Sexy dancer "Lamyai" who annoyed the general says poverty is what drives her

webfact

Sexy dancer "Lamyai" who annoyed the general says poverty is what drives her 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The sexy dancer and singer who Prime Minister Prayut ordered to cover up has spoken of her desire to help her family escape the clutches of poverty.

And the articulate lady said she is going to use her fame to make as much as she can while it lasts.

Prayut Chan-ocha got hot under the collar last week when Lamyai Haithongkham, a mor lam country singer and dancer, was shown gyrating in a skimpy outfit.

Military men were dispatched to one of her shows to order her to cover up.

Lamyai told Thai Rath in an interview that you needed to have been poor to know where she is coming from.

She was asked if it was true that she used to sell sweets at shows to make ends meet.

"Yes, I used to go out as a young child with my mum and gran selling boiled sweets, nuts and fruit at entertainment venues.

"But later on a teacher heard me sing and I started taking part in school then provincial singing events".

She was asked why she had dropped out of performing art school.

"Work was pouring in," she said. "I am not going to turn it down and I am going to make as much money as I can to help my family while I can.

"I intend to use my fame while it lasts".

The singer, respected by many in Thai society not just for her singing but her class in speech and manners, said that she had not quit higher education for good.

She would continue to study at a later time.

"Poverty is a terrible thing," she said. "I am going to help my family and use my fame at the moment for their benefit".

The singer has been criticized for her inappropriate behavior on stage but many see that her values are those to admire, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-20

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we have a lass who's is hard working, smart and articulated and someone

want to cover her up.. why? has she offended anyone by aching a decent living

for her and her family, isn't enough 'covering' going around here

and not the Lamyai kinds?....

Making a living through sexy dancing = bad and immoral

Making god knows how much and stealing from the poor through lying, deceit and corruption = Okay, just don't talk about it even though everyone knows it's happening. 

I'm glad everyone understands my culture and it isn't unique. 

28 minutes ago, ezzra said:

has she offended anyone by aching a decent living

At least one BM :stoner:

51 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the "help my family" excuse, I'd have enough money to help my family. 

It is the time honored excuse for all wrong doing. In her case that is minimal. However if you ever get introuble - I did it for my family. Just keep repeating it!

Edited by LomSak27

1 hour ago, daboyz1 said:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the "help my family" excuse, I'd have enough money to help my family. 

and that's an 'excuse' is it?

My son is 5 years old, he earned quite a bit of money from an Hitachi advertisement and he wanted to spend some of it to buy me a car... sadly it was only 75k and he wanted to buy a Porsche...

Isn't this kind of desire normal? What kind of family do you come from?

and that's an 'excuse' is it?
My son is 5 years old, he earned quite a bit of money from an Hitachi advertisement and he wanted to spend some of it to buy me a car... sadly it was only 75k and he wanted to buy a Porsche...
Isn't this kind of desire normal? What kind of family do you come from?

Laugh.

It is the time honored excuse for all wrong doing. In her case that is minimal. However if you ever get introuble - I did it for my family. Just keep repeating it!

Funny thing is probably little to none of it is going to the family. Maybe to the boyfriend or the shoe/handbag shop, but probably not to the family.

But that does not matter - just by utter it and saying it ... it will be accepted and no one will look farther than that. That is why it is such a popular excuse.

A diplomat gets outed for being on the take .... well he was helping poor thais who did not have the money for air fare get back home. The excuse is accepted! Ohh what a guy!

In my country they would say, ok great so how about some people that you have helped??  Give us an example ..... WOOOOOOooops

But these excuses are accepted here.

Well done girl, give it back to Prayut.  This actually shows how out of touch with reality that Prayut really is.   He totally fails to understand what goes on, and has been going on, in rural Thailand for decades.  As he busily stuffs money from the sub and armoured car deals into his pockets, he has no clue what Thailand's rural poor must endure on a daily basis.

On top of which, surely he must have much more important things to attend to, other than what some Thai teen does on stage.   Prayut is an embarrassment.

I love her, watched some utube of her last night 30 hip thrust hehehe, I hope the PM gets an ulcer or two worrying about this girl. If you get a chance watch her on the Mum show very nice voice beautiful girl and a great preformer.

4 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Being judgmental isn't the Thai way.  Perhaps you should mind your own business,  move back to where ever you came from,  or walk in her high heels a mile before you make stupid comments like that. 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here we have a lass who's is hard working, smart and articulated and someone

want to cover her up.. why? has she offended anyone by aching a decent living

you dont understand thai society. it is very conservative and maintaining these conservative standards is the most important thing, even more important than the high number of people living in poverty.

on a more serious note how can the good general be upset about bikinis and pelvic thrusting when thailand is seen by many as the worlds brothel?

I remember being told by a "lady of the night" here in Thailand that she allowed herself to be the "play sextoy" for the Farang to feed herself.....I asked her did she eat regularly in the Hilton?

That is a true story.

She doesn't need an excuse. She works hard for her money and does no harm to anyone. Instead of listening to other people's excuses you might want to work for your money like she does.

censorship of the arts. 

By now only known from the infamous reds

Sad and inappropriate. Not belonging into this century

Hopefully not the begin of an Iran like policy

Edited by sweatalot