South Korean deaf and mute man puts down 500,000 baht dowry to wed his similarly handicapped Thai sweetheart

webfact

South Korean deaf and mute man puts down 500,000 baht dowry to wed his similarly handicapped Thai sweetheart

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

AYUTTHAYA: -- A deaf and mute South Korean man has married his similarly handicapped Thai sweetheart after love blossomed following many video calls between the pair.

Sanook reported that it was a very happy occasion on Sunday in Nong Nam Yai sub district of Ayuthaya at the nuptials of Darat Sukeebot, 43, and Lee Han Yang, 58.

The couple met online and fell in love after using video every day for six months.

Lee brought with him 16,500,000 won for the dowry and Darat said she would hopefully give him two children - either boys or girls would be fine.

The couple plan to go and live in South Korea though the bride hopes to come back and visit her folks several times a year.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-20

Sometimes I think that being deaf and mute and married and a bliss

not having to be bothered by the constant naggings and give me that

and give me this...can you nag in sign language too I wonder?...

18 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You can indeed....one of my dearest old friends is deaf/mute and she batters her hubby relentlessly....

16 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can indeed....one of my dearest old friends is deaf/mute and she batters her hubby relentlessly....

But you only need one finger on one hand to respond to it.

Edited by halloween

Interesting, i thought sign language was different in each country but perhaps Thai and Korean are similar. Otherwise communicating by video those few months must have been hard work. Good luck to the lovely pair- their kids may be borne with perfect hearing but they'll have to learn sign language too!

I

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

Interesting, i thought sign language was different in each country but perhaps Thai and Korean are similar. Otherwise communicating by video those few months must have been hard work. Good luck to the lovely pair- their kids may be borne with perfect hearing but they'll have to learn sign language too!

Isn't signing universal? The beauty of it is the ability to communicate across border.

( unlike the dog featured on the BBC website that only speaks Polish; after the rescuers discovered that by chance, they are now teaching him English...and the new owners have learnt a smattering of dog inteacrion Polish)

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Thai sign language is based heavily on American sign language and was developed by teachers who were educated in the US and set up schools for deaf children in Thailand. Korean sign language is based more around Japanese sign language. They probably communicate using international sign language which is not as conventionalised or complex as natural sign languages, and has a more limited lexicon.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes, but love is blind!!!

3 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

I

Isn't signing universal? The beauty of it is the ability to communicate across border.

( unlike the dog featured on the BBC website that only speaks Polish; after the rescuers discovered that by chance, they are now teaching him English...and the new owners have learnt a smattering of dog inteacrion Polish)

Nope they're all different- British and American are mutually unintelligible - 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Really classy! Ever thought about how much these two persons wishes they actually could speak and hear?