where does your rubbish go ?

jippytum

Is there a designated council rubbish  dump in your area open to the public ?

If not that is why there is so much irresponsible 'fly tipping" and burning of refuse which is  a problem in most provinces..  Reports recently of fridges and mattresses blocking storm drains in Chaing Mai . If you have work done on your property how can you make sure the contractors dispose of your rubbish properly.

"Where does your rubbish go?"

I don't know about peeps here but I put my rubbish in the rubbish bin. Seems like the logical place to put it to me, a bit of a no-brainer really. But if the rubbish bin is full I might do a cheeky thing & just put the rubbish in front of the door of my arch enemy in my condo building. Doesn't everybody? :smile:

Edited by bbi1

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Stick it all in a big box and in big letters write 'For Sale' 100 Baht.

It will go away 2 minutes after you shut your front door.

I doubt that would work. If I did that I would probably get a warning letter from the Juristic person in my condo.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I doubt that would work. If I did that I would probably get a warning letter from the Juristic person in my condo.

If you put an old something that is broken, kitchen something like a pot with a broken handle sticking out the top believe me it works.

There is nothing as an individual i can do i recycle as much as i can. What happens to the bin bags collected by the official bin wagon i have no control over. As for work on the house ive yet to meet a contractor or company that take away any items after doing work for you. In my experience they leave it for you to dispose of.  Fly tipping is a problem all over the world there is no easy solution to it, even having free tips wont help they dump it as soon as they can. Toilet waste when you get your tanks emptied ever seen where it goes?. Caught our toilet waste wagon emptying his tanker into our sugar fields once.

13 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

In all my years here , the first years driving around all of Thailand , I've never seen a garbage dump .

If you go off road your see one eventually or follow a lorry dustcart. :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

In all my years here , the first years driving around all of Thailand , I've never seen a garbage dump .

Oh, dear, you must get around a bit more.

Anyway. Every neighbourhood has a couple of guys that will come and collect your bottles, plastic and metal, we dump all that stuff at the neighbour's and they get paid by the guys.

Part of the deal is that the neighbours don't burn rubbish in their garden but put it into plastic bags that we buy. There are various places where we can legally (or at least without protests) put the bags into plastic bins provided, you find out with time where these are situated.

However I really do think that the burning of rubbish should be cracked down upon and that a collection service should be available to (and imposed upon) everyone. I have actually seen school buses stopping and a kid getting out to sling a sack into the roadside ditch, kids throwing their empty drink container from the back of a motor bike is a common sight.

In Europe, when you buy a fridge, you pay a tax for getting rid of it at the end of its life, you get the money back when you take it in.

11 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

There is nothing as an individual i can do i recycle as much as i can. What happens to the bin bags collected by the official bin wagon i have no control over. As for work on the house ive yet to meet a contractor or company that take away any items after doing work for you. In my experience they leave it for you to dispose of.  Fly tipping is a problem all over the world there is no easy solution to it, even having free tips wont help they dump it as soon as they can. Toilet waste when you get your tanks emptied ever seen where it goes?. Caught our toilet waste wagon emptying his tanker into our sugar fields once.

" As for work on the house ive yet to meet a contractor or company that take away any items after doing work for you. In my experience they leave it for you to dispose of."

I only incurred this problem once, first & last time. I've had major house reno done as well as concrete driveway & other work  over the past few years. When getting quote for any work I stipulate ALL rubbish Must be removed by the workers before they get paid. I have little doubt some of the contractors add a little extra to the bill to cover such cost, if any, but rubbish disposal isn't something I have to do.

Just sayin.

30 minutes ago, malt25 said:

" As for work on the house ive yet to meet a contractor or company that take away any items after doing work for you. In my experience they leave it for you to dispose of."

I only incurred this problem once, first & last time. I've had major house reno done as well as concrete driveway & other work  over the past few years. When getting quote for any work I stipulate ALL rubbish Must be removed by the workers before they get paid. I have little doubt some of the contractors add a little extra to the bill to cover such cost, if any, but rubbish disposal isn't something I have to do.

Just sayin.

Therein lays the problem you pay then to fly tip just saying

13 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Hey ive exactly the same thing , the small blue trucks backing upto the sugar and away it goes.Is this legal anyone? Or does noone care

17 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Hey ive exactly the same thing , the small blue trucks backing upto the sugar and away it goes.Is this legal anyone? Or does noone care

Wasnt best pleased  explained to him not to dump it there again. He doesnt now he goes to next farm lol. 

The Thais think it just goes to "Rubbish Heaven" sadly.

To be more serious it is a major problem in all big cities. In LA when the rubbish collectors went on strike 

the mountains of rubbish got so big that one fell on 3 children killing them

22 minutes ago, Black arab said:

I would of thought the farmers are not best pleased

I wasnt but its not on our farm now which is good the other farms will have to sort it themselfs im afraid.

23 minutes ago, Black arab said:

I would of thought the farmers are not best pleased

I thought sh!t was good for the soil. The farmer could just go and spread it around, maybe even come to an arrangement with the sh!t dumper.

Rubbish gets picked over by the maids in a condo. Used plastic bottles have some value, even cardboard. No idea where it goes from there.

The villages usually have a pit scooped out by a bulldozer. They burn the contents periodically. When it's full, cover with earth and move to another spot. Don't know if the monks are called in to bless the new pit.

3 minutes ago, Mitker said:

there:

(Krabi 2 weeks ago - and some questions from the kids, difficult to answer)

20170607_095312 red.jpg

sad....really sad...we are destroying our own food chain....

education....no matter of enforcement can change habbits apart from an agressive educative campaign to inform people on the disasters of throwing garbage in the sea and ocean...

In Chiang mai ,we live in a housing estate and a garbage truck comes around once a week .The bottles and plastic we put to one side ,to be recycled .Either i bring or a neighbour to a recycling center where they pay out a few baht .

Where the rubbish truck takes the garbage is unknown to me .A lot of fly tipping takes place on the side of main roads which i find disgusting .Its similar all over Thailand .

Edited by anto

42 minutes ago, anto said:

In Chiang mai ,we live in a housing estate and a garbage truck comes around once a week .The bottles and plastic we put to one side ,to be recycled .Either i bring or a neighbour to a recycling center where they pay out a few baht .

Where the rubbish truck takes the garbage is unknown to me .A lot of fly tipping takes place on the side of main roads which i find disgusting .Its similar all over Thailand .

Its similar all over Europe

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I thought sh!t was good for the soil. The farmer could just go and spread it around, maybe even come to an arrangement with the sh!t dumper.

There fertiliser then theres shit mixed with god knows what. Good old fashioned buffalo shot no problems humam shit no thanks