Mall Lad Prao, take in an English speaking movie (no Thai subtitles ) In the theater everyone in there Thai couples, college girls, sigle girls speak English. Can strike up a conversation with a girl after the movie lets out. At least you will know that all coming out of the movie speak English.

Just remember that for a lot of the women you're hooking up with, the best paying, most secure job available to them is "mother of some foreigner's kid".

Not all of them obviously, but enough to be careful.

6 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

My ugly 52 year old Orc of a chum has shagged half of Khon Kaen, so that would look like an option. Wall-to-wall students. 

Edited by Craig krup

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge Isaan will not be a lot of fun for a 25-year old Brit, looking to meet Thai women for friend and fun – not so much about safety, it's all right, but merely boring and language problems; and where do you think of meeting the ladies..?

Oh dear...

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

A young foreign (farang) guy is normally very popular, especially among the local girls, so it may be worth a consideration the check the islands Koh Phangan and Koh Samui; on the latter you shall consider the Chaweng area, whilst at Phangan probably Haad Rin will be of interest – I'm familiar with both places, and I'm having lots of fun...

Like Peter Andre and his Mysterious Girl?

30 minutes ago, Craig krup said:

My ugly 52 year old Orc of a chum has shagged half of Khon Kaen, so that would look like an option. Wall-to-wall students.

See what you're missing K Per?

Went to Khon Kaen for Songham. Issan woman do want foreign men and anyone that says the opposite has not been to issan. They are many girls afraid to go to Bkk or Pattaya but are looking for foreign man. Especially since Thai men generally are not interested in Thai women over age 20 in Issan. 

If you are so sex starved or a sex addict, you can also go to Soi Nana or Soi Cowboy in Bangkok to satisfy your urge. Closest to airport, save your travel costs and get more shags. The free gym equipment in Lumpini park is a short walk too.