French expat dead by knife in chest, Phuket police deem suicide

webfact

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

buy an injection needle and blow air in your vains

Or some KCL solution

A knife in your chest !!! cmon

Yes, air embolism a lot better than knife in the chest, but a magic potion by a medical doctor would be most likely. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor guy. One can only imagine how he must have been feeling to end his life in such a horrific fashion, if this is indeed what happened.

Some Forum members (they know who t hey are) should be ashamed for posting such insensitive rubbish on this incident - as should the moderators for allowing them to do so.

Have you no respect at all for the suffering of this unfortunate man before he died or for the ordeal his wife and relatives must now be enduring?

This "official" suicide BS will go on forever, unless EVERY death of a Farang will be subject of an autopsy, surveilled by medical staff employed and certified by Farang Embassies.

Just ONE point: It makes a big difference, if "the cause of death" is of "natural causes" or not, if there is a "Life-Insurance" situation present.
Cheers. 

26 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Poor guy. One can only imagine how he must have been feeling to end his life in such a horrific fashion, if this is indeed what happened.

Some Forum members (they know who t hey are) should be ashamed for posting such insensitive rubbish on this incident - as should the moderators for allowing them to do so.

Have you no respect at all for the suffering of this unfortunate man before he died or for the ordeal his wife and relatives must now be enduring?

"Some Forum members (they know who t hey are) should be ashamed for posting such insensitive rubbish on this incident - as should the moderators for allowing them to do so."

Spot on, and every single similar thread is the same.

Its bloody disgusting to say the least.

As much as i hate moderation of forums, these and other sensitive topics really do need to be moderated to hell.

Edited by happyas

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

He was a doctor and then he dont know how to kill himself gently?

Stabbing a knife in your chest?!  cmon !!

You sit in bath, drink a bottle of rum and slit your wrist. 

At 81, one last shagathon should shut down the ticker.

Most of the suicide cases are from the lower classes and involve heavy drinking and a fantasy that a bar girl will really love them. Others are sick guys on deaths door.
But the fact that for the most part, family doesn't catch the first flight to pressure the media for an inquest speaks volumes.

A knife in the chest as surmise its suicide I have never in my 64 years head of such a ridiculous thing  Unless he fell forward onto the knife it would be very difficult to stab yourself in the chest Lots of bone to go  through

This is not good police work Its the work of Keystone cops 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

What can you expect when they send untrained tourist police to check the scene.

Surely if a person was going to end their own life with a knife it would be wrists or neck, not chest.

Not always. I saw a woman who shoved a kitchen knife under her breast bone into her heart to make a point.

Strange story? My Father just died of cancer. In the end he just lacked any form of energy. As a doctor I would have thought there would be a number of ways to end your life as humanly as possible. A lot of energy needed to force a knife into the chest.

Doesn't sound like a mercy killing/death.

This is starting to get Kafkaesque! What the <deleted> is the police doing? How many westerners need to get killed (read: murdered) before the police start investigating these deaths properly? Did they check security footage? Interview the neighbours or the wife or the wife's Gik Somchai? Was there a blood splatter analysis done or any kind of crime scene investigation? Did they even check for prints on the murder weapon and around the house? 

Killing oneself in this fashion is EXTREMELY rare. Hell even jumping doesn't rate very high and it seems in Thailand farang jumps to their death every day. 

Did the poice check the kniofe for prints that were not the French Mans, perhaps some other person?

81  and may have had the courage to do that, but I highly doubt it. Not a common way to commit suicide

at all.

Geezer

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

What can you expect when they send untrained tourist police to check the scene.

Surely if a person was going to end their own life with a knife it would be wrists or neck, not chest.

I beg to differ... untrained you say

these are specially trained police in the art of not making paperwork or tarnishing the tourist business !

12 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

He was a doctor and then he dont know how to kill himself gently?

Stabbing a knife in your chest?!  cmon !!

You sit in bath, drink a bottle of rum and slit your wrist. 

Well killing yourself gently very much depends on where in LOS you are. In Isaan you put rat poison into your grub. In central areas you drive a motorbike precariously along a dangerous road until someone runs you off it. Up north and Pattaya you throw yourself out of a high rise condo. Drown whilst inspecting piling is also valid. Paracetamol and orange juice; very tasty!!

This method is so unusual, almost unique. Just one thrust and you're brown bread.

17 hours ago, esprit said:

Another "suicide" deduced by the keystone cops yet they don't know where his wife is !!!!!

That didn't take long did it - read the linked article, she was outside with the Nurse and her husband waved at her, nurse went back in and found him bleeding.  BTW  they actually said "they didn;'t know where she was at the time of death, not that they couldn;t find her. 

RIP Old Timer, took a lot of balls to stick a knife in your chest, had to be the most painful way to die, being a doctor, I would have thought morphine OD would have been  easier way - you could have written your own script.