Re-entry permit desks at Suvarnabhumi

Is there a re-entry permit desk in both departure immigration halls? I recall seeing them on various transits but never paid much attention as I never needed to use them. I recall seeing one off to the far left end of one of the halls last year. Any updates would be handy as I will need to get one next Sunday morning.

Thanks!

NL

• Like 1

Reentry permits are only available in one of the departure halls. For safety, I suggest you ask those checking your boarding card as you enter the departure hall that you are going into the correct one. Once in the correct hall, your recollection is correct. You apply on the extreme left just before the immigration counters.

50 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

apply ? you dont just pick a form up and fill it out ?

No, you need to provide a photo and cash in addition to a completed form. They will then take your passport away and stamp a reentry permit into it before returning it.

• Like 1

I seem to recall the Reentry Desk was at one of the Departure Immigration queues about 2 Years ago, and then they moved them to somewhere at Departure Hall. Did it move again since?
And does someone know if they are open 24 hours?
Im waiting for confirmation on my 1 Year Non-O Extension and had to book a flight out next week Monday night, so will have to get one at the Airport as Immigration Pattaya dont issue them on the spot.

Could someone explain what this is and what to do.  I come to Thailand every Oct with a Retirement Visa in my Passport.  I leave at the end of March and back the following Oct.   Maybe this would not be available to me.   Please send replies to <contact by personal message> .  I get notices at the bottom of my computer that someone has made a reply to something I wrote but when I click the message, everything goes away and I never see the reply.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed email address (forum rule)

38 minutes ago, BritTim said:

No, you need to provide a photo and cash in addition to a completed form. They will then take your passport away and stamp a reentry permit into it before returning it.

ic; thanks; didnt know that; i presume they Can do the photo then and there ? if not, then this relatively small detail can trip people up

10 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

Could someone explain what this is and what to do. 

A re-entry permit is issued for a permit to stay you already have to keep the remainder of it valid when you leave and re-enter country.

For example if you had a 90 day permit to stay from a visa and you left 10 days after you got it and stayed out of the country for 10 days you would be stamped in for the remaining 70 days of the entry.

28 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

ic; thanks; didnt know that; i presume they Can do the photo then and there ? if not, then this relatively small detail can trip people up

At Suvarnabhumi (never at Don Muang) there have at times been a way to get the photo done at the time of application. This should not be relied upon as it has more often not been possible, and has, indeed, sometimes tripped people up.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Reentry permits are only available in one of the departure halls. For safety, I suggest you ask those checking your boarding card as you enter the departure hall that you are going into the correct one. Once in the correct hall, your recollection is correct. You apply on the extreme left just before the immigration counters.

Good to know. Since one has to commit to one or other departure immigration lounge and has to go through security BEFORE getting to it, it would be good to know which concourse it is in. Bugger to go through that rigmarole and find out it is in the other concourse. Hopefully someone has the requisite recent experience.

1 minute ago, midasthailand said:

I used the re-entry permit desk at Swampy 2 weeks ago. Painless process no need for a photo as they use the same type of camera that immigration use when you enter Thailand. Takes a total of about 20 minutes. Very simple process no need for any effort on your part, just pay 1200 Baht.

Do you recall what departure security/immigration lounge you went through? There's two and apparently only the one has the re-entry permit desk.

If you can't recall exactly, maybe the one nearest your airline check-in aisle? If so, what airline was it?

4 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I have used re-4ntry permits before but I have always used CW to get them.

Never used the re-entry permit desk in either of the two Bangkok airports.

It just is not my nature to wait for the last minute to deal with such important details.

Others may disagree, but as I said I want such "details" settled in advance for safety.

I don't disagree but my Auntie Mary just shuffled off this mortal coil in New Zealand and unfortunately it wasn't between 8 A.M. and 4 P.M. Monday-Friday.

I guess it just wasn't in her nature either.

Thanks for playing.

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

At the airport they charge 1,200 baht for the reentry while at CW it's

only 1,000 baht fro a single re entry, anyone one knows why?

is it because the ' convenience ' factor?...

Oh dear...

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is in  immigration departure zone 2.

Yes thanks, question answered.

And with reference to above post from ezzra and the 'can of worms' that inevitably ensues, this thread can be closed.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oh dear...

Yes thanks, question answered.

And with reference to above post from ezzra and the 'can of worms' that inevitably ensues, this thread can be closed.

good idea, before that chap turns up who knows how to bypass the desk and avoid the 200 baht surcharge.

31 minutes ago, ezzra said:

At the airport they charge 1,200 baht for the reentry while at CW it's

only 1,000 baht fro a single re entry, anyone one knows why?

is it because the ' convenience ' factor?..

The extra 200 baht is a service fee to do the form, photo and required copies.

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I cannot do that yet since this topic is in the newsletter.

6 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

May I ask again, before closure of this thread, if the Reentry Desk is open late? Need to board a night flight departing 3:30 AM and wont make it there before Midnight. Need to worry?

Post in the topic on the Suvarnabhumi forum.

I just had a very pleasant experience at Swampy immigration. I arrived with a 60 day tourist visa from Manila embassy but I need to leave after 10 days, stay away for one week and then return to Thailand for the balance of the 60 days. 

When I explained this to the IO I asked if he could give me 30 days entry and I could then use my TV when I returned, saving me getting a re-entry permit., He thought for a moment, stamped my passport and  said "I never saw any tourist visa" Nice one!!

Because the Re-entry desk is behind the security check in allow time to check your bags,

I Flew off to Vietnam last Xmas  it took forever to discharge my bag, (Russians cocked it

up,and subsequently was rushed through and given TV, after I  returned had to go to

CW to repair my retirement extension PITA,LEAVE TIME, for unseen eventualities............   

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Do you recall what departure security/immigration lounge you went through? There's two and apparently only the one has the re-entry permit desk.

If you can't recall exactly, maybe the one nearest your airline check-in aisle? If so, what airline was it?

I believe it was the one on the left if you face the immigration halls with your back to the check in counters.